UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Stadium: Architecture, Engineering, and Design AWARDED!

I wasn't sure if it deserved its own topic, but some of the other threads are getting very long, and I thought it was significant news, but the architecture, engineering, and design contract was approved on 1/19/2011, with Heery International (the same company that provided the conceptual design.)

You get the feeling that the stadium (and the rest of Project 2010 20??) deserves its own forum, but here is another milestone reached.

I am thinking about completing a FOIL request to order a copy of the contract (Freedom of Information Law), and I will post an update if I recieve a copy.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, based upon the fact that the design contract did not end up getting awarded until mid-January, adjusting their ambitious schedule might place "occupancy" into October of 2012.

As mentioned by others, we never have home games in September anyway, so let's get to hoping they can meet some of the other projections.

Also, with the design contract coming in at less than $1.5 million, we should have more money for building.

So, based upon the fact that the design contract did not end up getting awarded until mid-January, adjusting their ambitious schedule might place "occupancy" into October of 2012.

As mentioned by others, we never have home games in September anyway, so let's get to hoping they can meet some of the other projections.

There's probably enough slack in the schedule that a Sept. opening is still doable - construction contract award is in January 2012, but you know they can't start digging until March, or maybe April 1 if that's a meaningful budget-year date.

And we know we've got at least one September home game coming up in 2011.

And sadly, I am a Debbie Downer with Danefan as well.

I told you guys a long time ago, when McElroy was hired, that I was not fond of his previous record of building success based on his stops at American and Sac State...and those that knew him.

I will never get over, as well as other alumni, the way that we have been led on since 2002. There is quite a wedge between me and our administrators. At least i would have respected a balls out, "Hey...we can't do it we dont have the money" statement from them.

Honesty, is not exactly a priority with them.

Just in case anybody wondered about the specifics of the concept design contract, it had a start date of 1/29/08 and was for the original amount of $374,792.00.

I have updated the timeline above to include the concept contract information, and although I too wish the adminstrators would have much more vocal and public ownership of this project, I am encouraged that we have a $1.5 million contract encumbered for the design of the stadium, with a company that knows the site well.

And sadly, I am a Debbie Downer with Danefan as well.

I told you guys a long time ago, when McElroy was hired, that I was not fond of his previous record of building success based on his stops at American and Sac State...and those that knew him.

I will never get over, as well as other alumni, the way that we have been led on since 2002. There is quite a wedge between me and our administrators. At least i would have respected a balls out, "Hey...we can't do it we dont have the money" statement from them.

Honesty, is not exactly a priority with them.

If you ask me, there seems to be to much smoke for there to be no fire at this point. I wouldn't be shocked if Pres. Philip was the one running this project at this point.

Also, I'm surprised there isn't more excitement. This is what we've been asking for, proof that something is happening. Contracts are signed, proof of construction and design firm being selected etc.

I know people have been burned quite a bit but there is really something here. Color me excited!

Also, I'm surprised there isn't more excitement. This is what we've been asking for, proof that something is happening. Contracts are signed, proof of construction and design firm being selected etc.

I know people have been burned quite a bit but there is really something here. Color me excited!

for me it comes down to "fool me twice, shame on me"

I'm very excited about this news. I just want Albany to join its peers so bad I'm willing to get strung along yet again. I have no choice. It's not like I'm going to repeat my undergraduate years at Michigan, Cal or another state university. I'm tied to Albany for life. I've been waiting for 18 years, another year isn't going to kill me.

Considering how dysfunctional New York state is, I approve of the secrecy. I'd rather have the stadium than a lot of hoopla. Keep the TU out of this project. Announce the stadium when all the contracts are signed and there is no going back. Announce it outside of the budget process during the summer when the campus is empty. Its the only way in dysfunctional New York to get things done. The next AD needs to know New York and how to navigate the politics.

for me it comes down to "fool me twice, shame on me"

+1

Except for me it's fool for about the 10th time.

Archived