UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

New College

Michigan_Dane

Spoke to Pres. Jones at WBB today. He said he wasn't sure exactly where this building would be built (!) but that we'd been trying to get 35 acres from the Harriman Campus for years. A plot that big would have to be INSIDE the campus ring road, so we'd have to add some kind of pedestrian bridge to connect to the UA campus.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Office of Facilities Management map of "Notable Campus Projects" apparently shows the area acquired for the Cybersecurity school. As suspected, inside the Harriman ring and will require some kind of overpass just for pedestrians, and no convenient auto access direct to the main campus either. Even connecting the U Perimeter road thru the State Police parking lot means crossing three lanes of traffic,exiting to the inner loop, and crossing three more lanes to wherever they put the driveway.

cybersecurity.png

I don't understand why they can't just build a entrance/exit as seen in this edited version of the photo I just did. Not rocket science and can't possibly be an issue with traffic flow, etc. How many cars are going to go through there? Then you just use the existing loops to change sides/direction, etc. Seems like an absolute no brainer to me. But I only build cities in the virtual world (Sim City and Cities: Skylines - which are pretty nifty in their AI of traffic/infrastructure lol).

121q107.png

Edited by Eli

I worked at the Harriman Campus for a number of years and Eli's idea seems very sensible. So they probably won't do it. The campus can be confusing at first for some people, but it's really simple to navigate.

• Like 2

I worked at the Harriman Campus for a number of years and Eli's idea seems very sensible. So they probably won't do it. The campus can be confusing at first for some people, but it's really simple to navigate.

The limited access may be part of the security plan. (LOL)

Heyooo!

• 4 weeks later...