UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

VERMONT

Doc

well that was embarrassing

Embarrassing? No...I don't think though. Uvm is no bingo or Unh. Extremely well coached and talented. Lonergan just gets it done. They lose blakely and just reload. Best coach in the AE.

To me it felt more like we lost this game than they won it. Our team has the talent, which we've all seen...but that talent just didn't come out to play tonight. :mellow:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well that was embarrassing

Embarrassing? No...I don't think though. Uvm is no bingo or Unh. Extremely well coached and talented. Lonergan just gets it done. They lose blakely and just reload. Best coach in the AE.

To me it felt more like we lost this game than they won it. Our team has the talent, which we've all seen...but that talent just didn't come out to play tonight. :mellow:

Felt different to me, UVM just tougher and more talented while we are a perimeter team. A team that plays tough man D will give us trouble. UVM is a bad match-up, they are strong on the perimeter D and strong inside. They got our shooters off kilter and we couldn't do anything inside.

We are a donut team as it is, when are guards are going we can beat anyone.

Truth be told my opinion is that we are a middle of the pack team this year, 4-7 place. To inconsistent on the perimeter and not enough inside to be truly balanced. Puk IMO has a great chance to be the answer down low but he is at least a year away from being a consistent threat, I don't see Luke ever being the force in the post. His ceiling is a Brent Wilson type player with perhaps a bit more inside.

The development of Puk is the key moving forward for this program.

My take is that you cannot ever say that "it felt more like we lost this game than they won it" when the only lead that you hold ALL game is 1-0.

I think it is time for all of us (regardless of affiliations or agendas) to come to the realization that the current state of the program is mediocrity.

My take is that you cannot ever say that "it felt more like we lost this game than they won it" when the only lead that you hold ALL game is 1-0.

I think it is time for all of us (regardless of affiliations or agendas) to come to the realization that the current state of the program is mediocrity.

Imo an upgrade from where we were this time last year. Program will have to take the next step next year. A finish around 14/15 would be a great step forward. 14 or 15 next year would he a huge problem.

Imo an upgrade from where we were this time last year. Program will have to take the next step next year. A finish around 14/15 would be a great step forward. 14 or 15 next year would he a huge problem.

We all wear our purple colored glasses and look for the glimmers of hope hidden deep within the inability to excel.

That said, I didn't think tonight's game was that unexpected or disappointing, and since I haven't posted after te recent three game winning steak, this will be all from me tonight.

I second this notion.

We can gripe about missed opportunities and how exactly we ended where we are (which is dependent upon how optimistic one is feeling at the moment), but none of that is gonna change squat. Although I myself would like to air out some of the personnel, I'm going to try my best to keep positive and revel in the fact that the team is still relevant, which isn't something we could say at this time last year. As long as there are still relevant games to be played I am going to try and keep my own negativity in check. Just my take.

Most people expected 12-15 wins (15 at best)...with a team loaded with Frosh and Sophs. You have a nice scorer coming in next year (Suero)...Watts is getting more impressive by the day (if he gets better on the defensive end...watch out)...and Puk's improvement like Clack said is the key. Metcalf will be what he is...Devlin is sort of being asked to do something he shouldnt be doing. Once Puk gets into mid-season year two...I expect him to clog that lane like Zo did.

3 more wins...and this team has met expectations for me. Watching that game last night, I thought of the young UVM team that just was a player, a rebound, a steal, a shot away from our first title bout with them (I think they finished around 14-16 that year). The progress they made from that year to the next...and the year after that was stellar. Same with us when we finished sub .500 and then ripped off our two championships. I liken this team to those teams.

The kids played hard...UVM just had a little more.

I like the post D96..agree with just about all of your thoughts.

"Watts is getting more impressive by the day (if he gets better on the defensive end...watch out)." I actually feel the opposite about this. I think he's probably our best perimeter defender right now..part of that is because of his size..but he also has a good ability right now to keep in front of the guy he's matching up with. Is he lock-down at this point?..certainly not..but I really like seeing him out there on defense. His offense has improved over the last half dozen games or so..but I'm excited to see how he'll develop over the next few years. Just eventually needs to get a bit more confident with his outside shot..and look to take it a bit more..he's usually got a few inches over his guard defenders. He's been able to penetrate the lane at least a few times a game..just needs to perfect that floater that he often puts up.

Most people expected 12-15 wins (15 at best)...with a team loaded with Frosh and Sophs. You have a nice scorer coming in next year (Suero)...Watts is getting more impressive by the day (if he gets better on the defensive end...watch out)...and Puk's improvement like Clack said is the key. Metcalf will be what he is...Devlin is sort of being asked to do something he shouldnt be doing. Once Puk gets into mid-season year two...I expect him to clog that lane like Zo did.

3 more wins...and this team has met expectations for me. Watching that game last night, I thought of the young UVM team that just was a player, a rebound, a steal, a shot away from our first title bout with them (I think they finished around 14-16 that year). The progress they made from that year to the next...and the year after that was stellar. Same with us when we finished sub .500 and then ripped off our two championships. I liken this team to those teams.

The kids played hard...UVM just had a little more.

I know I have the tendency to be overly critical and slightly melodramatic, but I will definitely admit that there is an athletic and intelligent basketball core that can be built on.

I also know that restoring the program to a state of national relevance is a time consuming process, but I am growing weary of the "slow creep" back to respectability and I want to see us take a great leap forward. Two AE titles notwithstanding, after ten years as a division one program, arguably the program's best out of conference win was against a .500 Utah team. My expectations are higher than that.

I get what haggy is saying, we had two great seasons and somehow the program came off the rails. You might expect it if there was a coaching change but there really is no explanation for why things went so horribly wrong. We are yet again rebuilding. I will say though that there at least appears to be light at the end of the tunnel. There is a good but young foundation here. An improvement of 6 or 7 games from last year would be a very strong step forward. 14 wins this year would be stellar from the disaster of last year 14 wins next year I would consider unacceptable. Most of us have been more than patient program finally moving in the right direction again, I expect to take the next step next year...meaning in a serious hunt for the AE crown and close to 20 wins.

I fear mediocrity more than losing!

BTW, like someone else mentioned, I really like how watts is coming along not flashy just solid right now, starting to gain a bit of confidence and a good defender with his length. He also somehow manages to get into the lane...I like him. He will be a nice piece now and moving forward.

Archived