UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2017-18 Season

From starting out with the best out-of-conference record to going down in the first round at home to a team UA beat twice this season, this year has been the one of the most disappointing seasons I have ever seen at UA, and I've seen a LOT of them.

I still think that 2009-2010 team was the most disappointing season I have seen. That team showed no fire, no heart, was soft as could be and just flat out depressing. 7 wins and no heart. Interesting though that a legend in Mike Black emerged from that team. But he didn't become a legend until A LOT of the guys from that team weren't in the program anymore. Logan and Blake made it to the finish line as part of that group too. Well, kind of with Logan.

That team was doomed due to Will Harris. Soft, no fire for a guy we thought had solid skills transferring from Virginia. Boy,we were wrong. A lot of other guys who did not want to be here, Tartt, Lindfors, Watts.

As for attendance... This administration needs to wake up. They have priced way to many fans out of the building... Need to start offering cheaper ticket options... Attendance all year was disappointing. Need to have $5 or even $2 tickets... Fill the stands THEN think prices.

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

As for attendance... This administration needs to wake up. They have priced way to many fans out of the building... Need to start offering cheaper ticket options... Attendance all year was disappointing. Need to have $5 or even $2 tickets... Fill the stands THEN think prices.

How else are they going to pay for the 50 security guards and two dozen parking attendants for each game? In all seriousness..is there something that happened that I missed between last season and this one? Went from barely having ushers to not being able to walk 10 feet without bumping into a yellow jacket/shirt, grey shirt security or UPD officer.

The games went from being very fan friendly to the complete opposite. Squeezing every nickel out of fans for tickets, parking, etc. Security/staff kicking people out of the stands 5 minutes after the game ends so we can sit in traffic. Unfriendly or rude staff. I just don't get it. A beautiful scoreboard is great..but the athletic administration seems to only care about new sponsorships at this point and not really much about the fan experience. No wonder attendance is trending down despite the team racking up 20+ wins year in and year out.

• Like 5

Do you really think cutting prices in half would double attendance?

Cutting them by 75% would quadruple attendance?

The program is not a money maker as it is. We all want this amenity and that amenity, but also think it's too expensive?

100 percent right ....100 percent !!!

The program is not a money maker as it is. We all want this amenity and that amenity, but also think it's too expensive?

They need to do everything in their power to build a fanbase... Sell out building regularly then start raising prices to maximize profits.

They are doing the opposite... Jacking prices and mandatory donations to buy season tickets... Instead of growing the fanbase and then wonder why people feel priced out.

• Like 2

They need to do everything in their power to build a fanbase... Sell out building regularly then start raising prices to maximize profits.

They are doing the opposite... Jacking prices and mandatory donations to buy season tickets... Instead of growing the fanbase and then wonder why people feel priced out.

I again agree with every word of this. 100000000 likes... I said this exact thing with football last year. Cheaper prices, build a fan base, then raise them gradually. The only way I would think about disagreing with this is if we were saving money for a HUGE jump in athletics. Which we all know is not happening. Therefore build the freaken FANBASE!!!

• Like 2