UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Online Updates

I know we'll have to be patient for the official listing of our men's basketball schedule (announced Sept. 9th last year), but I think it's reasonable to expect that at least the roster online should be updated to include the new recruits and to remove the graduates. With new students coming in and looking online to find out info about our teams (especially something high profile like our basketball team), I think it's appropriate to have current info listed.

Maybe there's a good reason why it's not listed yet and I'm just too anxious for the season..lol. :D Any thoughts??

Considering school hasn't started, you probably should simma down. Though they have signed NLI's, something could still happen prior to the start of the school year. Kids can change their minds at any time, so the safest course of action is always to wait.

Same thing for schedules - things change, so why put out something until it's "final"?

Considering school hasn't started, you probably should simma down. Though they have signed NLI's, something could still happen prior to the start of the school year. Kids can change their minds at any time, so the safest course of action is always to wait.

Same thing for schedules - things change, so why put out something until it's "final"?

True on some, but the graduates (Q, Wyatt, Kenny) aren't coming back and the coaches have moved on/been hired. At the very least those could be changed.

• 4 weeks later...

We're now 1/2 way through the Giants Camp and the July Hoops Open Recruiting period has passed and no update on the team roster.

Potential players, their parents or other parties of interest waste their time looking at the UA site and must sometimes wonder if the guy recruiting them really is a coach at UA.

Our site lists Driscoll, Edwards and Barnes as assistants and players like Perry and Dyson along with those that graduated as players.

If there is some rule which doesn't allow us to add new names yet maybe we would be better off if the powers that be atleast deleted the names of those who are no longer part of the program.

Here is the problem with outsourcing: you outsource for a content management system, but you don't outsource the responsibilities of actually updating the site.

The former FansOnly (CSTV, Collegesports.com, whatever they're called) will update things ... if you ask them to and tell them what to do (and pay the top-line fee, which is around $10-15,000 per year ... if you get a lower rated plan, you don't get an editor to do your updates and you have to do them yourself).

But they don't automatically go onto your site and remove coaches who have been let go, left, or players who graduated or transferred. (In fact how could they? They don't know who has left and who hasn't).

So, while that might be a good idea for the aesthetics of the site, I don't think that was your gripe - the content is managed by people.

Maybe a letter to the AD about those sentiments would get more response than a post here, becuase Patch made a good point (below).

Potential players, their parents or other parties of interest waste their time looking at the UA site and must sometimes wonder if the guy recruiting them really is a coach at UA.

Our site lists Driscoll, Edwards and Barnes as assistants and players like Perry and Dyson along with those that graduated as players.

Roster is now changed on the website

9204[/snapback]

Ahhh, very good to see. But this naturally leads to the question, who is Sean Leahy? Looks like a non-scholly walk-on I would presume. I yahooed him and found him mainly listed for the West Genesee LAX team, couldn't find any good quick info for him for basketball. 6'7" is nice to come in, but 195 lbs is an ABSOLUTE TWIG.