UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Anthony Raffa Highlight Video

While it's a side note, you can't really 'study' for the SAT. It measures reasoning and problem-solving based skills. The ACT is curriculum based, and therefore can be 'studied' for.

Either way, as with most situations, I would confidently guess that it's not simply a matter of 'he should have worked harder/studied harder' on the tests. Very often there are other factors involved.

He'll be a welcome addition to the '08-'09 class of Great Danes.

Scrabble, that was a lousy thing to say. You don't know what the situation might be regarding his status. I'm sure he'll love to see your post. Nice welcome. What's your motto, if you can't say something negative, don't say anything at all?

Welcome to the scrabble way of posting/thinking.

scrabble,

It's also a fact that Anthony has a learning disability. I can't remember exactly what it was but it's not that he didn't put the time in doing his school work and him not being eligible is not a matter of him being lazy. You really are something else.....ignorance is not an excuse for many of your stupid posts.

While it's a side note, you can't really 'study' for the SAT. It measures reasoning and problem-solving based skills. The ACT is curriculum based, and therefore can be 'studied' for.

Either way, as with most situations, I would confidently guess that it's not simply a matter of 'he should have worked harder/studied harder' on the tests. Very often there are other factors involved.

There are classes and study courses for the SAT. I understand what you mean that you can't really study for it but in a way you can prepare for it so that you will do better.

It's too bad he's not going to be there this year but it will give him another year to develop prior to playing at UA. I wish him the best this year and hope he makes the grade so he can join the team next year.

There are classes and study courses for the SAT. I understand what you mean that you can't really study for it but in a way you can prepare for it so that you will do better.

It's too bad he's not going to be there this year but it will give him another year to develop prior to playing at UA. I wish him the best this year and hope he makes the grade so he can join the team next year.

Not so much. I didnt do as well as I would have liked, and quite franky, it is why I ended up at Buffalo and then Albany (never actually made it to Buffalo...whole other story). If I got the grades I expected, i would have played baseball at Princeton. My SAT score was downright shocking and the baseball coach at Princeton couldn't get me past admissions (first of two times that school screwed me).

It proves nothing.

I graduated Albany with two Bachelor degrees (Communications and Poly Sci). I am 6 credits shy of my MPA from the Rockefeller College at Albany (left the program). I have a JD and am barred in NY, FL, MA, and the District of Columbia.

I took every study course...and it still didnt help. I think my POST-SAT life is proof-positive that scoring low on the SAT's doesn't exactly mean you're an idiot.

Raffa, if I remember correctly, has dyslexia.

Not so much. I didnt do as well as I would have liked, and quite franky, it is why I ended up at Buffalo and then Albany (never actually made it to Buffalo...whole other story). If I got the grades I expected, i would have played baseball at Princeton. My SAT score was downright shocking and the baseball coach at Princeton couldn't get me past admissions (first of two times that school screwed me).

It proves nothing.

I graduated Albany with two Bachelor degrees (Communications and Poly Sci). I am 6 credits shy of my MPA from the Rockefeller College at Albany (left the program). I have a JD and am barred in NY, FL, MA, and the District of Columbia.

I took every study course...and it still didnt help. I think my POST-SAT life is proof-positive that scoring low on the SAT's doesn't exactly mean you're an idiot.

I agree with Dane96. Those tests aren't always a good measure of anything, and they are tough to study for, even with prep. courses. I completely tanked the verbal on the SAT (780 on math, but well below 500 on verbal -- and I was under the influence of the previous night out in Albany when I took the LSAT!), yet ended up going to law school [not engineering school, etc.; and I also earned a F and D in college chemistry and math, respectively (the F in chemistry was on purpose -- I finished the 3-hour exam in 10 minutes and wrote at the bottom: "I don't think chemistry is for me.")] and graduated near the top of my law school class and law review. I've never been a fan of those standardized exams, and I know some law schools and graduate schools share that same view.

It proves nothing.

I think you misunderstood my post. I wasn't saying he or anyone else, including myself, who didn't do well on the SATs is an idiot. I just remember that I thought the courses I took really hleped me improve from my PSAT to my SAT. Just trying to make the point that you CAN prepare or study for the SATs. I guess the courses and prep items don't work for everyone.

I also did poorly on my SATs. I'm doing just fine now. I agree that there is no correlation between SAT and success in life.

Everyone has issues.

I'm just happy as hell that Anthony will be joining our team next year.

I'll be very excited to see him take the court.

Rock on Anthony!

Absolutely! There are a whole bunch of videos on Youtube of him playing ball. At least one of them features Raffa dunking on a fast break, if I recall correctly. For anyone who has some time, check out the videos -- they are worth it.

Archived