UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

We could very well be looking at a schedule like this in 2013 and 2014.

vs. Ivy OOC (Stadium Opener)

@ Patriot OOC

vs. NEC OOC

vs. Maine

@ UNH

vs. Stony Brook

@ URI

@ Villanova

vs. Towson

@ Delaware, Richmond, W&M, JMU, Elon/Coastal

vs. Delaware, Richmond, W&M, JMU, Elon/Coastal

2014:

@ FBS (Syracuse, UConn, Army...?????)

vs. Patriot OOC

@ Ivy OOC

@ Maine

vs. UNH

@ Stony Brook

vs URI

vs Villanova

@ Towson

vs Delaware, Richmond, W&M, JMU, Elon/Coastal

How can you not get excited about this!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some notes on the CAA:

Since the CAA began play as a football conference in 2007, a member team has played in the FCS Championship game four times, with Delaware making it in 2007 and 2010 and Richmond and Villanova winning it in 2008 and 2009, respectively. In 2007, the CAA set records with 15 national player of the week honorees and by sending five teams to the national championship playoffs.

The very next season, in 2008, they broke that record with 19 national player of the week honorees and tied their own record by again sending five teams to the national championship playoffs for the second straight year. At the end of the 2008 season, the CAA had six Top 25 teams with four placing in the Top Ten. Players from the CAA received 78 All-America honors.

In the opening weekend of the 2009 season, CAA teams defeated three Division I FBS teams. William & Mary and Richmond took down teams from the ACC (one of the six conferences whose champions receive automatic Bowl Championship Series berths), respectively Virginia and Duke, while Villanova defeated Temple from the MAC. The following weekend saw New Hampshire defeat another MAC team, Ball State (which had gone through the previous regular season unbeaten, but ended 2009 2–10). All four of the CAA teams to defeat FBS teams qualified for the 2009 FCS playoffs and won their first-round games; Villanova and William & Mary reached the semifinals, and Villanova won the FCS championship.

Can we expect an announcement this week?

This is huge news for UA. I certainly believe everyone saying this is a done deal but in my mind it's not 100% until it's in an official press release. I can then rest easy and dream of watching Delaware in our stadium or UA at Michie Stadium (Army). My brother is a West Point graduate so Army would be great.

Can we expect an announcement this week?

This is huge news for UA. I certainly believe everyone saying this is a done deal but in my mind it's not 100% until it's in an official press release. I can then rest easy and dream of watching Delaware in our stadium or UA at Michie Stadium (Army). My brother is a West Point graduate so Army would be great.

No clue on the timing, but there are some major events coming up:

July 24, 2012 - College of Charleston Board of Trustees Meeting (Special Meeting on Conference Affiliation) - http://news.cofc.edu/2012/07/20/bot-committee-meetings/

July 25, 2012 - CAA Football Media - 10am-12pm - Live feed here: http://www.caasports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8500&KEY=&SPID=4660&SPSID=48484

I would guess an announcement may come shortly after the completion of both of those events.

Coach Ford told the football alums at their golf tournament Saturday.

SBU is also getting an invitation. I assume they will take it.

Coach also said URI would be staying in the CAA. I think with UA, SBU added to the other northern schools,

the travel budget became much more reasonable.

If someone was at the golf tournament and heard Ford say that, then that's confirmation in itself.

Of course that is if he said we were offered and have already accepted.

Anyone here actually attend and what was his statement exactly?

We could very well be looking at a schedule like this in 2013 and 2014.

vs. Ivy OOC (Stadium Opener)

@ Patriot OOC

vs. NEC OOC

vs. Maine

@ UNH

vs. Stony Brook

@ URI

@ Villanova

vs. Towson

vs. Delaware, Richmond, W&M, JMU, Elon/Coastal

2014:

@ FBS (Syracuse, UConn, Army...?????)

vs. Patriot OOC

@ Ivy OOC

@ Maine

vs. UNH

@ Stony Brook

vs URI

vs Villanova

@ Towson

How can you not get excited about this!

I'm super excited about that!!!! Big time it is!

Spoke to an assistant FB coach at ATSP tonight, he said that while they're still talking, it's looking good.

"Still talking"? So it isn't confirmed yet? It scares me a bit because I don't want to jinx this. Negotiations can fall through. I've been waiting for this jump for almost 20 years.

"Still talking"? So it isn't confirmed yet? It scares me a bit because I don't want to jinx this. Negotiations can fall through. I've been waiting for this jump for almost 20 years.

I feel the same way. Really looking for an official word.

IMO, it makes perfect sense for the CAA to extend invites to us and SBU.

And with Yeager @ the sbu campus recently, everything would make sense.

I would have more doubt in whether our university would want/approve us going

to the CAA... and the impact of addl schollies for women.

Who at our university would be granting approval to move to the CAA?

Edited by uofalbany

Well, we don't have a president :angry2:

Probably the provost. Didn't seem to take much when golf moved to the MAAC. Football, needing larger subsidies from university funds, probably has to show that the budget and Title IX issues can be worked out, but otherwise it's mainly an internal athletic department problem.

Changing conferences in one sport isn't on the same magnitude as, say, moving from D-III to D-I.

Edited by UAalum72

Well, we don't have a president :angry2:

Probably the provost. Didn't seem to take much when golf moved to the MAAC. Football, needing larger subsidies from university funds, probably has to show that the budget and Title IX issues can be worked out, but otherwise it's mainly an internal athletic department problem.

Changing conferences in one sport isn't on the same magnitude as, say, moving from D-III to D-I.

Philip still has decision-making authority until a new President is hired, doesn't he?

I thought he agreed to stay on until then.