UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Quinnipiac to America East?

DaneFan2k3

I know it's been talked about before, but not for a while ... but I found this tidbit online and wanted to see what you thought about it?

"Word seeping out of the America East Conference is that Quinnipiac could be a league member as soon as 2008-09, either as the league's 10th member or as a replacement for a school on the way out."

Not sure who would be leaving necessarily, but QU has definitely upgraded their facilities with their new basketball/hockey arena.

I have seen this talked about before. I even did a posting on the board regarding it some time ago. They would be a good fit geographically, and they do have that beautiful new facility. Maybe there is something to all the rumors I've heard and read over the past few months. They once were part of America east for Lacrosse--but decided to move on.

The rumor was started by the Administration. There is no need, want, or fit for Qunnipiac. Any expansion should be FOOTBALL related...and this would be a shocker.

The academics are horrific...no matter what crap the school tries to sell people on .

Trust me....I worked hand-in-hand for two years with the Administration (both academic and athletic). Any school that allows Ed McMahon to "purchase" his daughters way into school...is not a school I want to be associated with.

I hope not. What does the school have to offer that would be of any value to the AE? They do have hockey which I would love to see UA develop. Imagine UA,UVM,BU,UNH,Maine and who knows......could be something special, but I'm getting off topic. Bottom line, NO Q

I've thought about that question a number of times. I think what is working against us is that the Big East already has 16 teams in basketball. I think the best case would be that South Florida moves to the ACC. Of course we would need to significantly upgrade are athletic program, most notably in football. It is however something to think about. I think UA is moving in the right direction in both athletics and academics. it's an exciting time to be involved in the UA community.

I've thought about that question a number of times. I think what is working against us is that the Big East already has 16 teams in basketball. I think the best case would be that South Florida moves to the ACC. Of course we would need to significantly upgrade are athletic program, most notably in football. It is however something to think about. I think UA is moving in the right direction in both athletics and academics. it's an exciting time to be involved in the UA community.

Let's not get carried away. Great enthusiasm. A perfect fit for us, if indeed we tried to move, would be the CAA after it splits (and believe me...it will). Other that that, FBS aspirations are 15-20 years away.

Archived