UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2018 Albany Lacrosse Schedule

Just now, uofalbany said:

I had a thought about tough scheduling obstacles/weak opponents during conference season a while ago..... I passed along a thought to Marr.

Below was my email..... Any thoughts?  

"Coach,

.......... I had an idea that I thought I would share.... whether it's realistic or not.

Seeing that we might be up against the idea that teams are reluctant to schedule games
against UA now, and filling some time/slots might be more of a challenge..... I thought of this:

Seeing that you have started to created a pipeline from the native American nations, and building
that pipeline stronger would be nothing but fantastic.....  is it possible establish an annual scrimmage
in May against the Iroquois National team?   

This would be beneficial for a few reasons.  First, to throw in a tough game in May in preparations
for the NCAA tournament/ AE tourny....... Second, to continue to solidify the bond of UA and native American lacrosse.

Not sure of the rules/regulations involved with any of this, but thought I'd pass along the idea.

Here's to the upcoming, wildly successful season!"

Sounds good, until someone gets hurt in a game that doesn't count.

8 minutes ago, MRSGDG said:

Quick question, parking pass says the Stony Brook game is 7pm, but ticket website says 4pm..so I assume the time was changed at some point. Does anyone which time is the correct one?

Change must have happened recently. Women are at 1 that day. I would go with 4pm as a new time

21 hours ago, bob87 said:

Change must have happened recently. Women are at 1 that day. I would go with 4pm as a new time

Thanks! You would have thought that they would advertise a time change since people have already bought tickets but you know that's called communication LOL

22 hours ago, MRSGDG said:

Thanks! You would have thought that they would advertise a time change since people have already bought tickets but you know that's called communication LOL

Picked up my season tickets at the meet & greet. Tickets printed prior to season SAY 4pm. So change NOT recent. Interesting to note bingo tickets for Friday 4/23 say 1pm; but I did receive an email a while back noting the error. It is the Spring Stomp game and at 7PM.

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

Picked up my season tickets at the meet & greet. Tickets printed prior to season SAY 4pm. So change NOT recent. Interesting to note bingo tickets for Friday 4/23 say 1pm; but I did receive an email a while back noting the error. It is the Spring Stomp game and at 7PM.

Yes. I just looked at my ticket . Says 4. They also gave a flyer out today when parking that says 4.

Was told it was changed a while ago on request of the team from Southeastern NY who wants to get home earlier for Easter. ?

Also told a reminder email going out tomorrow

Well, time to digest the loss, and maybe we can laugh about it on Memorial Day.  Just checked Laxpower RPI and we still are #1 by .01 over Maryland.  We were up by .06 before loss.  A few things they need to do:

1)  get healthy  over next 13 days.  Assuming Fields and Reh did not have any secret surgery,  they should be ready.

2) beat Bing and Hartford to secure home field.   UVM, SB also have only 1 loss in AE but we beat them both to take any tie-breaker

3) beat Yale.  Good for confidence, also could get us back to a 1 seed if Maryland loses any game left

Edited by nysteve661

• 2 weeks later...