UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs Hartford - 2/25 - 7PM

Eli

Yup, both chirped on twitter. I remember it well. I think both were expecting more playing time and when they didn't get it they got pissed and left.

Anyway, does anyone if there are kids prices for tickets? For some reason I remember the tickets for kids being cheaper. I know they are at a few of the schools I always bring my son to on the road but our website doesn't show kids pricing. Anyone?

Both accepted their role. Both were told to leave.

See: Note above.

Ahh, Twitter beef. That's a little funnier I guess.

I had a class with McKay and, to be blunt, looked like McKay should lay off the puff puff (pun intended lulz). Twyman and McKay have LITTLE room to talk lol. Definitely no loss. Saved us money by not having to give those kids scholarships.

Anyway, if we do face that team in the playoffs this year again, I hope guys like Nichols, Cremo, Rowley, Stire, Dallas remember what happened last year and absolutely lay the wood to em.

McKay had a 3.8 gpa and hasnt smoked weed in his life. Redshirted and was told to leave after the season. Seems like Brown dragged him through the mud after bringing him thousands of miles from home.

Noone said theyre america east stars if they stay but probably not easy for a 19 year old to be told he has to uproot his life after failed promises.

For Rowley, Stire and Dallas, there is no "Revenge" needed since they all are pretty close still. Everyone knows Hartford cant beat Albany this year.

Hey, so you are Will Brown. Great...nice to meet you.

(Be careful what you say on a message board).

Wish I was so maybe I could stop bringing in freshman and make them transfer after a year. 4 of 5 left in 2015 and 1 of 3 left last season. Looking like that pace will certainly be kept after this year in reference to the first year JUCO kids.

I'm not familiar with what happened, but if they were told to leave there was probably a reason. Players need to keep their promises and play hard and improve. Obviously coach didn't see any playing time for them or they didn't fit in culturally.

No matter what happened, twitter tirades against a former team equals fans rooting against them. Pretty simple.

• Like 1

Great coach, great recruiter, bad at keeping everyone happy, bad at keeping his promises

Without asking the man I'd say there's players he's trust and players he doesn't. If you don't reach that level with him than you're just taking up space. Is it fair to the player? Probably not, but in the end it's better off for them cause they're not leaving the bench anyway.

It definitely sucks for the player, but it's a two way street. If you recruit a kid and tell him stuff based on what you saw out of him, and then he doesn't live up to it then it's time for both to move on.

Ahh, Twitter beef. That's a little funnier I guess.

I had a class with McKay and, to be blunt, looked like McKay should lay off the puff puff (pun intended lulz). Twyman and McKay have LITTLE room to talk lol. Definitely no loss. Saved us money by not having to give those kids scholarships.

Anyway, if we do face that team in the playoffs this year again, I hope guys like Nichols, Cremo, Rowley, Stire, Dallas remember what happened last year and absolutely lay the wood to em.

McKay had a 3.8 gpa and hasnt smoked weed in his life. Redshirted and was told to leave after the season. Seems like Brown dragged him through the mud after bringing him thousands of miles from home.

Noone said theyre america east stars if they stay but probably not easy for a 19 year old to be told he has to uproot his life after failed promises.

For Rowley, Stire and Dallas, there is no "Revenge" needed since they all are pretty close still. Everyone knows Hartford cant beat Albany this year.

Just callin it how I saw it, I was sitting feet from the guy for months. But if you know the guy...I stand corrected.

Anyway, That was years ago. Point is they both flapped their gums about our team and we want to see them lose when they play us (more to do with Twyman as we don't face McKay if he's even still playing). It's all in fun...no one here really wishes bad on them. But they definitely weren't even remotely a loss to the program...if anything a blessing they left. That is all.

Failed promises? It's a two way street as someone else said. If they were lazy in practice or didn't put in the work and couldn't crack the rotation, it's not Brown's fault. They failed to deliver on their promise to Brown, which is to try their best and grow as ball players (as well as men). Welcome to the real world. I'm glad Brown doesn't coddle them. He's helping make boys into young men. You don't perform at work, what happens? The door is hitting ya where the Lord split ya. Same in college athletics, or at least it should be. For all intents and purposes, a scholarship is a contract. You don't hold up your end, the deals off.

As for 'revenge'...you completely misinterpreted what I said. I wasn't referring to Twyman flapping his gums...I was referring to the Hartford loss last year in the 1st round. THAT'S what those guys need to remember and THAT'S why they need to lay the wood to em.

We haven't heard this big of a squawk against Brown in a while.

Anyone who blames Brown is being silly. Brown has nothing to do with this. We've had many 4 years players...if anything, it just goes to show that those are real 'professionals' and real hard workers...the kids who flake out, miss home, etc....that's on them. Not on Brown. You can harp on Brown when we start recruiting kids who are constantly getting arrested, etc. That's going to be Brown's fault. Anything else, has nothing to do with Brown IMO.

I feel like all athletes should have a seminar with the Chief of Police (Frank Wiley - who taught that class I was with McKay and Green in). The first day of class he announced that there was a 20 page paper due at the end and gave everyone the chance to leave now or he would demand excellence from everyone. Like 20% of the class got up and walked out. 10 minutes later he announces that was a joke and there is no 20 page paper, but there is a collaborative paper due.

I feel like we should let him vet our prospective athletes and weed out the kids who won't cut it like Twyman lol.

If a freshman leaves after one year...me thinks Brown put them through his tests and they didn't cut it. Too bad, try harder next time, buttercup.

Everyone is welcome to disagree with me but those are my feels on the topic lol.

Edited by Eli

Was hoping Andrews was graduating but that does not seem to be the case... Can someone with knowledge explain to me how we are graduating 2 and taking in 3.... and also still recruiting? (Please don't tell me that we are recruiting more then we have, bc that's not the case...We have 0..Maybe -1)...The simple answer is someone is not getting a scholarship...Or transferring... thanks ...

Was hoping Andrews was graduating but that does not seem to be the case... Can someone with knowledge explain to me how we are graduating 2 and taking in 3.... and also still recruiting? (Please don't tell me that we are recruiting more then we have, bc that's not the case...We have 0..Maybe -1)...The simple answer is someone is not getting a scholarship...Or transferring... thanks ...

Transfers and andrews isnt coming back.