UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Call me conspiracy theorist, but I believe that since we have proved that we can draw 4-6K people to Casey Stadium for big games the selection committee will move on from past snubs to give us a home game in the tourney..... so long as we run the table. That would put us at 14-2 with wins vs RPI 18,20,24,27,29,39,34,42,46,50 + 2 AE Tourny RPI wins & 1 goal RPI losses to #2 & #3. The real question is, if we lose in the America East tournament do we still get in? Assuming we win out we would have 0 top 15 RPI wins (though Yale is #11 in polls) 2 top 20, and 4 wins vs 21-30 RPI before AE Tourny. I don't think that gets it done, unfortunately.

My current projected bracket is as follows:

#1 Syracuse vs Monmouth (MAAC) OR Hobart (NEC)

#8 PSU vs Duke

#4 OSU vs Army (Patriot)

#5 JHU vs Yale (IVY

#3 ND vs Towson (winner of CAA)

#6 UAlbany (AE) vs. Hofstra (L in CAA Championship)

#2 Maryland vs Richmond (SoCon)

#7 Denver vs Rutgers

Right now it doesn't look like the bubble is very big - IMO. Given my bracket, do you see any BIG snubs?

@GreatDane - I agree. If UNC finishes .500 they are in, and could even wind up with a home game if they win the ACC tourny (Imagine that). I have been going back and forth on that scenario all weekend.

How funny would it be if they LOSE to ND - putting them at 6-7, Beat Syracuse... then lose in the championship. That would put them under .500.

Side note: When was the last time UA had a contributing offensive player taller than 6-1? Back in my day the offenses average height was about 6-3. Caufield, Brock, Pompo, Cometti - were all about 6'4. Though I'd take less height and more wins any day :blink:

I don't follow. I see Yale being ranked #11-- Which I think is very soft. Although they only lost to Maryland by 1, They also have losses to Bryant and UMass with their quality wins being over Nova (1st game of season when Nova was awful), Princeton & Penn. I'm not saying they're a bad team, I just don't think the #11 ranking is justified. I can't opine on Albany's ranking because losses are still losses and when your "best win" are 2 one goal losses, the jury is still out. Is Albany one of the 5 best teams in the country, probably, but they need to get a W vs a TOP team to solidify that.

I like the optimism on the home game potential. With not a single top 20 win I am still skeptical. SOS is is not even top 15. Yale is a must win for any chance of a home game for real this time.

Besides beating Yale, we need to win out throughout the AE playoffs to be considered a top 8.

All of which we should accomplish.

I like the optimism on the home game potential. With not a single top 20 win I am still skeptical. SOS is is not even top 15. Yale is a must win for any chance of a home game for real this time.

Besides beating Yale, we need to win out throughout the AE playoffs to be considered a top 8.

Yes of course. Was assuming we run the table in the weak AE. Even then the 8th seed is a stretch.

Yes of course. Was assuming we run the table in the weak AE. Even then the 8th seed is a stretch.

I'll never understand why some people seem to enjoy devaluing teams they're apparently fans of. Is it a pessimism/set the bar low and hope you'll be pleasantly surprised type thing?

We're 8th in RPI right now despite already playing 2/3 of our "weak AE" schedule. There won't be much movement in that number because of whom we've already played..instead it'll mostly be based on games we've yet to play. On deck..we still have #27, #18, #57..and potentially #24 and #20 in the AE tournament if you follow current standings.

Run the table on that and I think we'd be in a pretty decent spot to host. Certainly not a lock..but I'd think much better than a "stretch."

Also worth noting that it looks like we have the most true road wins of any team in the country right now.

I'll never understand why some people seem to enjoy devaluing teams they're apparently fans of. Is it a pessimism/set the bar low and hope you'll be pleasantly surprised type thing?

I think it's pretty normal to do that lol.