UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Aronhalt Watch

UAlbany has a lot to offer -- a solid metropolitan area and city, strong nationally ranked academic programs in more than several fields, and a chance to play solid minutes right away in a conference where he can showcase his talent so as to hopefully impress some pro scouts.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barring injury, I think many of you will be shocked how good this kid is going to be.

Also, give Billy Allen an assist on this one-- From what I understand, he hosted Logan and being from Ohio questioned why Logan would go to the boonies of Bowling Green and some other schools when he could get the best of many worlds at UA. Also, helps that both Billy and Logan's dad coached them...so I presume Billy's words/pitch were taken with a bit more meaning than just a general guy on the team.

Logan next Tourney in Italy is later this month

victorbasket.it

He will be playing with guys going pretty big, should be interesting how he does, heres 5 of the 9 man roster.

Buford 6' 4" McDonald's All American- Ohio State

Mullens 6'11" MaDonalds All American - Ohio State

Gates 6'8"- Cincinnati

Sullinger (soph) 6'7" commited to Ohio State

Rudolph - 6'6" football but will also play basketball - Notre Dame

• 4 weeks later...

Evidently Aronhalt is a 4.0 student...................................................

April 16, 2008

OHSBCA ACADEMIC ALL_OHIO

The Ohio High School Basketball Coaches Association is announcing its Academic All-Ohio Basketball Teams for the 2007-2008 school year. Ten Senior Boys and Ten Senior Girls each were selected for the four divisions.

This is the fifteenth year that the OHSBCA has honored All-Ohio Academic Teams. The players were selected for this honor based upon their academic excellence and contributions to their basketball teams.

Below are the boys and girls teams in each division with the Grade Point Average, Points Per Game, and the name of their coach who submitted the information.

Boys Division I Academic All-Ohio

Player School G.P.A. PPG Coach

Logan Aronhalt Zanesville H.S. 4.00 23.9 Scott Aronhalt

Ryne Smith Toledo Whitmer H.S. 4.00 18 Bruce Smith

Patrick Pellerite Olmsted Falls H.S. 3.73 21.6 Pat Donahue

Kyle Hancharick Lebanon H.S. 4.00 11.5 Pat Murphy

J.D. Elder Hoover H.S. 4.00 20.2 Randy Montgomery

Tommy Kuzniar Avon Lake H.S. 4.00 12.9 Eric Smith

Jordan Kimmey Tecumseh H.S. 4.00 17.7 Roger Culbertson

Nathan Dresbach Teays Valley H.S. 4.00 11.2 Doug Etzler

Alex Brandt Olentangy H.S. 3.93 15.1 Chris Kelly

Kenny Frease Perry H.S. 3.67 20.9 Rob Toth

On April 12th Aronhalt played in the 17th annual Ohio-Kentucky All Star game won by Ohio 113-87.

Logan started and played the most minutes (16). The teams had 15 members and the time was spread very evenly Logan's 16 min was high for Ohio and the least amount played was 10 min.

Logan was one of 6 players to score in double figures. He had 10 pts on 4/9 including 1/2 from 3.

The leading scorer for Ohio had 17.

Aronhalt is now playing in a major tourney in Italy with a couple of McDonald All Americans on his team. Should be interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
From Youtube. Link of highlights of Aronhalt, he looks very good - shoots the three, solid mid range and goes to the hoops with either hand and has some hops!!!!

Patch,

Awesome find...I could watch this clip 100 times and not get bored. Can't wait to see this kid in action.

Just imagine Logan and Timmy running on the wings with Raffa pushing the ball :D

From the AE site a poster from Michigan after telling D96 that a player on a list he posted won't be playing hoop at ND he'll just be playing football. The guy has no affiliation with the AE.

BTW Aronhalt is a great, great player. If his mental game is as good as his skills he will be a grat player for Albany. - bball2223

Article published Mar 20, 2008

Coaches' association names Aronhalt as Player of the Year

Staff Reports

COLUMBUS - Add a new award for Logan Aronhalt to the list - Ohio Division I Player of the Year.

The Ohio High School Basketball Coaches Association recently bestowed that honor upon the Zanesville High School senior - who led the Blue Devils to a 20-3 record, Southeastern Ohio Athletic League championship and wins over state champions Newark and Chillicothe.

Recent Division I Ohio winners have included Brett McKnight of Lancaster, Raymar Morgan from Canton McKinley, Columbus Brookhaven's Jamell Cornley, Matt Terwilliger of Troy and Lancaster's Kyle Greathouse.

The 6-4 Aronhalt averaged 24 points, six rebounds, two assists and two steals per game, shooting 89 percent at the line and 48 percent from the field. He has been picked to play in the Ohio North-South All-Star Game as well as the Ohio-Kentucky All-Star Game.

Aronhalt is a two-time Eastern District Player of the Year, last year winning it in Division II, and two-time Times Recorder Prime Time Player of the Year. He was also named District 12 Player of the Year and Southeastern Ohio Athletic League North Division Player of the Year. He was also recently named first-team All-Ohio Valley Athletic Conference.

He will play his college basketball at Division I University of Albany, N.Y. State University. The Great Danes, who compete in the America Mideast Conference, made back-to-back NCAA Tournament appearances in 2006 and 2007.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I researched the previous winners and they all seemed to have nice careers, three of them in the Big 10.

Brett McKnight - Freshman at Akron playing big minutes

Raymar Morgan - Soph at Michigan St. - leading scorer

Jamelle Cornley - Junior at Penn State - 2nd leading scorer

Matt Terwiggler - Senior at Ohio State - 16mpg

Kyle Greathouse - done playing at West Carolina

I'm confused about this award. I thought the High School Player of the Year was called "Mr. Basketball Ohio". How does this award differ from that? Here is a story on Buford, who won the award this year as the best high school player in Ohio.

http://bucknuts.com/news/story.php?article=3177

Article published Mar 20, 2008

Coaches' association names Aronhalt as Player of the Year

Staff Reports

COLUMBUS - Add a new award for Logan Aronhalt to the list - Ohio Division I Player of the Year.

The Ohio High School Basketball Coaches Association recently bestowed that honor upon the Zanesville High School senior - who led the Blue Devils to a 20-3 record, Southeastern Ohio Athletic League championship and wins over state champions Newark and Chillicothe.

Recent Division I Ohio winners have included Brett McKnight of Lancaster, Raymar Morgan from Canton McKinley, Columbus Brookhaven's Jamell Cornley, Matt Terwilliger of Troy and Lancaster's Kyle Greathouse.

The 6-4 Aronhalt averaged 24 points, six rebounds, two assists and two steals per game, shooting 89 percent at the line and 48 percent from the field. He has been picked to play in the Ohio North-South All-Star Game as well as the Ohio-Kentucky All-Star Game.

Aronhalt is a two-time Eastern District Player of the Year, last year winning it in Division II, and two-time Times Recorder Prime Time Player of the Year. He was also named District 12 Player of the Year and Southeastern Ohio Athletic League North Division Player of the Year. He was also recently named first-team All-Ohio Valley Athletic Conference.

He will play his college basketball at Division I University of Albany, N.Y. State University. The Great Danes, who compete in the America Mideast Conference, made back-to-back NCAA Tournament appearances in 2006 and 2007.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I researched the previous winners and they all seemed to have nice careers, three of them in the Big 10.

Brett McKnight - Freshman at Akron playing big minutes

Raymar Morgan - Soph at Michigan St. - leading scorer

Jamelle Cornley - Junior at Penn State - 2nd leading scorer

Matt Terwiggler - Senior at Ohio State - 16mpg

Kyle Greathouse - done playing at West Carolina

I'm confused about this award. I thought the High School Player of the Year was called "Mr. Basketball Ohio". How does this award differ from that? Here is a story on Buford, who won the award this year as the best high school player in Ohio.

http://bucknuts.com/news/story.php?article=3177

Gotta pay attention to details.

Buford won the DII POY. Aronholt DI POY. Those were Coaches selections.

Mr. Ohio is an AP selection.

Different awards.

Archived