UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2017-18 Season

Brown seemed to think that the team will play in a post season tournament during his appearance on 104.5 today.

Please go on the road if so. Stop spending money on these tournaments. We are 0-3 playing in these.

Because even the players don't care...fans certainly don't care. I would say play if you have young players who could use the experience...they had no freshman on the court this year...at all. HARD PASS!

• Like 1

Brown seemed to think that the team will play in a post season tournament during his appearance on 104.5 today.

Please go on the road if so. Stop spending money on these tournaments. We are 0-3 playing in these.

Because even the players don't care...fans certainly don't care. I would say play if you have young players who could use the experience...they had no freshman on the court this year...at all. HARD PASS!

Thats not even WB main reasoning for playing in these though. He always goes the route of, its another opportunity for the seniors to get another game. I hope from what he saw this season he decides to just end it.

Thats not even WB main reasoning for playing in these though. He always goes the route of, its another opportunity for the seniors to get another game. I hope from what he saw this season he decides to just end it.

From what I was told it's a consecutive postseason thing. They want to keep that going. Apparently it's important to the university/Basketball team. They even mention it during the intro on the big screen before each game.

There are a lot of potential benefits of participating. If they play, I will watch. I'll go to a home game if it happens (I'm obviously in a minority there) and I'll stream a road game if it's possible.

1. Consecutive post season tagline

2. Recruiting, both with #1 and simply using any travel as way to visit recruits using combo trips.

3. Getting seniors another chance to play (Stire was vocal about wanting play)

4. Potential relationships formed with other coaches for non conference scheduling opportunities

5. If Brown would do it, it could be a good opp to get non meaningful minutes for Clark, Conway, and Cochran

It feels like a let down for this point in the growth of the program, but if a tournament will take them, I am all for them playing and I'll keep rooting for them.

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 2

No, not the CBI/CIT specifically, but being able to say 7 consecutive post seasons.

If the team travels, any recruits from that area can go to the game, meet the team.

No matter how third or fourth tier they sound, there are still several hundred teams that don't get to play in the post season

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 2

If it were a home game I would go and if it were a road game I will watch. The overtime game against Ohio a couple of years ago was actually an entertaining game.

I'm probably not a good barometer though because I would watch practice if they let me. Like Jamar Wilson and David Nichols, I too have been thrown out of an Albany practice.

• Like 2

If it were a home game I would go and if it were a road game I will watch. The overtime game against Ohio a couple of years ago was actually an entertaining game.

I'm probably not a good barometer though because I would watch practice if they let me. Like Jamar Wilson and David Nichols, I too have been thrown out of an Albany practice.

Yeah but could you score like them to be let back in?

Edited by Clickclack

Offense isn't really my thing, so no. I'm more of a hard foul guy.

• Like 1

Lol, I would go to practice as well. In fact, I'd LOVE to be able to attend a practice. A lot of schools hold a midnight madness event for the first practice of the year. I'd go.

I coach coach my son's team. I'd love to see what drills they run in practice. Bring my kids to a real practice and see how much running they do. See the drills. Watch them spend time working on set offenses or defenses.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall during a video breakdown session.

Ahh, being an addicted fan.

Edited by godanesgo99

Offense isn't really my thing, so no. I'm more of a hard foul guy.

I had you pegged more of cheerleader...Fruscio style...

giphy.gif

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

Lol, I would go to practice as well. In fact, I'd LOVE to be able to attend a practice. A lot of schools hold a midnight madness event for the first practice of the year. I'd go.

I coach coach my son's team. I'd love to see what drills they run in practice. Bring my kids to a real practice and see how much running they do. See the drills. Watch them spend time working on set offenses or defenses.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall during a video breakdown session.

Ahh, being an addicted fan.

Decades ago I had the opportunity to spend the day or at least a practice with Doc Sauers while we were still Division III. I respected him so much. I told my wife at the instant that I would have preferred watching a Dane practice than going to the White House. My wife knew me well enough then not to challenge my statement. I turned down the opportunity, but I too wanted to be the "fly on the wall."

• Like 2