UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] Game #21: 1/18/18 - 7:00pm - vs UMass-Lowell (5th Annual Coaches Cure CF)

I'm not ready to jump off a bridge yet. How many days before the fire Will Brown calls start coming back. Jeesh. A $ienaty start to conference play yes, but do we really have this many fair weather fans?

At least wait till we get blown out by UVM to wave the white flag.

It's going to be a long long while me thinks... This steam has won 14 games... Lol... They have a shot to win 20 in regular season... The guy has years of good will and rightfully so.

Again... We've won 14 and we are all upset... Lol...

Someone (even the past) wanted Brown fired!? Boo that man!

Short memory. Even last March our resident manic-depressive Scrabbleship said the loss to UVM meant the clock has reached midnight for Will Brown. (He hasn’t posted since)

Remember it took him ten years or more to get his record up to .500. Lot of doubters even since then, eve after he got the rep for winning the tournament

• Like 1

I agree with you Clack in the macro sense (thanks to UA for my economics degree) when you look at record and your a casual fan but most of us on board view the team in a micro way by watching or attending all the games. We see the play of a veteran group led by all-conference players and you expect solid, efficient play with the ability to close out teams in 2nd half and we are not getting that. 3 and 3 and not even playing UVM yet is not where we should be and we can lose to anyone, any night. That will cost us home games in AE tourney and possibility to lose in quarters. CB may very well have the team peaking at tourney time, but the veteran group along with not really integrating many bench players, should not be this mediocre after 21 games(3-3 in past 6) to "work things out".

• Like 1

Short memory. Even last March our resident manic-depressive Scrabbleship said the loss to UVM meant the clock has reached midnight for Will Brown. (He hasn’t posted since)

Remember it took him ten years or more to get his record up to .500. Lot of doubters even since then, eve after he got the rep for winning the tournament

Funny stuff 72

Short memory. Even last March our resident manic-depressive Scrabbleship said the loss to UVM meant the clock has reached midnight for Will Brown. (He hasnt posted since)

Full disclosure and I'm a bit of a manic myself though working on it this year... But I wondered out loud probably 4 or 5 years ago if brown still had it. It was the stretch where we had I belive a 9 win season. So yeah... Boo me... Lol

That will cost us home games in AE tourney and possibility to lose in quarters. CB may very well have the team peaking at tourney time...

AE titles are nice and all...but they are also empty accolades, IMO, if we are constantly a low seed or in the play in game due to our crappy showings in conference play.

There is a good chance we won't have home court in any part of the AE tourney...disaster.

Edited by Eli

Short memory. Even last March our resident manic-depressive Scrabbleship said the loss to UVM meant the clock has reached midnight for Will Brown. (He hasnt posted since)

Full disclosure and I'm a bit of a manic myself though working on it this year... But I wondered out loud probably 4 or 5 years ago if brown still had it. It was the stretch where we had I belive a 9 win season. So yeah... Boo me... Lol

We remember. You've made great strides. 15-20 more years and you'll be mellow!

• Like 1

Lmao... I heard you last game... You were very "vocal" ;)

I find it hard to agree with that sentiment personally...

If we aspire for bigger and better things...6, 7, 8, 15 AE titles ain't gonna mean jack if we can't also get 12 seeds in the process and win some tournaments games.

Winning the AE with a 9-7 conference record (as we've done, what, 3 times?) only to face the #1 seed is the epitome of meaningless. IMO. This isn't 2006 anymore. That's why, IMO, these loses to start the conference schedule are brutal. Especially when you consider that there is a very real chance we lose the next 6 unless we get our $iena together. There is a real chance we finish the conference schedule below .500...that's scary.

Edited by Eli

Lmao... I heard you last game... You were very "vocal" ;)

Definitely in game. But after, it's just a game. Teams come and go, bad memories, great memories, the next ones are in front of us. I've learned to "Let it go". My dearly departed taught me that. I try to remember it.

• Like 1

If we aspire for bigger and better things...6, 7, 8, 15 AE titles ain't gonna mean jack if we can't also get 12 seeds in the process and win some tournaments games.

We all aspire for bigger and better things. AE titles and tournament appearances are one of the things that help you build. How did any of the Albany programs become better? They won "meaningless" AE titles which helped get them better recuits, etc.

• Like 2

Winning the AE with a 9-7 conference record (as we've done, what, 3 times?) only to face the #1 seed is the epitome of meaningless. IMO. This isn't 2006 anymore. That's why, IMO, these loses to start the conference schedule are brutal. Especially when you consider that there is a very real chance we lose the next 6 unless we get our $iena together. There is a real chance we finish the conference schedule below .500...that's scary.

As dp said... Winning the ae and dancing isn't meaningless... It's how you build a program, tradition, history of success that you then hope to parlay into better recruits, league etc.