UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

A poster on AGS says that Albany has dropped the New Hampshire game. Anybody hear any rumors of this or replacements?

OOC still left would be Delaware, Hofstra, UMass, and Fordham. One more game is allowed along with our seven league games.

This must be why we don't release the schedule until all the contracts are signed.

Manchester Union-Leader article now confirms we do play at UNH on September 20.

Great news.

Glad we're sticking to a tough out of conference schedule. We need to continue to make the case for a conference jump. 27 conference championships including two NEC titles... we deserve an upgrade.

A poster on AGS says that Albany has dropped the New Hampshire game. Anybody hear any rumors of this or replacements?

OOC still left would be Delaware, Hofstra, UMass, and Fordham. One more game is allowed along with our seven league games.

This must be why we don't release the schedule until all the contracts are signed.

So here is the 2008 schedule so far

Aug. 30 UMASS

Sept. 20 UNH

Sept. 27 Delaware

Delaware

http://www.udel.edu/sportsinfo/football/sked08.html

Boy that sounds like a rough OOC schedule although I am happy that they will be playing at Delaware (only game within easy distance of DC). It was great being at Delaware two years ago when the Danes pulled off the upset! I wish they would put Georgetown on the schedule (a patriot league opponent who we should under most circumstances beat). I know Stony Brook had a series with them. Or maybe Towson although that would be a tougher match up most years.

Wow we are not going to have many OOC home games this year. Fordham will probably be the only one.

Away

OOC: UMASS, UNH, UD, Hofstra. NEC: Sacred Heart, Robert Morris

Home

OOC: Fordham. NEC: St. Francis (PA), Wagner, Monmouth, CCSU

Add in Duquense, likely on the road. YIKES.

I think a REAL STRONG ooc schedule is the best thing for our team and program.

If we ever desire to upgrade in conferences, we won't get there playing candycanes...

Playing top FCS teams in our ooc schedule will prepare us for the post season... specifically when the NEC acquires an automatic bid into the FCS championship. ANYONE KNOW WHEN THE FCS WILL DECIDE ABOUT GIVING THE NEC AN AUTO BID?

Also, it would be nice to play some of the powerhouses at home, but not with facilities now, no way. When I want the top FCS teams to see our campus is when we have erected a beautiful state of the art stadium.

I do think a strong OOC schedule is good for our program.

That assumes we are still moving forward with upgrading the program to 63 rides and providing the funding necessary to compete for FCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS on an annual basis.

However, if for some reason (which I haven't heard) the administration has decided against moving forward, then playing one or two tough OOC games per year is great as a payday, but playing this many on the road in a row would be worthless.

I don't think that is the case though. I think this is an overt attempt to market ourselves for (1) at-large consideration and (2) new conference affiliation.

FYI - I'm 99% sure the vote will happen at the NCAA Board of Directors meeting on April 25, 2008 in Indianapolis.

Archived