UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[FB] Game 5 - @ Elon - 9/30 - 2PM

Nother tough conference game coming up per comments and their latest win. Also an up and coming team in the CAA.

Hopefully Gattuso calls the game better (evidently he runs the offense and not Bernard).

Not on ESPN3, will need an Elon link to watch.

EDIT: Video link per MRSGDG: http://www.collegesportslive.com/?media=560188

Edited by Eli

It's on CBS digital

Hmm, never heard of games being broadcast on CBS online. Good to know! Thanks!

Video Link: http://www.collegesportslive.com/?media=560188

I can't tell if you have to have a subscription. It doesn't say, but it also has a log on section.

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 1

Hey Eli - we both know Bernard is terrible. They HAVE to stop throwing Sussman out there just to run him. Everyone in the League and stadium knows that's what they do. Maybe step up like he's going to run and the stepping back and throwing, Doing a play action, a little option, ANYTHING!!!! Running straight dives against what has been the best run defense in the league is just plain stupid. Do a counter, off tackle, option, PLAY ACTION, anything else!! Then throw - they had the second from the worst PASS defense in the league. Can't just randomly call plays or stick with a game plan that is not working - KNOW who you are playing. Just saying!!

What a dominating game but we still could not score much. Defense played their hearts out and won the game! Of course I have always believed, as a player and coach for many years that great defense ALWAYS beats great offense.

Edited by HOF2013

I am still not sure that I believe that Bernard is NOT calling plays. Not that I don't believe Eli...but I don't remember seeing Gattuso with a play-card. Maybe I just haven't paid attention to that aspect.

It would seem odd that he is an Associate Head Coach and OC, yet doesn't have any in-game capacities.

In my opinion, they may be giving Bernard some cover with this story. If not, why did Gattuso blew up at him on that particular play...when the whole stadium was pissed and all of us at home were pissed.

Doesn't pass the smell test.

I do want to add one thing. Bernard seems like a helluva guy...a pretty solid coach...and he has been responsible for finding some of our best recruits. From my perspective, which is about as welcome and useful as a bad flu, he is an an important cog for the program, and maybe he has had some play calling handcuffs put on him given that we have young line and QB (and, now RB's). Maybe he loosens up now that the O is seemingly progressing.

Edited by Dane96

Rankings are BS. Villanova and Richmond STILL higher than Albany - 2 losses each

Beat Elon and get into the top 10.

Won't do much. STATS poll Albany 19 Elon 23

AGS poll Albany 16 Elon 21

We'll only move up as teams above us lose again. As the CAA now stands, Richmond, New Hampshire and Stony are the most meaningful remaining, except of course the next one

I was there and close, IMO, unless Coach G called the play with his headset on to Bernard, that play was called by Bernard...our offense at times is much too vanilla...not sure if others have mentioned it but HAVE TO involve McDonald more. he has above this level speed which is clear as day...

GO DANES!!!

I was there and close, IMO, unless Coach G called the play with his headset on to Bernard, that play was called by Bernard...our offense at times is much too vanilla...not sure if others have mentioned it but HAVE TO involve McDonald more. he has above this level speed which is clear as day...

GO DANES!!!

I was told Gattuso calls the plays and/or Bernard does as he is told, so it's very possible Bernard just relays Gattuso's calls...which is odd. I was told this by a very senior person on the FB staff (not school staff, but one of the actual coaches).

Either way, whichever one of them is making the calls, I just don't understand why they don't see what we see. I mean, is it ego? I guess we'll never know.