UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs Siena

Clck no excuses just some hard core facts.

I am upset too!!!! terrible, terrible loss

But if we held them to 56 or 58 points we still would have walked away with an ugly, ugly win.

When you play $hitty "D" everyone sees it when you play good "D" and they bank two threes don't blame the "D".

I just hope Luke can bounce back this season and Puk can contribute on the defensive end.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of you guys have to come off the ledge before you kill yourself.

First Off Siena scored 64pt including 6 pts off banked threes. (Defensively 58pts is adequate to win even this game actually 56 if there is no Flagarant on Black).

Siena gets a flagarant "T" called on Mike Black when we have the ball in our offensive end and he's gaetting hacked (2 points and possession to Siena)

UA went to the Free throw line 5 that's right 5 times

Coming into this game UA gets to the FT line avg 25 FT attempts a game. It wasn't like we didn't get hit a little.

UA gives up a big first half lead ( partially because of two banked threes)

We came out and started the second half getting 4 layups in its 1st 5 possessions and comes away with no baskets and zero FTs.

Like it or not we have to live with some of Suero's shortcomings he just learning the game. he's just a raw talent right now.

It's also evident that Puk and Devlin aren't near 100% ready to play. I really feel for Luke with out them we have only 1 guy bigger then 6'5"

Extremely disappointing loss, a terrible loss but our real weakness was exposed - we got killed by not being able to body up on Walters and OD and they overpowered us on the glass

This is a game we should have won - lets see what happens from here.

And other people need to admit to why they are so blindly allegiant.

Patch, do you have a vested stake in UA basketball? Because if you do, it is disingenuous to not admit it now. If you don't, then you should explain why you are so passionately defending such a bad loss.

THIS WAS TERRIBLE (I AM GOING TO CHANNEL MY BEST DANE96 AND USE CAPITAL LETTERS TO PROVE A LOSING POINT.)

Up by 20; lose by 4, you do not deserve fanbase approval. You deserve punishment.

You all know where to find me.

That flagrant was absolute BS though...Santillo tweeted that it happened right in front of him and that there was nothing there. UA had the ball and they got two FT's and the ball out of it.

It certainly is an argument against instant replay. They took the original bad call, watched the monitor and made it worse. Unbelievable. But not the reason we let a $iena team hang around.(before losing to them)

First Off Siena scored 64pt including 6 pts off banked threes. (Defensively 58pts is adequate to win even this game actually 56 if there is no Flagarant on Black).

Siena gets a flagarant "T" called on Mike Black when we have the ball in our offensive end and he's gaetting hacked (2 points and possession to Siena)

Coming into this game UA gets to the FT line avg 25 FT attempts a game. It wasn't like we didn't get hit a little.

We came out and started the second half getting 4 layups in its 1st 5 possessions and comes away with no baskets and zero FTs.

Like it or not we have to live with some of Suero's shortcomings he just learning the game. he's just a raw talent right now.

It's also evident that Puk and Devlin aren't near 100% ready to play. I really feel for Luke with out them we have only 1 guy bigger then 6'5"

Extremely disappointing loss, a terrible loss but our real weakness was exposed - we got killed by not being able to body up on Walters and OD and they overpowered us on the glass

Patch, do you have a vested stake in UA basketball? Because if you do, it is disingenuous to not admit it now. If you don't, then you should explain why you are so passionately defending such a bad loss.

THIS WAS TERRIBLE (I AM GOING TO CHANNEL MY BEST DANE96 AND USE CAPITAL LETTERS TO PROVE A LOSING POINT.)

Up by 20; lose by 4, you do not deserve fanbase approval. You deserve punishment.

I'm sorry but an equally bad performance by Coach Brown in the presser, listen...I've been killed for a long while on TU blogs and other places for sticking up for Brown but after a coaching job like that...YOU STAND UP AND LOOK STRAIGHT INTO THE CAMERA and admit you got your ass handed to you. Stop fiddling with papers, stop commenting three times on the banked 3's...just stop it...up 19, any and all excuses should go out the window.

Maybe should have been celebrating a bit less up 19...they should be on campus running sprints right now Brown should put his shorts on and join them. The game has and will continue to be FORTY MINUTES!

Tough to watch the last 25 minutes. Siena looked like they wanted it more...played harder, contested every shot we took in the 2d half. No reason to hit the panic button, with some winnable games coming up, and conference games not starting for a couple of weeks, but this loss revealed a lack of toughness, that is always a cause for concern.

We never attacked the Siena press. Siena was not turning us over much, but we wasted 10-15 seconds each possession breaking the press without gaining an advantage or getting any easy baskets. We also stopped pressing, which allowed Siena to comfortably work the ball inside on almost every possession. Time to hit the delete button and move on with the season.

s a final thought, this game really should be played on a Saturday night. The TUC had almost no energy at the opening tip. Announced attendance was a joke. Maybe 6500 bodies in the building. Many empty lower bowl seats (including the UA sections which our ticket office claimed were "sold out" last week).

Tough to watch the last 25 minutes. Siena looked like they wanted it more...played harder, contested every shot we took in the 2d half. No reason to hit the panic button, with some winnable games coming up, and conference games not starting for a couple of weeks, but this loss revealed a lack of toughness, that is always a cause for concern.

We never attacked the Siena press. Siena was not turning us over much, but we wasted 10-15 seconds each possession breaking the press without gaining an advantage or getting any easy baskets. We also stopped pressing, which allowed Siena to comfortably work the ball inside on almost every possession. Time to hit the delete button and move on with the season.

s a final thought, this game really should be played on a Saturday night. The TUC had almost no energy at the opening tip. Announced attendance was a joke. Maybe 6500 bodies in the building. Many empty lower bowl seats (including the UA sections which our ticket office claimed were "sold out" last week).

Game will be on Saturday next year...easily the worst attended game...barely got to 8K but honestly I don't know if that many was there. Large area's with no fans in them, you could go sit where you wanted to in the corners of the lower bowl.

What a freaking absolute ABBORTION... Hey at least we have that Utah win right? First coach to utter an excuse should be fired on the spot... Where were the adjustments, why didn't we run two people at Anosike... No half adjustment even though it was obvious in the first half that the momentum shifted... I have a lot on my mind as to the future of this program... Spinning our wheels in mediocrity is no place to move forward... Need to think long and hard what to do and what direction to go. It's not just this loss but we consistently over the years fall asleep or get outcoached in the second half...

could not agree more - what an embarrassing and demoralizing victory against a short-handed, beaten and exhausted squad. I will give the Siena team absolute credit for fighting, clawing and outplaying/outcoaching the Danes. But seriously, you spit up a 19 point lead just like that?? you go away from what got you to that point?? you play the game the way your opponent wants you to play? you let a 5'8" freshman light you up and wait until haftime to make adjustments(after he has kept them in the game)?? you do nothing to shut down Anosike?? how bout if we had a big man that could actually be taken seriously?? you can do nothing to get Suero into the groove in the game?? this is why this program can't be taken seriously. We can NEVER play a good program with a good team competitively(anybody see what Vermont and BU does in those games - they win occasionally, or at least, play a tight game - we get BLOWN OUT in all those games); then tonight we had an opportunity to beat a nice program with a team that clearly was struggling - and what do we do??? throw up like freshmen all over our new sneakers. I honestly have seen no progress in this program for some time now. If we are all satisfied with being a second tier America East school then let's keep status quo. For those of us who would like a little more, I hate to say it, but it's time for change.

Normally agree...but in this instance, there were absolutely no in-game adjustments other than getting a guy on Hymes. I was just shocked at what I saw on the defensive end in the 2nd half. Yes, 6 pts on lucky banks...and even the throw up by Walter (or Ansokie...don't remember) with no time on the shot clock in the lane. And heck, I will even give the flagrant (that was not a flagrant foul...and even the Siena announcers were not happy that you have to go to a TV monitor to make such a call). But that is no excuse for giving up a 19 pt lead...even in a rivalry game.

That said, we will live by the Suero/Aronholt sword...and die by it. Both couldn't play defense if their life depended on it and it now doubt put pressure on the guys down low. But to give up 17 Offensive rebounds is inexcusable.

I will say this...I thought the fouls were deplorable; or the lack thereof called on Suero drives.

All in all...its just a game...and it won't hurt our seeding...it wont hurt our attendance...and it wont hurt our conference prospects.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE...is giving up big leads is becoming a problem. Forgetting some defensive adjustments that arguably could/should/maybe should have been made (and I agree that not having a Puk and Devlin at 100% hurt us in this game)...my real issue was the guys looked like they were in slow motion in the 2nd half. With a week of rest...you should not be getting beat for loose balls and nearly every offensive (defensive from our end board). It is up to the coaching staff to find a way to light a fire under these guys...and right now...having a big lead is not a plus for us.

Look...if they use this as a teaching tool...and the guys respond...it's all forgotten. But I think it hurts more because of the rivalry...and whether the team/school/or the coaching staff like or admit it...it IS A RIVALRY GAME TO MANY OF US.

Let's turn the page...and make something out of this loss. But my g-d do we need production from Luke and Puk...ASAP!!!!

Just read the post on Unranked AE and it probably says what I thought about this game a lot better than I could have.

I like this team and I like Coach Brown but the Siena coaching staff, Anosike and Hymes ate our lunch tonight.They were smarter and tougher. I'm not sure at what point we stopped attacking and started passing the ball around the perimeter for 25 seconds. That was exactly the way Siena needed us to play to win this game and we obliged.

Agreed, honestly I'm fuming how badly we folded starting really at the end of the first half. This is a troubling trend, Navy comes to mind this season.

I'm embarrassed...in years past when they had Moore, Franklin, Ubiles, Kenny we were the dog because they had a ton more talent...With the exception of OD and Hymes none of those kids over there would start at UA but yet they took it to us.

Hymes wouldn't start for Siena if it weren't for injuries. Two of their bigs are ineligible. And they took it to us.

While he may not have started...he should be starting; that kid is quite a player...fearless.

Haggy...go Bing yourself.

Dane Pound...you can ban me now.

Haggy...I will be at the Big Purple Growl. You and your weirdness can talk $iena to my face.

Archived