UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2017-18 Season

uofalbany you have the answer fire CB, in the past dismal 3 years his team is something like 67-33.

AS for being stuck in the AE forever that is not CBs doing.

Our budget can hardly afford the AE - if we go to a higher profile league the operational costs will probably more than double.

Our facilities or lack of a true facilites have fallen behind most of the AE now.

If CB is the problem by all means fire him!

Coach Brown has maintained his allegiance to UAlbany for 17 years .... yeah he has looked around a bit ... most coaches do ... Coach Brown is more careful in his post game comments and our chances in the league .... we have great recruiting class coming in ... there is no reason for questioning Will's dedication to the program and our support for the current & future student-athletes ... I see good days ahead whether or not we win AE Tournament ... my last thought UMBC has won the AE in the past ... went into a nose dive afterwards ... UMBC play on Sunday night ... well speaks for itself ....

Question.

If we don’t think WB should be fired do we have to think he can do no wrong?  Take no blame?

I certainly think it’s insane to think he could or should be fired but I also think he takes some blame for what happened this year.  Did we win 20+?  Yes.  In this conference that really isn’t that hard.  

We didn’t have the talent on the floor to be dominant.  Who’s responsibility is that?  We made zero adjustments to our lineups throughout the year.  Who’s responsibility is that?  Does anybody think Alex Foster was used appropriately?  Was anybody happy that Devonte Campbell stayed on the court for as many minutes as he did?

• Like 2

Just now, McFan said:

Question.

If we don’t think WB should be fired do we have to think he can do no wrong?  Take no blame?

I certainly think it’s insane to think he could or should be fired but I also think he takes some blame for what happened this year.  Did we win 20+?  Yes.  In this conference that really isn’t that hard.  

We didn’t have the talent on the floor to be dominant.  Who’s responsibility is that?  We made zero adjustments to our lineups throughout the year.  Who’s responsibility is that?  Does anybody think Alex Foster was used appropriately?  Was anybody happy that Devonte Campbell stayed on the court for as many minutes as he did?

My god McFan, thank you! Someone who actually sees the same thing as I do. It's almost like the coaching staff will not be held responsible for anything that goes wrong. 

Not one person has said CB should be gone here (don't count scrabblship), but we can certainly question where we are headed. Have we seen our peak? If so fine, I'll know not to expect anything more.

1 minute ago, UA'08 said:

My god McFan, thank you! Someone who actually sees the same thing as I do. It's almost like the coaching staff will not be held responsible for anything that goes wrong. 

Not one person has said CB should be gone here (don't count scrabblship), but we can certainly question where we are headed. Have we seen our peak? If so fine, I'll know not to expect anything more.

He’s earned some loyalty for sure, but this wasn’t a great year and maybe not even a good year.  Players and coaches take some blame.

13 minutes ago, Patch said:

uofalbany you have the answer fire CB, in the past dismal 3 years his team is something like 67-33.

Our budget can hardly afford the AE - if we go to a higher profile league the operational costs will probably more than double.

Our facilities or lack of a true facilites have fallen behind most of the AE now.

Patch, it was an attempt at humor, due to certain relationships some people here on the board have with Will.

We had more or less the same players we did last year.  Difficult to figure out why we struggled at times.   

Hopefully the Aussies bring what we need to get back to the NCAAs.   It would take a few really bad years to consider

any coaching change.   

12 minutes ago, UAalum72 said:

Not hard to win 20+ IN THIS LEAGUE? We won more games OOC than in conference.

My point is you have 8 freebies in this league, or should, every year.  It’s a sign of our consistency but let’s be honest there are usually 4 teams that UA shouldn’t lose to every year.  It’s not the same teams  but the bottom half of this conference is not good, every year.

This year we had 3 teams ranked lower tha Siena in the RPI and four ranked 294 or lower.

Edited by McFan

1 hour ago, Patch said:

I can't believe this fire Brown talk...What has happened to this board? I say this as the guy who questioned OPENLY if he still had it in him after the first two trips and then subsequent struggles etc. But today to ask that question? 

I mean..WHAT????

Yeah, Brown as does the ENTIRE team need to figure out what happened this year and make sure this same issue doesn't roll into next year. This was an average season with some really head scratching games and performances. Depth needs to improve significantly and people need to be held accountable with benching etc. That introspection obviously starts with Brown as the architect of the team. 

Edited by Clickclack

1 hour ago, McFan said:

Question.

All fair questions...you hit on some painful ones for me. Many of us, including me are quick to 'give it' to Nichols...but you can't ignore the year Devonte had. Game in and game out it was 4 on 5 on offense. As a fan, my opinion is that he can't be a starter next year unless he can hit an open shot. His defense is good but not that good. 

2 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I can't believe this fire Brown talk...What has happened to this board? I say this as the guy who questioned OPENLY if he still had it in him after the first two trips and then subsequent struggles etc. But today to ask that question? 

I mean..WHAT????

Again, no one said he should be fired. 

15 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

I am a Bball junkie when it comes to the first 4 days of NCAA tourney.  I have watched at least 30 of the games thru today.  Whether its a Power conference team or the mid-majors playing in the tourney, 2 things UA did not have all season are very apparent .  I know we have discussed these before but the lack of athleticism and lack of 3 point shooters for UA compared to tourney teams is glaring.   We have no big men who can run the floor.  High seeds like Loyola- Chicago, Buffalo,  even UMBC have them.  And so many tourney teams have 4 guys on the floor who can shoot the three.   We had Charles and Stire who never shoot any, Campbell who never should have shot any,  leaving Cremo and Nichols only.  Game is changing so CB has to change his recruiting to match the game.  The old grind it out, methodical offense may not work anymore to beat the top teams and quarterfinal AE losses will continue. Just my observation.

I watched a lot as well...the thing that stuck out to me is a need for an effective athletic wing that can release pressure on guards either via a long range shot or slash and a big that has some length to bother drivers to the basket. 

I'm hopeful DeSousa or Mack can be that wing. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

I watched a lot as well...the thing that stuck out to me is a need for an effective athletic wing that can release pressure on guards either via a long range shot or slash and a big that has some length to bother drivers to the basket. 

I'm hopeful DeSousa or Mack can be that wing. 

Mack ehh??? Care to share?