UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ Siena

This game will ALWAYS be played, that's something we need to come to terms with. I would encourage people to contact Dr. McElroy and/or president of the University and insist that UA demand better terms. I'm not holding my breath though, a lot of the things surrounding this game are mismanaged.

- Seat equality, it's time to move the LCC fans out of their usual seats and take this game out of their season ticket packages. If UVM, NJIT and Cornell can get a home and home either we need a true home and home or a better seating arrangement.

- We have no one to blame but ourselves for this inequitable arrangement someone in administration needs to sack up and demand the same terms UVM got. A true home and home would be preferable. The terms shoved down our throat, primarily the $ienaty seats, no home court advantage is downright disrespectful. I just don't get why UA admins bend over like they do.

Cancel it! There is no doubt in my mind that if the games were true home and home we've had more then one win in the last 9 years. The games have been very very close especially the OT and 2OT games, home court would have made enough a difference to have 2 or 3 wins.

I'm not sure I understand what you are expressing. On the one hand you say, 'This game will ALWAYS be played ...' and in conclusion, if it remains downright disrespectful you say 'Cancel it!'

Two division one schools share one community. If UA's facility is not large enough to warrant a home/home arrangement, then the community has a venue perfectly suited to host an annual game. It should be an Albany annual event, not a Siena event. They can leave their Indian logo paint on the floor, but if everything else, including the distribution of seating and revenue, is not equitable - that gives them a home court advantage, and I for one am tired of giving away points before the clock even starts.

I never thought I'd say this because I enjoy the rivalry so much, but if we don't play each other for a while, the interest will remain high, and whenever we do meet again, perhaps the arrangement will be more mutually beneficial.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game will ALWAYS be played, that's something we need to come to terms with. I would encourage people to contact Dr. McElroy and/or president of the University and insist that UA demand better terms. I'm not holding my breath though, a lot of the things surrounding this game are mismanaged.

- Seat equality, it's time to move the LCC fans out of their usual seats and take this game out of their season ticket packages. If UVM, NJIT and Cornell can get a home and home either we need a true home and home or a better seating arrangement.

- We have no one to blame but ourselves for this inequitable arrangement someone in administration needs to sack up and demand the same terms UVM got. A true home and home would be preferable. The terms shoved down our throat, primarily the $ienaty seats, no home court advantage is downright disrespectful. I just don't get why UA admins bend over like they do.

Cancel it! There is no doubt in my mind that if the games were true home and home we've had more then one win in the last 9 years. The games have been very very close especially the OT and 2OT games, home court would have made enough a difference to have 2 or 3 wins.

I'm not sure I understand what you are expressing. On the one hand you say, 'This game will ALWAYS be played ...' and in conclusion, if it remains downright disrespectful you say 'Cancel it!'

Two division one schools share one community. If UA's facility is not large enough to warrant a home/home arrangement, then the community has a venue perfectly suited to host an annual game. It should be an Albany annual event, not a Siena event. They can leave their Indian logo paint on the floor, but if everything else, including the distribution of seating and revenue, is not equitable - that gives them a home court advantage, and I for one am tired of giving away points before the clock even starts.

I never thought I'd say this because I enjoy the rivalry so much, but if we don't play each other for a while, the interest will remain high, and whenever we do meet again, perhaps the arrangement will be more mutually beneficial.

Again I say, UA should not agree to the contract if they do not feel the arrangement is to their benefit. But, don't expect Siena to agree to something that is not beneficial to their program.

Your complaints should not be against Siena, they don't owe UA anything. They should be against whomever at UA who is charged with making the final decision whether or not to play this game. My guess is that from their perspective, the money they make off the game, the attention it generates locally and the fact that while it is a road game, there are no expenses related to travel incurred and it is another opportunity for the UA fan base to see the team locally outweighs the downsides to the game put forth out here. (Or at least they have thus far since the Rivalry was renewed.)

Personally, while I root for UA to do well, I would be pretty pissed at Siena's admin if they agreed to massive changes to the contract that put Siena, at all, at a disadvantage and helped UA in their efforts to improve their standing within the local market. Beyond the competion on the court, there is also a competition for fans, for advertising dollars and for local media attention. While there is room for two D1 teams in the area, there is a finite supply of fans, advertising dollars and media attention available ... sorry, but I want Siena to win both battles.

Your first response was fine. There is no such thing as a good $iena poster nor is there such thing as "best and most realistic" Siena poster

good to see bob87 is in midseason form.

Obviously your way of saying I call a spade a spade. I can't remember every being out of form. :rolleyes:

No no, I seem to remember agreeing with you about something, once. You had to be off your game that day.

Ha Ha.

Now I remember what Clack means by "best and most realistic" Siena poster

You got 1 right instead of the usual $iena fan record of ZERO.

Actually, I believe you were on your meds that day and freed from you irrational hatred of everything Green and Gold.

To what quack said, we shouldn't expect them give in it's up to UA and our decision makers to not give in with every contract. It's in Siena's best interest to keep the terms as is with minimal changes, let's face it, they aren't gonna help us build up our program.

UA needs to start throwing it's weight around if politics is truly in the picture here...we dwarf Siena and are much more important to the area, someone needs to grow a backbone or tell the TU and Jennings to go pound salt.

On the court performance against Siena has a lot to do with off the court leverage. The more we win, the more we add value to the matchup in terms of fan interest, ticket sales and ultimately $$$.

So as much as we gripe about contract terms, playing on the road, etc., the reality is Siena has the upper hand because they have been the better program over the last few years, based on wins, attendance, recruiting and any other metric of success you want to look at. I don't like that, but it's true.

Unless there is a major change in the status of the two programs, Siena will never agree to being the visiting team on its home court. My strong preference going forward is to have the series alternate between the TUC (Siena home game-they get all the $$) and SEFCU (UA home game-we get all the $$). Time Warner is televising the game this year, so that should continue (at least for UA home games, since SEFCU would certainly sell out).

The bottom line is a couple of more UA wins would really help make what is now a fun college hoop "event" into a true and equal "rivalry".

Your first response was fine. There is no such thing as a good $iena poster nor is there such thing as "best and most realistic" Siena poster

good to see bob87 is in midseason form.

Obviously your way of saying I call a spade a spade. I can't remember every being out of form. :rolleyes:

No no, I seem to remember agreeing with you about something, once. You had to be off your game that day.

Ha Ha.

Now I remember what Clack means by "best and most realistic" Siena poster

You got 1 right instead of the usual $iena fan record of ZERO.

Actually, I believe you were on your meds that day and freed from you irrational hatred of everything Green and Gold.

Thanks For proving my point that there is no such thing as a good $sienna poster . While I understand what Click clack is saying if you are the best they got, they got problems.

It is not green and gold I hate, it is $iena. I am a big football fan who despises Dallas and Oakland. I have nothing against the Packers, a class team who happens to wear green and gold.

Obviously you must ARROGANTLY mean $iena represents ALL green and Gold. But Arrogance is just one of the RATIONAL reasons why $iena and their fans are hated.

To what quack said, we shouldn't expect them give in it's up to UA and our decision makers to not give in with every contract. It's in Siena's best interest to keep the terms as is with minimal changes, let's face it, they aren't gonna help us build up our program.

UA needs to start throwing it's weight around if politics is truly in the picture here...we dwarf Siena and are much more important to the area, someone needs to grow a backbone or tell the TU and Jennings to go pound salt.

Click

I generally agree with you here that it is up to Albany to step up and " grow a backbone or tell the TU and Jennings to go pound salt." until a fair deal is made.

I am disappointed that they have not as I am disappointed that there is not yet a football stadium built. To me part of this is a communications problem at UA. Like we want to hear that progress is being made on the football stadium (and we never do) UA ought to be saying from the beginning that we would love to play LCC. We play them anytime anywhere, but we won't subsidize their program. Instead they just silently bow to whatever pressures there are that I am probably not even aware of and just sign bad deal after bad deal.

Hatred for LCC has been for among other reasons their actions show they arrogantly think there is no problem with the current situation of UA subsidizing their little community college.

Click

I generally agree with you here that it is up to Albany to step up and " grow a backbone or tell the TU and Jennings to go pound salt." until a fair deal is made.

I am disappointed that they have not as I am disappointed that there is not yet a football stadium built. To me part of this is a communications problem at UA. Like we want to hear that progress is being made on the football stadium (and we never do) UA ought to be saying from the beginning that we would love to play LCC. We play them anytime anywhere, but we won't subsidize their program. Instead they just silently bow to whatever pressures there are that I am probably not even aware of and just sign bad deal after bad deal.

Hatred got LCC has been for among other reasons their actions show they arrogantly think there is no problem with the current situation of UA subsidizing their little community college.

Then we MUST castigate our own administration while at the same time shaking our collective fist at Siena/TUC. Let's face it, if we had the upper hand they do, we wouldn't give it up without a fight either.

- Start winning some games

- Implore our administration to either demand a more fair deal or walk away. While I enjoy this game I'll survive without it. In years past I'd never imagine missing this game, this year I was as close as I've ever been seeing how the game is on TV. If nothing changes, I'm inclined to put my money where my mouth is and not attend from this point forward. Quack had it right in one sense, they don't owe us $iena! The question is why do we keep bending over for them. Are WE NOT much more powerful then them? When will someone grow a pair and say enough is enough, let Siena bring in someone else and get 6k in the building. Hell they had Butler and drew 8k...if they think they can fill the building with someone else, go for it.

Then we MUST castigate our own administration while at the same time shaking our collective fist at Siena/TUC. Let's face it, if we had the upper hand they do, we wouldn't give it up without a fight either.

- Implore our administration to either demand a more fair deal or walk away. While I enjoy this game I'll survive without it. In years past I'd never imagine missing this game, this year I was as close as I've ever been seeing how the game is on TV. If nothing changes, I'm inclined to put my money where my mouth is and not attend from this point forward. Quack had it right in one sense, they don't owe us $iena! The question is why do we keep bending over for them. Are WE NOT much more powerful then them? When will someone grow a pair and say enough is enough, let Siena bring in someone else and get 6k in the building. Hell they had Butler and drew 8k...if they think they can fill the building with someone else, go for it.

I understand what you are saying.

Trust me they know my opinion and I presume they know why I did not buy tickets to this years game.

I don't think they need to hear it again from me. I think they need to hear the same thing from others.

I am not is position to be demanding things.

I have nowhere near the money needed to build the football stadium. If I did , there would no longer be an unfair deal with sienna.

I have been saying for years, call them on it. end the series until fair. If LCC doesn't like it, see if they can convince another team to play EVERY year at their building and then see if they can reach 10,000 fans in any of those games.

Trust me they know my opinion and I presume they know why I did not buy tickets to this years game.

I don't think they need to hear it again from me. I think they need to hear the same thing from others.

I have nowhere near the money needed to build the football stadium. If I did , there would no longer be an unfair deal with sienna.

I have been saying for years, call them on it. end the series until fair. If LCC doesn't like it, see if they can convince another team to play EVERY year at their building and then see if they can reach 10,000 fans in any of those games.

Exactly. No game for a few years will result in diminished revenue and more bagged seats. The community will begin asking for the game again and the landscape will be completely different.

And you are very correct. Even in the early days, when we were both D3 they have always been way too arrogant.

. . . "giving away points before the clock even starts" is right---has anyone noticed how even in previous years where the game was ultimately close, we still had to climb back from a double-digit first-half deficit? We have to weather the first-half storm surge on Saturday.

You're right, Siena probably could not schedule another home game in our place with 10,000+ fans, but they could schedule another home game with anywhere from 5,000 to, let's say, 8,500 fans. So I think LCC would have no problem rejecting our demands, and I don't blame their AD for having done so (to the extent we even made such demands). Just looking at the issue objectively, guys ... .

You're right, Siena probably could not schedule another home game in our place with 10,000+ fans, but they could schedule another home game with anywhere from 5,000 to, let's say, 8,500 fans. So I think LCC would have no problem rejecting our demands, and I don't blame their AD for having done so (to the extent we even made such demands). Just looking at the issue objectively, guys ... .

Not EVERY year. There is absolutely no way they could replace the UA game. At best they would be able to do a HOME and HOME and get a good crowd every OTHER year. Last year they couldn't even schedule the last game they are allowed under the limit of games. In those years they would be down 2 games if they kept their arrogance.

Archived