UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I have a very strong dislike for the selection committee. I really don't understand why they seem to always put UA in a tough spot come tourney time. Is it because we are in the America East? Is it because we are a newer program on the national lacrosse scene? You would think that they would want to have a program like UA win to grow the game. Did Marr say something in the past to piss them off? I just don't get it.

And they didn't seem to care about the travel when they sent us to Denver a few years back.

It's the America east, especially adding another conference game with Lowell hurts the SOS

I have a very strong dislike for the selection committee. I really don't understand why they seem to always put UA in a tough spot come tourney time. Is it because we are in the America East? Is it because we are a newer program on the national lacrosse scene? You would think that they would want to have a program like UA win to grow the game. Did Marr say something in the past to piss them off? I just don't get it.

And they didn't seem to care about the travel when they sent us to Denver a few years back.

You are 100% right. I do not know why either, but the committee most definitely has demonstrated a consistent dislike for UA????????? How does Marquette go from a 19 seed to a 7, just by winning a couple of games. Selection show announcers mentioned this a number of times. Speaking of being a newer program, Marquette has only had lacrosse for 5 years. I know their last 2 wins were in a their tournament, but I for one feel the regular season and consistency are more of a representation of a teams ability; than a one and done tournament which based on the results across the country this year show anything can happen. Obviously the ncaa is a lot smarter than me and thinks differently.

You are 100% right. I do not know why either, but the committee most definitely has demonstrated a consistent dislike for UA????????? How does Marquette go from a 19 seed to a 7, just by winning a couple of games. Selection show announcers mentioned this a number of times. Speaking of being a newer program, Marquette has only had lacrosse for 5 years. I know their last 2 wins were in a their tournament, but I for one feel the regular season and consistency are more of a representation of a teams ability; than a one and done tournament which based on the results across the country this year show anything can happen. Obviously the ncaa is a lot smarter than me and thinks differently.

The committee...

The five-man committee (which included Fairfield AD Gene Doris, Bucknell AD John Hardt, Brown AD Jack Hayes, Marquette coach Joe Amplo and Furman coach Richie Meade) wrapped up its business around 4 p.m. Sunday, but not without extensively dissecting the 18-team field.

The committee...

The five-man committee (which included Fairfield AD Gene Doris, Bucknell AD John Hardt, Brown AD Jack Hayes, Marquette coach Joe Amplo and Furman coach Richie Meade) wrapped up its business around 4 p.m. Sunday, but not without extensively dissecting the 18-team field.

Seriously, who is really on the committee and does it change each year?

I think Marquette certainly had a good case for a home game..but a bit surprising they ended up two spots higher than Cuse. Seems pretty odd that both an AD and a head coach of tournament teams make up 40% of the selection committee.

Does the committee change every year or are these the guys who are on it every year?

UA got dissed, again, because the fact is we blew it...we had a top 4 seed all but locked up and we lose to a much inferior team in an inferior league...I think that is it case closed..it sucks for sure but in this case, it was OUR screw up not the committee...

Unfortunately it's another example of the America East Conference being an inferior conference. It hurts us in Lacrosse and it hurts us in basketball If we want better outcomes when it comes to the NCAA's we need to seriously up our programs and move into the CAA as a full fledged member.

Unfortunately it's another example of the America East Conference being an inferior conference. It hurts us in Lacrosse and it hurts us in basketball If we want better outcomes when it comes to the NCAA's we need to seriously up our programs and move into the CAA as a full fledged member.

How many teams from the CAA made the lacrosse tournament this year?

The fact is the CAA is a better conference in all sports. AE is a single team conference in every sport with the exception of this year because both UA and SB crapped the bed. Towson, Hofstra Drexel, UMass. Wins against teams like that would help us more year to year as opposed to the teams in the AE.