UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I think UA has to just put the last 2 games out of their thoughts. SFA and SHU are just dreadful squads. I won't even go over the games because they were basically gimmies. The one area of concern is our pass D. We are continually getting torched for huge TD passes see Stony Brook, and SFA. That should not be a problem with Wagner because they have a good RB but I am sure they will try and exploit our secondary.

On a good note our O line is really starting to play well and I am beginning to love this McCarty kid...he is a military type who wants to be an A Ranger which if you don't know takes a very rugged/different mindset type of individual. Meaning you don't want to piss him off and see him in a dark alley later on. I know this because a very good friend is a Green Beret which is the Marine's equivalent...lets just say he can chew glass and well you get the picture. I know the Oline outing has been against inferior opposition but they beat up SBU for all of the game except that one yard on the goal line and did a decent job early on of keeping Vinny upright against Montana. So we need them to start to take over games. BTW this # 76 who is a jr and is starting to see some playing time is VERY GOOD. He plays with a mean streak and will step in nicely next season as the starter if not sooner.

Wagner was cocky and played CCSU tough but I think that is only because CCSU runs 95% ofd the game and were able to keep it close. I think this game will be tougher then the last two but I still think we win going away. No turnovers , don't give up the big pass play and beat them senseless up front over the course of 4 qtrs and we could be on our way. IT'S NOW A 4 GAME SEASON!!!!

I think UA has to just put the last 2 games out of their thoughts. SFA and SHU are just dreadful squads. I won't even go over the games because they were basically gimmies. The one area of concern is our pass D. We are continually getting torched for huge TD passes see Stony Brook, and SFA. That should not be a problem with Wagner because they have a good RB but I am sure they will try and exploit our secondary.

On a good note our O line is really starting to play well and I am beginning to love this McCarty kid...he is a military type who wants to be an A Ranger which if you don't know takes a very rugged/different mindset type of individual. Meaning you don't want to piss him off and see him in a dark alley later on. I know this because a very good friend is a Green Beret which is the Marine's equivalent...lets just say he can chew glass and well you get the picture. I know the Oline outing has been against inferior opposition but they beat up SBU for all of the game except that one yard on the goal line and did a decent job early on of keeping Vinny upright against Montana. So we need them to start to take over games. BTW this # 76 who is a jr and is starting to see some playing time is VERY GOOD. He plays with a mean streak and will step in nicely next season as the starter if not sooner.

Wagner was cocky and played CCSU tough but I think that is only because CCSU runs 95% ofd the game and were able to keep it close. I think this game will be tougher then the last two but I still think we win going away. No turnovers , don't give up the big pass play and beat them senseless up front over the course of 4 qtrs and we could be on our way. IT'S NOW A 4 GAME SEASON!!!!

You said it all...and I love McCarty as well. Glad to know we have him for two more.

One correction before your buddy kills ya'- GREEN BERET's ARE ARMY MEN BASED OUT OF FORT BRAGG, North Carolina-- They are our Special Forces (think Delta Force, which is the elite unit of the Green Beret's). There is a HUGE rivalry between Delta Force and the Rangers. Delta Force was not even known about until the 80's...and was our secret Guerilla warfare unit. They go to places...and particpate in things...we never ever hear about for the most part.

I think I'm heading out to the Wagner game. Anybody know whether they're planning on having an Alumni pre-game event? I haven't heard anything yet.

I think Wagner is decent, but the thing I like about UA which I haven't seen in some time is the ability to not play down to our opponents. In recent memory we had trouble with that. But the wins over Sacred Heart and St. Francis have shown me, if nothing else, that we can play consistently well no matter who the opponent is.

Our secondary has always been soft. We have trouble with high-low route coverages and there always seems to be an opening in our zone at about 15-20 yards over the middle.

I still think we are the best team in the league and should roll Wagner by at least two TD's.

We have a tough schedule the rest of the season, but we should be able to handle it.

You said it all...and I love McCarty as well. Glad to know we have him for two more.

One correction before your buddy kills ya'- GREEN BERET's ARE ARMY MEN-- They are our Special Forces (think Delta Force, which is the elite unit of the Green Beret's). There is a HUGE rivalry between Delta Force and the Rangers. Delta Force was not even known about until the 80's...and was our secret Guerilla warfare unit. They go to places...and particpate in things...we never ever hear about for the most part.

Yup, I have a very close family member who is a Delta Force commander.........or is he............we don't really know for sure, because he can't tell us. But he's definitly Army special forces and he definitly goes on week-long trips to unknown destinations in unmarked uniforms. :blink:

Well actually to be correct, he's only in whatever unit he's in for another 2 weeks and then he's "retiring" to a teaching position at West Point. The Army life.....I'm glad there are people in this country that want to do it.

One correction before your buddy kills ya'- GREEN BERET's ARE ARMY MEN-- They are our Special Forces (think Delta Force, which is the elite unit of the Green Beret's). There is a HUGE rivalry between Delta Force and the Rangers. Delta Force was not even known about until the 80's...and was our secret Guerilla warfare unit. They go to places...and particpate in things...we never ever hear about for the most part.

Yup, I have a very close family member who is a Delta Force commander.........or is he............we don't really know for sure, because he can't tell us. But he's definitly Army special forces and he definitly goes on week-long trips to unknown destinations in unmarked uniforms. :blink:

Well actually to be correct, he's only in whatever unit he's in for another 2 weeks and then he's "retiring" to a teaching position at West Point. The Army life.....I'm glad there are people in this country that want to do it.

I want to meet this person-- He's gotta be bad ass!!! My buddy was oh so close...but blew his shoulder out during the last portion (the all-out final war battle before you get your Green Beret tag).

BTW, as far as future...this is the kid I am starting love: http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.d...p;Q_SEASON=2007

At 6'2 265....and only a R-FR, you gotta think he may put on another 20 lbs. He was the second leading tackler this weekend. Kid can move...and play...and may be an NFL candidate by the time he is finished!

I stand corrected my bad. You are right Dane 96 and my friend would be quite annoyed with my absent mindness. In fact at this point he is a Ft. Bragg instructor and once told me he was assigned to bring back "prisoners" from far away places amongst other duties. For the most part he was very selective in what he told me.

Danefan there is a pre game party...speak with Don Ostrom. I am also thinking of making the trip because some of the "old timers" are heading out to the game.

PS anyone know where Sheehan is? He was MIA from Sat's game. BTW Fordie love this kid Anderson. Why the hell have they waited so long to play him? I think he got a sack in each of the last two games.

I stand corrected my bad. You are right Dane 96 and my friend would be quite annoyed with my absent mindness. In fact at this point he is a Ft. Bragg instructor and once told me he was assigned to bring back "prisoners" from far away places amongst other duties. For the most part he was very selective in what he told me.

Danefan there is a pre game party...speak with Don Ostrom. I am also thinking of making the trip because some of the "old timers" are heading out to the game.

Cool. I usually get an email from Don the week before the game, but I haven't heard from him yet.

I want to meet this person-- He's gotta be bad ass!!! My buddy was oh so close...but blew his shoulder out during the last portion (the all-out final war battle before you get your Green Beret tag).

BTW, as far as future...this is the kid I am starting love: http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.d...p;Q_SEASON=2007

At 6'2 265....and only a R-FR, you gotta think he may put on another 20 lbs. He was the second leading tackler this weekend. Kid can move...and play...and may be an NFL candidate by the time he is finished!

As the coach from St. Francis said in his post game remarks, Albany was a much better team and dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

I must say, however, for the first time in recent history, I'm more concerned about the play of the defense than the offense. We continue to get impressive play from the QB position. Esposito was 11 of 15 and at least 3 of the 4 incomplete passes were on target and dropped by our receivers. McCarty is and has been our best running back and with the efficient passing game, we now have a solid balanced attack. The defense on the other hand, while shutting down the running game of St. Francis, gave up 21 points and 318 total yards, 283 in the air, all at or near season highs for the Red Flash. We were also hit by the injury bug on Saturday, with #28 Kinsey (possible broken collar bone), #51 Simpson (neck), #26 Gannon (heel), and #75 Richards (ankle or knee) banged up. In addition, Sheehan remains out (torn MCL - he hopes to be back this week or next)) and Disch is not 100%.

I do think we have the depth to overcome these injuries against Wagner. I expect that we should be able to contain their running game and, as already pointed out, if we don't turn the ball over, put up enough points to prevail and move to 3 and 0 in conference play.

If Sheehans MCL is torn he is done! If Kinsey's collarbone is broke he is done! We can probably live w/o the rest. it appears that Anderson is filling in very well for Sheehan.

Torn MCL...not so much. I played with a tear in high school (FREAKING TURF)...and this year competed in snowboarding events (including aerials) after tearing the same MCL (again) in September. The surgeon I have (BU's director of sports med and one of the best) told me strengthening helps...and NFL players often play with a torn MCL.

That being said, he is a DE and does a crap load of cutting on that leg...so it depends on how quick his body heals.

If Sheehans MCL is torn he is done! If Kinsey's collarbone is broke he is done! We can probably live w/o the rest. it appears that Anderson is filling in very well for Sheehan.

I thought the same thing about a torn MCL. But unlike the ACL, Mark is being told that it is not necessarily a season ending injury. It was injured in the Stony Brook game. He will be fitted with a special brace and hopes to play. It is not certain that he will be able to play, but it is also not certain that he won't. Let's hope he is able to go... he is an excellent D lineman and while Anderson is more than capable, everyone knows the importance of having your D line rotation intact, i.e., Dungey, Volpe, Pandorf, Sheehan and Anderson. Kelly and Sparano will also be in the mix.

I don't know the status of Kinsey, but the word after the game was that it was likely a broken collar bone. He too has had an excellent season and will be missed. Let's hope that the XRays come back negative and he resumes playing this season.

. We were also hit by the injury bug on Saturday, with #28 Kinsey (possible broken collar bone), #51 Simpson (neck), #26 Gannon (heel), and #75 Richards (ankle or knee) banged up.

Were all these against St. Francis? If so what does this do to the argument that you get more injuries 'playing up'? It seems like we got more last week than in the whole OOC schedule, except for Disch (sprained before Montana?) and Fralicker (bruised back on Montan kickoff return)

. We were also hit by the injury bug on Saturday, with #28 Kinsey (possible broken collar bone), #51 Simpson (neck), #26 Gannon (heel), and #75 Richards (ankle or knee) banged up.

Were all these against St. Francis? If so what does this do to the argument that you get more injuries 'playing up'? It seems like we got more last week than in the whole OOC schedule, except for Disch (sprained before Montana?) and Fralicker (bruised back on Montan kickoff return)

Disch was injured in the Hofstra game, Fralicker in Montana, Sheehan against Stony Brook, Kinsey, Simpson, Richards and Gannon all in the St. Francis game, though hopefully the last three are not serious injuries.

Disch was injured in the Hofstra game, Fralicker in Montana, Sheehan against Stony Brook, Kinsey, Simpson, Richards and Gannon all in the St. Francis game, though hopefully the last three are not serious injuries.

Kinsey suffered a shoulder separation, not a broken collar bone, and figures to be out 2 weeks, more or less.

Archived