UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[FB] Game 5 - @ Elon - 9/30 - 2PM

Coach Gattuso basically said the same thing. The Offense has to get better and the QB has to play better. At least he sees it too! I had so much hope for this season. The offense has let the team down, bottom line. We need a QB. Brunson and Sussman are not the answer it seems. If one or both do not get better and the coaches do not start calling a better game on offense we are in trouble. Such a let down. The defense has been absolutely outstanding.

Coach Gattuso basically said the same thing. The Offense has to get better and the QB has to play better. At least he sees it too! I had so much hope for this season. The offense has let the team down, bottom line. We need a QB. Brunson and Sussman are not the answer it seems. If one or both do not get better and the coaches do not start calling a better game on offense we are in trouble. Such a let down. The defense has been absolutely outstanding.

Coaches should do their part and make the game easier for the player(s). Things like not running Sussman out there and things like quick slants for Brunson would help. Get the ball in and out quick. Look at what McCown is doing with Jets after most everyone thought they'd lose all 16 games...Morton (OC) has him releasing the ball in 2.5 seconds or something like that and he's dinking and dunking the Jets to scores or FG position. IMO, that's EXACTLY the type of QB play we need. Mix it up with some rushes to the outside or delay plays instead of just pounding it between the tackles and hoping for a gap and you have yourself an offense...but what do I know...I only play Madden lol :P .

WE NEED TO DINK AND DUNK INSTEAD OF GOING CRAZY WITH THE PLAYCALLING OR RUNNING THAT STUPID SUSSMAN WILDCAT PACKAGE.

ARRRRGGGHHHHHHHH lol.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

It's Monday and I'm still really confused. 2 good games by Brunson and then this...soon, very soon the dye will be cast. I said it before the season started, Gattuso's downfall will be not having a QB and not being able to identify and recruit a QB in his years here. That dope OC not helping him either...

Side note: I saw Singelais tweet this AM that Brunson has a concussion...in this CTE world, that sucks. Hope he gets better and doesn't have any long term effects. I think we'll see someone else at QB this week. No word yet on what the game plan is when Sussman is in, but my money is on 50 runs up the middle for 1.56 yards.

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

I’m going to toss out that the 3-3-5 defense totally confused the young offensive line and young QB. The OC and staff did not adapt to what they were seeing. Supposedly short passes over the middle like slants are a good way to attack the 3-3-5. Manzo-Lewis-lewis was able to get open. A cool qb with a plan can have success. Or maybe I am full of it. All that being said, Brunson regularly overthrew receivers who were open down field. I also think they gave up on the run too quickly. BTW, where was Kendall Rogers?

http://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-quarterback-suffered-concussion-against-12246716.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop

Interesting that Brunson was apparently concussed for some portion or significant portion of the game. Not good that they didn't recognize and pull him sooner but it's probably not an easy read for the staff.

Edited by Clickclack

Explains a ton. And while I applaud his desire, I wish Will had said something to the staff as his health is paramount. That could have ended very badly for him

I’m glad the outlook is encouraging both for him and the team. Also, I get the mindset of not wanting to come out of the game. But, there’s a time where it’s necessary to take care of #1 and not jeopardize the team’s chances of winning. He’s got a long life ahead of him and likely no chance we will see him on Sundays. So take care of yourself young man, that’s why there’s a backup QB.