UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

america east tournament

UA'08

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we just need to learn how to win big games. Sour taste to the end of the season. In my opinion the turning point was 7 min left in the first half when we were up by 7 and had two possessions to try and extend the lead to 9 or 10. That would have been big. Plus I think we played right into the type of game that SB was looking for in the second half and it was that grind it out basketball.

Does anyone know what happened to Metcalf?

Tough loss, inexperience down the stretch cost us. Puk with the stupid foul with 4 on the clock 26' from the hoop, Logan not realizing that the clock didn't reset 30' from the hoop.

Sour taste, but a good overall season, better then most predicted, in fact much better with the 16 wins. WE HAVE A BRIGHT FUTURE!

By the way lets go uvm for the rest of the time they are in hartfotd.

Hopefully the tournament comes back to albany next year. We gotta learn to stop laying eggs in big games first MSG and now in the tourney.

Four underclassmen in the starting lineup, first two kids off the bench are freshmen. Today it really cost us down the stretch.

I understand they made some young mistakes but I thought Logan had a bad offensive and defensive game. SBU hitting 10-16 from 3 hurt. Too many time the perimeter defender would get sucked in and leave someone wide open from 3. I loved Timmy's game and energy today as well as Black. He had several drives that got a little wild but I thought he played a decent game. Definitely very disappointed with this loss. This is a team we could easily beat. Chris Martin played a hell of a game for SBU. He played like a wiley veteran.

One last thing about the young team. We seem to have been saying that since Lillis and Brent graduated. Time for this team to grow up next year and play like veterans.

I understand they made some young mistakes but I thought Logan had a bad offensive and defensive game. SBU hitting 10-16 from 3 hurt. Too many time the perimeter defender would get sucked in and leave someone wide open from 3. I loved Timmy's game and energy today as well as Black. He had several drives that got a little wild but I thought he played a decent game. Definitely very disappointed with this loss. This is a team we could easily beat. Chris Martin played a hell of a game for SBU. He played like a wiley veteran.

One last thing about the young team. We seem to have been saying that since Lillis and Brent graduated. Time for this team to grow up next year and play like veterans.

Most of this starting lineup will have a lot of minutes under their belt. The "young" excuse if you will (even though it's true) just expired.

Did anyone say why Metcalf was out the whole second half? Was he injured or something?

What are they going to do with Brown next year contract wise? I don't know how much impact a lame duck coach has for recruiting, but if they are going to keep him which 99.9% chance they are, they need to extend him one year to 2012-2013.

Did anyone say why Metcalf was out the whole second half? Was he injured or something?

What are they going to do with Brown next year contract wise? I don't know how much impact a lame duck coach has for recruiting, but if they are going to keep him which 99.9% chance they are, they need to extend him one year to 2012-2013.

Yeah, it's a weird contract situation. He has clearly shown major improvement this season but I don't know how he goes into the season with one year on his contract.

As much as I give him major props for this season, I don't know if they will extend him right now. Last year was just that bad.

Archived