UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2017-18 Season

During the AE Title game, artists' sketches of UVM's new multi-purpose facility scheduled to open in 2020 were shown. It looks stunning. Keeping up with SB, UMBC, and UVM on the recruiting trail will be difficult as our peers all feature beautiful new facilities.

Hopefully with, specifically, UVM getting new digs this will put us into overdrive to get our own in order to compete. As I said above, they are our only and true rivalry in the AE.

Otherwise, 100% agreed. At some point, it will hurt us in recruiting badly if we end up having an arena that is the joke of the AE.

If Odom has any interest in moving up..now would be the time. Completely turned the team around in basically just one year..NCAA bid..and graduating Lyles, Maura and Grant. Return some decent pieces..but he's loses a lot of firepower this year. If he wants to stick around..I'm sure he'll be getting a nice extension and raise.

I don't believe he's done enough yet to get looks. And they lose a lot of talent.

During the AE Title game, artists' sketches of UVM's new multi-purpose facility scheduled to open in 2020 were shown. It looks stunning. Keeping up with SB, UMBC, and UVM on the recruiting trail will be difficult as our peers all feature beautiful new facilities.

They are tens of millions of dollars away from realizing that vision but they are on their way... It's time for Benson to put his plan on the table for the community to see and get behind.

I continue to he told there are plans... And actively being worked, private money being raised etc.

• Like 1

Phoenix, on 10 Mar 2018 - 4:57 PM, said:

snapback.png

If Odom has any interest in moving up..now would be the time. Completely turned the team around in basically just one year..NCAA bid..and graduating Lyles, Maura and Grant. Return some decent pieces..but he's loses a lot of firepower this year. If he wants to stick around..I'm sure he'll be getting a nice extension and raise.

I don't believe he's done enough yet to get looks. And they lose a lot of talent. - clickclack

He has the bloodlines which will speed up the process!!!! Doesn't need a "Godfather" to get him a job he has a true father to help him out!!!! He's done a great job at UMBC even though it has been a short time!!

Edited by Patch
  • Like 1

They are tens of millions of dollars away from realizing that vision but they are on their way... It's time for Benson to put his plan on the table for the community to see and get behind.

I continue to he told there are plans... And actively being worked, private money being raised etc.

vermont new digs opening in 2020 no better than 50-50. Last I heard fund raising behind goal. Does not even have vt state approval as yet? I hope we don't use them as our stimulus to upgrade.

A friend who is a big UConn alumni and fan said to me that he heard Becker will be high on their list as head coach since they just fired Ollie. I think that is pure speculation since his name has not been in ANY of the local articles I've seen about possible replacements.

A friend who is a big UConn alumni and fan said to me that he heard Becker will be high on their list as head coach since they just fired Ollie. I think that is pure speculation since his name has not been in ANY of the local articles I've seen about possible replacements.

UConn still has major juice, think you see a lot more bigger names involved for that opening.

UConn still has major juice, think you see a lot more bigger names involved for that opening.

Agree.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/378291002

Base over bonus

Albany's Will Brown has no team-performance-based incentive bonuses prescribed in his contract. A previous version of Brown’s agreement included 12 such provisions, occupying the equivalent of three single-spaced pages, under which he could receive a maximum of $241,500 in bonuses. For the 2014-15 season, when those provisions were still in effect, Brown’s base salary was $301,660. Under a new contract that took effect in August 2016, Brown’s base salary is now $350,000.

“When (athletics department officials) negotiated the current contract they took into consideration the bonuses he had been attaining and added them to his base salary; therefore eliminating the bonus structure in lieu of a market base salary," Albany records access officer Lisa Taylor said. "So he is now receiving more of a guaranteed base.”

On 3/10/2018 at 11:14 PM, Clickclack said:

I hope those plans are made public to the fans at some point. It is hard to raise private money if the donors (us) don't know what the money is being raised for. 

43 minutes ago, UA_MA_2000 said:

I hope those plans are made public to the fans at some point. It is hard to raise private money if the donors (us) don't know what the money is being raised for. 

Don’t know how state funding works, but with UB winning yesterday do they have any edge in receiving more state funds towards their facilities since they won an NCAA game?

1 hour ago, UA_MA_2000 said:

It's hard to raise it if they do know what it's for.   When you donate money you can always designate where you want it spent, assuming you don't say something crazy!

5 hours ago, alum73 said:

It's hard to raise it if they do know what it's for.   When you donate money you can always designate where you want it spent, assuming you don't say something crazy!

Which is great to designate ..unless they "force" you to donate it to the GDAC slush fund for benefits where you will never know what it is used for. You want to donate $5k for a basketball scholarship that won't get you parking but  $1k donation for for the GDAC slush fund will.  ?