UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Terrible America East!

Apologies if this is redundant from other game posts. My feeling is that CB's notorious work routine through the first half of conference play caught up with this team. They've been moving like sloths in molasses. Maybe combined with some illness and general winter time blues. I know all teams get the latter 2 but I think CB is a real hard ass on conditioning later into the season than most. I just hope that, as has been the case, this will make these guys more ready than the rest at conference time.

Is it possible the AmEast is NOT as bad as everyone assumes? hart, unh, bingo and even maine (in the 2nd 1/2) played some very good basketball. Maybe it is time to give some due. Maybe UA is not as good as we think or maybe the league is better then expected. In all our loses we got out played; need some talent to outplay a good team {which I still believe UA is.} Maybe time to give credit where credit due? I would NOT be shocked if even vt ended with 3 or 4 loses. UA, unh, umbc and even bingo & hart [on a good day] are capable of beating vt.

• Like 3

The conference is ranked 24th of 32... It sucks ! We have teams with an RPI of 250, 270, 302, 326, 332.

Just because we are not playing well does not mean the conference does not suck. In fact I would say the conference sucks more now that our own RPI is falling .

The AE is a terrible basketball conference. Plain and simple . The proof is in the rankings.

Is it possible the AmEast is NOT as bad as everyone assumes? hart, unh, bingo and even maine (in the 2nd 1/2) played some very good basketball. Maybe it is time to give some due. Maybe UA is not as good as we think or maybe the league is better then expected. In all our loses we got out played; need some talent to outplay a good team {which I still believe UA is.} Maybe time to give credit where credit due? I would NOT be shocked if even vt ended with 3 or 4 loses. UA, unh, umbc and even bingo & hart [on a good day] are capable of beating vt.

Hartford has just been schizophrenic this year. They have some really bad losses but respectable wins against Rutgers and Miami of Ohio.

The middle of the conference a little more respectable than it has in the past. As you said, good enough beat anyone on a given night and certainly good enough to beat us the way we're playing now. Vermont will be interesting. They've opened with 3 of 4 conference games at home and their lone road game was UMass - Lowell.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know how much UA pays each year to be in the America Least?

I was searching the NYS Contract Reporter for a bid on a different topic, and I came across this one...

http://www.nyscr.ny.gov/adsArchive.cfm?numID=2005456

I was surprised to learn that Buffalo paid $100,000 to renew their membership in the Mid-American Athletic Conference (MAC). It doesn't say how long the renewal was for, but this purchase happened in 2014

Edited by godanesgo99

• 8 months later...

Go figure this out.  Sacred Heart is horrible this year including losses to AE doormats Umass-Lowell and Bing.  Tonight they just beat Hartford by 9.  Wasn't Hartford a top 2 team in AE this year? They always seem to disappoint  every year.  Must be the coaching.  😄

32 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Go figure this out.  Sacred Heart is horrible this year including losses to AE doormats Umass-Lowell and Bing.  Tonight they just beat Hartford by 9.  Wasn't Hartford a top 2 team in AE this year? They always seem to disappoint  every year.  Must be the coaching.  😄

I've been following Hartford... That's a program going nowhere. Gallagher gonna ghallager... They are aweful and graduate everyone. Bottom gonna fall out next season with one of the worst coaches in the ae after Dempsey. 

• Like 1