UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ LCC 12/13 ( not the day whiny patsos wanted)

What if a 2 for 1 was offered? Would UA take that?

Considering the last 14 were at LCC a 3 year contract with 2 at Albany and 1 at LCC would be a good start:) but I would be shocked if arrogant low major LCC would go there :)

People on their board were saying it should be a 3 or 4 for 1. Arrogance.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once a year is enough for me. Also, to be fair, Siena pay day for the UA game is not really $200K. More like $80K which reflects the difference between a non Conference home game vs another team (5-6000 in attendance) and 11000 for UA minus tickets given to UA and additional cash payment. Still a great boost for them but not $200K

Once a year is enough for me. Also, to be fair, Siena pay day for the UA game is not really $200K. More like $80K which reflects the difference between a non Conference home game vs another team (5-6000 in attendance) and 11000 for UA minus tickets given to UA and additional cash payment. Still a great boost for them but not $200K

Once a year is enough for me as well , but you are vastly understated the $ impact to LCC in forgetting there is NO ONE that would agree to play at LCC without a return game. They lose our game and the NCAA doesn't increase the amount of games a team can play, they are 1 lower home game and all the lower revenue that entails either year 1 or year 2 :) Also when I used to go to this game it was a premium game with ticket prices of at least $3 - $ 5 higher than their typical game against lowly maac opponents. That alone covers the reported $18K payment to Albany

Edited by bob87

Anyone know much money UAlbany would take in were it to host Siena and sell out the SEFCU? It may be in the final analysis that the annual payout for playing the game at the TUC each year (as we have been) under the next contract exceeds the value of the proceeds from a game hosted at SEFCU once every two years.

Lets say the game is played at SEFU, sells out, no free or reduced tickets for students, and they charge $20 per ticket (which is more than they charge now - $18 for chairback and $3-$12 for non chairback), and do not include the game in season ticket packages (for max revenue) I am not suggesting they do this, I am only trying to look at best case scenario for $$$

4,500 seating capacity X $20 = $90,000 in ticket revenue

Add to that any sponsorship dollars, TV revenue, concessions, etc. I would say that $150k wouldn't be out of the question.

I am not sure how many season ticket holders there are - but with some more realistic math:

• Lets say there are 1500 season ticket holders, and the game DOES count for part of the season ticket pass
  • The game sells out
  • They give Siena 500 tickets for students/donors/to sell
  • They increase the ticket price as a 'premium event'
  • They sell 500 'premium seats' at $30 each = $15,000
  • They sell 500 'Good Seats' at $20 each = $10,000
  • They sell 1000 'Cheap Seats' at $10 = $10,000
  • They give away 500 seats to Students = $0.00
  • This is $35,000 in ticket revenue plus whatever amortization of season ticket holders you want to apply to the revenue
  • They give $iena a 50/50 split of the non-season ticket gate revenue on top of the 500 tickets $17,500
  • With TV, sponsorship, advertising, naming rights etc. You add another $50k to the revenue (not a stretch because of the profile, and may be an underestimate)

Siena gets basically the same money UAlbany gets when the game is played at TUC

UAlbany makes around $75,000 (not to mention any potential parking revenue)

What is getting a home game that sells out and adds profile to your home court and capital region presence worth?

If you look at it that way - I think Siena needs to PONY up at least $75,000 minimum to keep it at TUC every year, or make it a home and home. Anything less than that equals UA walks away from the game. End of story.

Edited by godanesgo99

Cole, the Siena kid that tweeter earlier this year that UA was afraid to play them and that they would take us on anywhere and almost guaranteed a win; who then went out and promptly lost to UA (again) has been suspended from LCC.

Good job! Well done! LOL

Their turn to finish with four guys on the court this year lol