UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2017-18 Season

As for attendance... This administration needs to wake up. They have priced way to many fans out of the building... Need to start offering cheaper ticket options... Attendance all year was disappointing. Need to have $5 or even $2 tickets... Fill the stands THEN think prices.

Do you really think cutting prices in half would double attendance?

Cutting them by 75% would quadruple attendance?

The program is not a money maker as it is. We all want this amenity and that amenity, but also think it's too expensive?

They need to do everything in their power to build a fanbase... Sell out building regularly then start raising prices to maximize profits.

They are doing the opposite... Jacking prices and mandatory donations to buy season tickets... Instead of growing the fanbase and then wonder why people feel priced out.

Having a tier on tickets based on the opponent they play is still one of the most laugh out loud things theyve done.

Seriously, who do we play OOC and conference that they think they can do that???

• Like 1

One thing I heard from Wyland last night was that the snowstorm threw all of the HS championship games to Saturday. So there was a lot of competition for B.B. fans. Why the students didnt show up is another matter maybe an apathetic team created the apathetic fans

3/4s of the arena felt packed last night. The quarter that wasn't full was the sections reserved for SBU fans. As the game went on some UA fans started moving into those sections as other areas were full.

No way it was under 2k fans. I'm wondering if they only count paid attendance and students don't count? Maybe the numbers from the SEFCU lot entrance aren't included? Something is seriously wrong with the numbers all season.

For yesterday, Tickets for playoffs are set by the conference if I understand it correctly.

As far as lowering prices? I don't see it. I don't think the program is making a profit today. Lowering the prices won't help the program at all IMHO.

Cut $10 in cost per attendee on average (between ticket and parking) per game times 2,000 average attendees a game and they lose $20,000 in revenue per game. If the average price per fan becomes $15/person including parking, that is 1,500 more fans per game needed to break even.

I don't see that happening, and lowering revenue would be bad for the program.

Have season ticket holder numbers gone down as the prices went up? I don't know what those numbers look like.

I could see them increasing season ticket prices a little or adding more mandatory donations for the best seats, then lowering the prices of the cheap seats to boost attendance.

How many extra tickets were sold when you could get them for $5 at Stuyvesant plaza?

Edited by godanesgo99

Screw security. I want them to bring back the food vendors up and down the aisles. I remember once or twice we had them, not sure what types of games they were. THAT I want, a bunch of Yellow Jackets? No thanks.

If people are worried about being profitable cut the damn security budget we had no problems with 1/4th the amount of security we have now!!!!! (LMAO)

Switch a couple of security staff for people selling tickets instead.

• Like 1

Watching some of the MAAC tourney (Sorry Bob.)

Their bracket is built to favor the higher seeds but almost backfired this year. They give the #1 and #2 seeds an extra day between the quarter finals and the semi finals while the #3 and #4 seeds play back to back days. Problem is, the top two seeds were upset so tonight the underdog lower seeds are playing on an extra day of rest. It almost knocked Iona out of the tourney.

Truth on the security. 5 years ago we had one cop in each corner. That was it. What happened?

#bigtime FAKE IT 'TILL YOU MAKE IT!

I still believe what we did last year as far as pricing the tickets for the Siena game hurt us more than helped in building a bigger fan base. The AD certainly thought we were big time and pulled a Siena move of their own.
  • Like 1

If people are worried about being profitable cut the damn security budget we had no problems with 1/4th the amount of security we have now!!!!! (LMAO)

Switch a couple of security staff for people selling tickets instead.

I am in total agreement with this. I had to get two tickets at the window yesterday for some late additions and it took FOREVER. Worst system in the world BTW. The line backs up and then people coming in to the gym are cutting through the line if they already have their tickets. The workers at the ticket window take beyond forever and if you buy your tickets on line good luck finding which window they are hiding them at when you arrive to the arena.

The situation and line to get tickets last night embarrassed me. It frustrated me, annoyed me and embarrassed me, as well as the people I was with and all the others around me. Usually when I come to a game I have tickets ahead of time so I don't have to deal with it. Twice this year I had to get tickets when I got to the gym and twice this year I was so frustrated by the process not only did I miss the beginning of the game after arriving 15 minutes early, I wanted to leave.

Are we serious about being a real athletic program that wants to increase attendance? The price is the price. Keep it reasonable and competitive with other events but don't make it harder to deal with. The parking situation is annoying but when they nail you to park 10 minutes away, thats not helping. Thats part of the service/environment problem. Don't make me pay for your sub par parking situation.

For me, I use amazon a lot because the price is competitive and the service is excellent. At our home games if the price is competitive and the service/environment is excellent it will be fine. The service to get into the game is AWFUL and the environment, IMO, is ok but a good amount of posters on here have issues with the environment for a number of different reasons, not just one thing.

Patch, my man...kudos...exactly...they have more guards than people (hyperbole)...

Maybe we should have borrowed one of those "guards". We could have used an extra last night! Just kidding. just kiddinggggg

• Like 2