UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Abe did know her players and the roles they had to play to be successful, watching those teams over the years was a treat. I watched the 2nd half of the UCF/USF game, it was textbook Coach Abe, going from 7-23 to 16-9 with none of the players being her recruits, shows her coaching prowess.

My point on Trpic isn’t even starting, her minutes should be far higher…..you’re right about since her being back and the 6 wins. Even more prevalent is without her we lost to UNH by 13, with her we won by 9 (24-point swing); without her we beat Stony Brook by 10, with her by 18; without her we beat Binghamton by 6, with her 17. Hixson gets the ball in her comfortable catch and shoot position, versus spot and shoot; Hixson is running knowing a pass is coming. Tate has room to maneuver with teams having to stretch for Tripic. Aiyalogbe is playing amazing since Trpic’s return and running in transition…. they are fun to watch. Look at her +/- numbers, her PER, and now being back in game condition her regular stats are coming back too. Let's see tonight, last time we played UMBC was the home loss by 8.

Forster is going to be a big key to winning the conference, if she can stay in the games, she does a lot at both ends and a stat leader despite limited minutes sometimes. She is so strong and never flops that she get the raw end of these players bouncing off her and falling down around her all the time that the calls go against her.

I'm in Baltimore on business so my timing is good and am hoping to leave meetings on time to go watch them play.

Coach Abe did know her players and the roles they had to play to be successful, watching those teams over the years was a treat. I watched the 2nd half of the UCF/USF game, it was textbook Coach Abe, going from 7-23 to 16-9 with none of the players being her recruits, shows her coaching prowess.

My point on Trpic isn’t even starting, her minutes should be far higher…..you’re right about since her being back and the 6 wins. Even more prevalent is without her we lost to UNH by 13, with her we won by 9 (24-point swing); without her we beat Stony Brook by 10, with her by 18; without her we beat Binghamton by 6, with her 17. Hixson gets the ball in her comfortable catch and shoot position, versus spot and shoot; Hixson is running knowing a pass is coming. Tate has room to maneuver with teams having to stretch for Tripic. Aiyalogbe is playing amazing since Trpic’s return and running in transition…. they are fun to watch. Look at her +/- numbers, her PER, and now being back in game condition her regular stats are coming back too. Let's see tonight, last time we played UMBC was the home loss by 8.

Forster is going to be a big key to winning the conference, if she can stay in the games, she does a lot at both ends and a stat leader despite limited minutes sometimes. She is so strong and never flops that she get the raw end of these players bouncing off her and falling down around her all the time that the calls go against her.

I'm in Baltimore on business so my timing is good and am hoping to leave meetings on time to go watch them play.

Coming off of an injury, there might be a reason why her minutes are lower. She played a LOT of minutes early in the season, and it did not go quite as well, led to injury etc. She is only a freshman, and a small one at that. I'd rather her play fewer minutes, but effective minutes, than having her out on the floor for 33 minutes a game but not being as effective.

I think you made a mistake in signing up here. Is your username you email address? :)

Sorry, I know it's off topic.

Edited by DanesRGood

I think you made a mistake in signing up here. Is your username you email address? :)

No Idea why that's happened, that isn't even my email address it just changed to that after my first post.....my username should have been venice1020....but it works so it doesn't matter.

• Like 1

No Idea why that's happened, that isn't even my email address it just changed to that after my first post.....my username should have been venice1020....but it works so it doesn't matter.

Just wanted to make sure you saw it in case it was your real email address. Welcome to the site.

Just wanted to make sure you saw it in case it was your real email address. Welcome to the site.

DP can change a username.

So I went to the UMBC game with 3 friends and they all said the same thing.....so I'm changing my grade to a ‘D’. I went to the game with 3 friends. The first quarter they put personnel in to run and you could see the panic for UMBC trying to get back, two were chasing that Aiyalogbe girl back. The spread in the score was going up and then subs come in and those players barely see the court in the 2nd quarter. The offence completely died, no more running, no more movement. Playing 4 against 5 again, no room for Tate to move around and do her magic when it's 4 on 5. No idea why?

Then there’s a new play called pass it to Tate and have her create on her own the rest of the game, poor Tate I don’t blame her she’s an incredible player but who can’t see what’s happening! UMBC's coach prep'd them to slush off and take it away from her, if you don't keep the other team honest they will take advantage. Then the coach doesn’t call a timeout when Forster is on the floor and in trouble, so Forster picks up a foul!

Runs a play at the end of the game and Stokes turns it over, then doesn’t have another play and runs the same play. Of course UMBC is going to get a jump on blocking the shot, it’s the same play. That’s just bad coaching. Whoever said we got the wrong coach was right! D!

Oh I forgot why are we fouling with so much time left at the end, play good D there’s lots of time, we weren't playing some offensive juggernaut of a team…We couldn't believe all these mistakes happened in one game at the D1 level. It wasn't the girls who lost this game game!

So I went to the UMBC game with 3 friends and they all said the same thing.....so I'm changing my grade to a ‘D’. I went to the game with 3 friends. The first quarter they put personnel in to run and you could see the panic for UMBC trying to get back, two were chasing that Aiyalogbe girl back. The spread in the score was going up and then subs come in and those players barely see the court in the 2nd quarter. The offence completely died, no more running, no more movement. Playing 4 against 5 again, no room for Tate to move around and do her magic when it's 4 on 5. No idea why?

Then there’s a new play called pass it to Tate and have her create on her own the rest of the game, poor Tate I don’t blame her she’s an incredible player but who can’t see what’s happening! UMBC's coach prep'd them to slush off and take it away from her, if you don't keep the other team honest they will take advantage. Then the coach doesn’t call a timeout when Forster is on the floor and in trouble, so Forster picks up a foul!

Runs a play at the end of the game and Stokes turns it over, then doesn’t have another play and runs the same play. Of course UMBC is going to get a jump on blocking the shot, it’s the same play. That’s just bad coaching. Whoever said we got the wrong coach was right! D!

Oh I forgot why are we fouling with so much time left at the end, play good D there’s lots of time, we weren't playing some offensive juggernaut of a team…We couldn't believe all these mistakes happened in one game at the D1 level. It wasn't the girls who lost this game game!

I originally dropped in to the thread, said I had the coach at a "D+", and then went away without posting any rationale.

With that said, I have never said we have the wrong coach...I will wait for a few years before making up my mind on that.

Still, I am not very encouraged by the early returns. Maybe I will do a cost benefit analysis at some point, but that would only be to defend my argument, and there's only so much energy I want to spend ruminating on this program...

With the win the women are assured of at least 3rd place. If they can win out (@Vermont and @Hartford) and UMBC drops 1 of last 2 (@SBU and vUNH) they will secure 2nd place. I agree with much of what Venice 1020 in the post about the UMBC game. I was very vocal that we should have promoted from within and I have seen nothing that changes that opinion. With the talent on this team there is no grace period. Win the tournament and you get an A.

Talent yes but experience NO. One starter(Tate) returning. Point guards are both Frosh. Injuries Tate, Trypcic(SP), and TJ haven't helped. And a new coach in a DI learning mode.

Still in good position to make a good run. Stokes has improved but would like to see her look to score to open up her passing lanes. She is kind of like Stire at the top of the circle---he doesn't look to shoot either.