UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

While we don't have TOP wins, we do own wins over RPI 20,24,29,30,34,46,51 and potential wins vs 18 & 27 plus whoever we play in the AE Tourny. That could wind up being 11 top 50 wins and 2 one goal losses to top 3 RPI teams. I don't understand why everyone say we have such a weak schedule. Add in the fact that almost all of our wins have been complete beatdowns. How many teams can say they have 5 top 50 wins where they had the game won at halftime.

How much of an impact will TD Ierlan have on recruiting. Being a former offensive player, if you were to tell me I would get to play in the free-wheeling UA Offense complimented by a near make it take it FOGO and a solid D for the next 3 years, I would probably put UA over all teams not named Syracuse, Duke, UNC, UVA, Hopkins & Maryland. As it is I am jealous that I didn't get to play in the current offense.

I totally agree with you and before the season started Cornell and Harvard were getting a lot of hype. You figured Cuse, Maryland, and Yale would all be top 20 teams. Vermont was a pre season darling and was a fringe top 20 team after their 3-0 start so going into the season the schedule did look formidable.

UMass has been a hot and cold team the last couple of years but has given some top teams fits as has Drexel.

Albany recruits a lot in the Buffalo area so maybe that's why Canisius is on the schedule, but I don't understand why we don't see Army which is a short ride down the Thruway away or why Bryant fell off of the schedule.

I'm not sure the staff knew what they had with Irelan. At least in my experience the coaches are selling the academic enhancements big time, especially the new and improved business school, and if you are a bright, out of state student you are allowed to stack merit and athletic money which makes Albany very affordable for an out of state student with good grades.

The coaching staff is very down to earth and when you visit the style of play you are talking about comes through big time. NY state, especially with the new education law which just passed, is always going to be the bread and butter for recruiting, but I would say Albany could be a little more aggressive in terms of marketing the success of the program, but that doesn't seem to Coach Marr's M.O. which I think speaks to the understated success he has had at Albany.

Edited by AlbanyFan2018

Paul Carcaterra's comments from Saturdays Yale/Brown game:

(Again this week) if season ended this weekend he would give Fields the Tewarraton

Fields was dominant against Maryland's D

Atmosphere for UA/Maryland was incredible.

Casey Stadium would be great venue for quarterfinal site - facilities, central location, fans

Believes UA can make it to Final Four

@UAlbanyFan2018 Bingo - I come from a family of 5 kids and thankfully my parents made it priority to pay for all of our undergrad education. Their delight at seeing (in-state) tuition bills of 3k a semester before athletic aid was palpable. While I feel like kids still don't full grasp the enormity of taking on potentially 100K+ in student loans, I feel like the rise in costs has brought more education and that is something that undoubtedly has helped UA. Whenever I step back on campus I am amazed at the transformation that has occured in such a short amount of time. My dorm on Indian was a complete dump, Dutch wasn't any better, the food was awful and when you moved off campus the market for non-slumlord housing was extremely limited. Now the dorms are on par with most schools, the food is very much improved and healthy (It wasn't a competitive advantage to eat a burger soaked in grease 20 minutes before practice) and there are very nice units to be had for $350-500 a month.

I recall giving Siena serious consideration because their business school had modern touches like a giant stock ticker and mac computers, now UA has one of the finest business schools in term of physical plant in the northeast.

All of this adds up to what should be a continuance of the golden era of UA Athletics. It's just a matter of time before Liam gets his shot at being the head coach of his own program. I wouldn't be suprised if it came this year. He probably has already had multiple opportunities but is smartly waiting for the right fit for him.

We are crossing our fingers that Liam sticks around, and we were worried he might get the Bingnamtom job, and you have to believe that he is on the St. Bonnie's list. If you are a 2007 grad you played with a Liam and Merrick, and they are both great recruiters and ambassadors for UA.

I'll be honest when UA first contacted our son I was a little hesitant to make the run up there, and was skeptical, but after his first visit and really kicking the tires, for a lot of the non lacrosse reasons you mentioned, we all came away very impressed. As we became better educated about UA I am a bit surprised that more kids who are considering Syracuse don't opt for Albany, especially given the cost of tuition, and most Syracuse players are more or less forced to redshirt so they are looking at around $300k unless they are getting a lot of need based aid.

The coaching staff does an amazing job when they get a kid/family on campus, but as a fan of the program and the university that's why I selfishly wish the program was better marketed as the premier Div I program on campus, and maybe wirhin the financial constraints it is, but just seems like an opportunity is being missed.

Paul Carcaterra's comments from Saturdays Yale/Brown game:

Casey Stadium would be great venue for quarterfinal site - facilities, central location, fans

Not for a while. NCAA just announced playoff sites thru 2022. Women's championships will all be in Baltimore (Hopkins and Towson)
DI Men’s 2019
Quarterfinals (May 18-19)
Hofstra; James H. Shuart Stadium — Hempstead, N.Y.
Fairfield; Rentschler Field – East Hartford, Conn.
Championship (May 25-27)
Drexel; Lincoln Financial Field — Philadelphia
Quarterfinals (May 16-17)
Hofstra; James H. Shuart Stadium —Hempstead, N.Y.
Brown; Brown Stadium — Providence, R.I.
Championship (May 23-25)
Drexel; Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia
Quarterfinals (May 22-23)
Notre Dame; Notre Dame Stadium — Notre Dame, Ind.
Championship (May 29-31)
Quarterfinals (May 21-22)
Ohio State; Ohio Stadium — Columbus, Ohio
Championship (May 28-30)

@Albanyfan2018. I was on the team from Fall 2007 - Spring 2011..... which just happened to be the dark days of Albany Lacrosse - we always had the talent but not once in my 4 years did we not lose at least 2 major starters to injury. I know Merrick & Liam very well though. They are class acts and obviously very good coaches. One thing I can say is that when you send your son to UA for lacrosse the coaches are like second fathers and take a legitimate interest in your sons well being.

Big game tonight, I think UA shows Bing they still have a ways to go.