UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Check the UA sports website for the new bag policy, which also covers the chair back policy. No seat cushions of any kind. Yes, when talking to the Asst AD my BS detector was pinging, but I tried to be polite. Not sure why but I did. Was enjoying the groveling. Sort of like to do a FOIL to see the official stadium security docs for the first three years. Then we'd know. The idea that we'd throw seats is ridiculous. And if that is a safety concern why did it not matter in the years before the rental seats came out? Yeah.....its not over.

You opened a can of worms, sir. Hahah...this was literally posted 9 minutes ago on the AD's Facebook:

2cqi2s0.jpg

What's even better is the athletic department legit just copied the images straight from the NFL website.

http://www.nfl.com/qs/allclear/index.jsp

That's the key that this was not a planned policy change but a scramble to fix their seat issue. I just can't believe they swung such the wrong way.

Yup. Honestly, the whole thing is disturbing because all they had to do is "Mea Culpa" themselves. Instead, they come up with a "new policy" change. These are the times when I think our department is run by a fundraiser / promotions guy, which is fine in some instances, rather than an actual administrator. A real leader would have said, "Sorry folks...we screwed up...let me make that better...and I've slapped my team on the wrists for their mistake."

Instead, they are going with the old, "lets make a policy" game.

Joke.

Email we all got from athletics.. the FAQ is also stolen from the NFL policy website.

Do they think fans are this dumb...

Apparently, why yes...yes they do think we are dumb. Silly leaders...we are not dumb.

School just lost a whole lot of good will.

Edited by Dane96

My goodness, you just can't let anything go that I post on here.

You can bring bags into Yankee stadium, MSG, and Barclays center. NFL has their own uniform stadium bag policy as expected because the NFL is dumb.

Restricted bags. Hell, my backpack can't be brought in any of those arenas/stadiums. And it is "normal" sized. A 16X16 bag is basically a purse or an over the shoulder mini briefcase (soft). A kids backpack would be generally too large.

And the NFL is soooooo dumb. Forgot about that terrorism thing.

And you are letting the terrorists win by living in fear of people carrying around a bag. I understand the big back packs, but there is no reason why a drawstring bag should be banned or a woman's standard handbag/purse.

I will stand by my statement that the NFL is dumb, but that's for another day.

You know you've royally screwed the pooch when MsGDG is making posts with a hint of anger. Usually we're told to suck it up! :P (we all appreciate your side of the coin, MsGDG even if we don't want too :) ).

Edited by Eli

You know you've royally screwed the pooch when MsGDG is making posts with a hint of anger. Usually we're told to suck it up! :P (we all appreciate your side of the coin, MsGDG even if we don't want too :) ).

They're going ban flat brim hats soon like the club! Watch out!

Aww-Hell-Naw-Hell-naw-Hell-no-no-no-way-

Someone hold me back!

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

"We are limiting only the type of bags carried into the venue, not permissible items that are brought to a game. Therefore, guests can carry in their pockets or jacket keys, makeup, feminine products, comb, phone, wallet, credit cards, etc., if they choose not to put them in a clear bag"

So, cargo shorts can revert to their roots, providing six or more roomy pockets to carry your stuff. Now we just need inflatable chairbacks.

I'm thinking about wearable seat backs. Sort of like built-in to our clothes. A Borg-like army marching into the stadium. What strikes me as extremely funny is that they will serve alcoholic beverages to encourage people to get drunk and rowdy, but I (who has never had a drop of alcohol at Casey Stadium) am considered a threat because my chair could become a purple missile. I'm a life long Giants fan....if I didn't fire a missile through the TV screen last year, I think UA has nothing to worry about.

The UA stadium policy is now far more restrictive than the policies at UB and SBU which are our true peer institutions as SUNY Div 1 programs. Why is that AD?? Is Albany so much more out of control? Check Villanova. Guess Philly is safer.

Personally, I am getting tired of talking about this. I'm going to let $ talk...or more precisely the lack of it. And I will let them know WHY they aren't getting money when they call.

Edited by jimbo

Does any other school in the CAA have such a dumb policy in regards to the seats? In terms of contacting athletics, do we know who the primary contact person should be in order to complain?

there used to be somebody for game day feedback but I think that wouldn't get you much. My advice would be Benson, Koloskie, Cegles, Justin Brown and Casey Crandall.

"We are limiting only the type of bags carried into the venue, not permissible items that are brought to a game. Therefore, guests can carry in their pockets or jacket keys, makeup, feminine products, comb, phone, wallet, credit cards, etc., if they choose not to put them in a clear bag"

So, cargo shorts can revert to their roots, providing six or more roomy pockets to carry your stuff. Now we just need inflatable chairbacks.

What strikes me as extremely funny is that they will serve alcoholic beverages to encourage people to get drunk and rowdy, but I (who has never had a drop of alcohol at Casey Stadium) am considered a threat because my chair could become a purple missile.

Posted that earlier. We'll promote drinking and alcohol at a college game, but damnit you will not bring in your seat back cushion into the stadium!

Does any other school in the CAA have such a dumb policy in regards to the seats? In terms of contacting athletics, do we know who the primary contact person should be in order to complain?

I sent a 2 page email to the following people yesterday:

Mark Benson, Director of Athletics | (518) 442-2562 | mabenson@albany.edu
Jerry Koloskie, Deputy Athletic Director | (518) 591-8566 | gkoloskie@albany.edu
Charlie Voelker, Associate Athletic Director of External Affairs | (518) 442-3310 | cvoelker@albany.edu
Matt Roche, Associate Athletic Director for Business | (518) 442-3054 | mroche@albany.edu
Vic Cegles, Associate Athletic Director for Revenue Enhancement | (518) 442-3564 | vcegles@albany.edu
Cathy Probst, Assistant to the Director of Athletics | (518) 442-2562 | cprobst@albany.edu
Travis Wilson, Assistant Athletic Director/Business | (518) 442-2654 | twilson@albany.edu
Here are two more I didn't email but probably should have (from Jim's list):
Casey Crandall, Director of Athletics Development | (518) 437-4969 | ccrandall@albany.edu
Justin Brown, Assistant Director of Annual Giving | (518) 437-4774 | jjbrown@albany.edu
I highly doubt they'll even respond to my email. I know when I emailed Dr. Jones and a few of his staff regarding the bus incident (like 4 times), not a single response was received.

This is a joke.

I'm going to let $ talk...or more precisely the lack of it. And I will let them know WHY they aren't getting money when they call.

Told them as much in my email.

Edited by Eli

I have no problem with the rule but give me a notice before the first game of the season. Anyone have a suggestion of where I can find one (bag).

I remember as a kid my mom packing me sandwiches for the Yankees games. Those days are over: concessions are the second biggest money maker at many stadiums (in some it is Parking).

I have no issue with the bag ban, the outside food/beverage ban, the need for clear bags, etc. Heck, if you don't think College sporting matches are not soft targets for terrorism...well, I have news for you....

Mom can still pack you sandwiches for the Yankee game. She can even pack an unopened sealed plastic bottled water/soda/gatorade etc.

Food and non-alcoholic drinks are allowed into the stadium of one of the most storied sports franchises history. It is unreal how this turned out. Lines are probably going to be even longer trying to get in now.