UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Burying the lede above is that Will Fiacchi is on the coaching staff.

Wide Receivers Coach Recruiting Coordinator University at Albany

Why is our former QB in charge of scouting receivers? Lol.

Defense coach as OC and QB scouting receivers...to me that makes little sense.

Happens all the time. Offensive players coaching different positions, recruiting different positions. Doesn't have to just do the position they played. New Giants coach was an offensive lineman in college. In the NFL he was a WR coach, QB coach and offensive coordinator.

Right. MOST college coaches coach multiple positions as they move up the ranks and put in the years until they become a head coach or coordinator.

Oh well. What do I know...just seems odd to a normal person like me to have someone who's never played x and always played y...coaching x.

Sounds like we're getting some athletes though which is a good sign regardless of who's coaching them/recruiting them.

Oh well. What do I know...just seems odd to a normal person like me to have someone who's never played x and always played y...coaching x.

Sounds like we're getting some athletes though which is a good sign regardless of who's coaching them/recruiting them.

Coach Gattuso initially joined the Pitt staff as tight ends coach and recruiting coordinator in 2005. He was a nose guard on the defense in college. Most head coaches have to have at least some idea about all positions.

Except Bobbie Bowden Bowden is best known for coaching the Florida State Seminols from the 1976 to 2009 seasons. I saw him at several FB clinics over the years. The guys had NO clue whatever about most defensive positions. I saw him try to talk at a clinic about secondary guys - everybody was looking at each other wondering what the hell he was talking about!! He had GREAT coaches working for him though.

Edited by HOF2013

Had a great time on my official to Ualbany

Thomas Greaney 6' 6" 240 lbs. Lawrence Academy, Groton, Mass. https://twitter.com/thegreaney13 Official visit last weekend The only offer I see is from RI. Maybe he got one during the visit.

Shows him on a Massachusetts site as committed to RI BUT he just had an official visit so who knows. Tight End.

He just committed to Albany.

Edited by HOF2013

Looks like he originally commited to URI. If we're getting dudes to re-open their commits, I take it as a very good sign.

Thomas Greaney 6' 6" 240 lbs. https://twitter.com/thegreaney13/status/959483618136547328 Official visit last weekend The only offer I see is from RI. Maybe he got one during the visit.

Looks like he originally commited to URI. If we're getting dudes to re-open their commits, I take it as a very good sign.

Thomas Greaney 6' 6" 240 lbs. https://twitter.com/thegreaney13/status/959483618136547328 Official visit last weekend The only offer I see is from RI. Maybe he got one during the visit.

Yep - I saw it on a Mass site - RI committed - but like I said he just did an official visit last weekend!! Weird!!

Nothing on any of the official UA FB pages about Tyler Oedekoven but the Great 8 link. His mom posted that he would be signing on the 7th. They all have shared the Dev Holmes commitment though.

Official for the last few days!

Edited by HOF2013

http://www.goerie.com/sports/20180201/cathedral-prep-receiver-commits-to-albany

Here’s some more verification. Seems it’s only for America East though. Lol.

Nice - he's a good kid. If you have not done so watch is highlight videos. Really good and fast.

Edited by HOF2013

Thomas Greaney 6' 6" 240 lbs. Lawrence Academy, Groton, Mass. Made an official visit last week end. One of his buddies who 'follows' him on twitter congratulated him on his choice. Not sure what that means. Keeping it under wraps IF he has decided to come to Albany. He is / was a URI commit.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/thomas-greaney/cVnLQ2KHEea-8KA2nzwbTA/default.htm

Edited by HOF2013

I actually love this signing...just from everything I've read about him. Forget football, he seems like a great human being. I clicked over to this mother's twitter account from his...and what a supportive family.

Seems like a kid that, universally, all that have written about him have said the same thing: a lot of schools will wish they would have offered him.

He's fast...but doesn't seem insanely athletic...but that's ok. So many of these kids blossom in FCS programs.

Seems like we picked up two really quality kids at receiver in Tyler and Juwan Green.

Edited by Dane96

I actually love this signing...just from everything I've read about him. Forget football, he seems like a great human being. I clicked over to this mother's twitter account from his...and what a supportive family.

Seems like a kid that, universally, all that have written about him have said the same thing: a lot of schools will wish they would have offered him.

He's fast...but doesn't seem insanely athletic...but that's ok. So many of these kids blossom in FCS programs.

Seems like we picked up two really quality kids at receiver in Tyler and Juwan Green.

I agree but thought his athleticism was good, not great. He'll put on some weight - He and Dev Holmes WOW. My guess is that they will be red-shirted next season. Green is a Sophomore or Junior, I think, coming in from junior College - so he will start immediately. Still got a couple of good ones like McDonald - not sure about Diggs though.

Edited by HOF2013

Just picked up a couple of Lacrosse season tickets - 2nd deck near the 50 right where my FB tickets are located - GREAT view of things from up there.. My son played at UA but may not be able to attend most games. SO anyone interested let me know per game - may be a ticket available for some of them. Didn't have the game at my HS down in the Binghamton area but I would have played. GREAT game!

Not to sell, just to join me at a game!!!

Edited by HOF2013