UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

[MBB] AE Tourney Game #1: 3/3/18 - 7:00pm - vs Stony Brook

Eli

By the way...I'm sure we will hear in a tweet or an interview within the next 2-3 weeks that Brown doesn't read or care what the message board says. :huh:

I mean if the staff were to get butt hurt over this then he should never leave for a big time job anywhere. This is fluff compared to a Big 10 or ACC school where you have legit boosters breathing down your neck.

• Like 2

4 maybe 5 guys that can be rookie of the year??? LOL that is a bold statement. Going up against this years front court in practice equates to nothing in live game action. Just hope the Australians hit the weight room and grew an extra inch or two.

We are really only looking at Cremo, Campbell, and probably Conway as 100% locks to be back next year.

Not that bold IMHO

Healy was picked my many to be a ROY candidate this year, but redshirted. Very talented shooter and speedy.

Lulka is supposedly the most talented of the 3 Aussies and only redshirted because of injury.

DeSousa named #2 player in CT, putting up ridiculous numbers in a high level high school program, and has been called a steal

Rizzuto had way higher offers, and has major skills.

Hank is huge. Yes practicing against our bigs for a year might not equate to game situations, but he looked like he had a lot of potential in the PG game but was just raw.

I don't want to seem like I have Vermont like enthusiasm about the incoming talent, but there seriously is a lot to be excited about with those 5.

• Like 2

I know he will be a freshman, but it looks like we have the answer at the 3 with deSousa. It's not D1 competition, but he looks like he can step in and start next year. Right now we have at least 4 guys who could be ROY next year, ...- godanesgo99

Lets not start hyping the entire class of new players, lets see what they bring to the table. Every recruit at every school has good qualities or they probably wouldn't be recruited.

We need some bigs that can play right away.

There's definitely a lot to be excited about but I think we have to temper or Vermont like enthusiasm.

Edited by Patch
  • Like 4

I hope so. I just can not understand red shirting unless it is for a medical reason with the way kids transfer out today.

I don't mind redshirt used in him at the time... Then nichols hit a wall around Monmouth game and the wheel came off. At that time they had already blown a half a season of games for Healey... And they want to keep the ausies together. You really want to burn 2 years of this kid playing behind nichols and cremo? 10 minutes a game? He's more of a shooting guard anyway. Next year he and rizzuto will go 10-18 minutes a piece and be ready to take over for 3 years. I'm OK with that strategy. And I agree... The young talent in this program on paper is some of the more touted recruits we've ever had. 2 had verified a 10 offers from st Joe's and Duquesne... I know staff very high on lulka... Healey needs to work on defense but a very pure shooter.

We won't fall off next year... There is a lot of young but unproven talent. They will be surrounded by senior talent...

• Like 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf43yg9BKoG/

Sooooooooooo SB decided to hard core celebrate the win in the visitor locker room. This got me back to the anger level and then some after the calls they were getting/not getting (backcourt).

I need a baseball break from UA sports until CAA media day.

Good for them! Why shouldn’t they celebrate? They deserved the win.

Not the way they won. If it was a true blow out, I wouldn't be as mad. but the help from the zebras was inexcusable.

I know he will be a freshman, but it looks like we have the answer at the 3 with deSousa. It's not D1 competition, but he looks like he can step in and start next year. Right now we have at least 4 guys who could be ROY next year, ...- godanesgo99

Lets not start hyping the entire class of new players, lets see what they bring to the table. Every recruit at every school has good qualities or they probably wouldn't be recruited.

We need some bigs that can play right away.

There's definitely a lot to be excited about but I think we have to temper or Vermont like enthusiasm.

I think I even compared my comment to the UVM hype machine. I wasn't trying to hype them, just stating we had lots to look forward to.

• Like 1

Just for clarity, Ray Sanders was FAR from a shooter. He took maybe 3 three's a game...maybe made just over 30% of them.

Ray was, without question, a much better defender than Campbell...and a better dribbler.

I didn't mean he was the Iati's long-lost brother but he was capable of keeping defenses honest with his shooting. It's no coincidence that we had our best recent conference finishes while he was here. His first year was the most complete team we've had in a while - shooters on the perimeter, good defender and a post scorer (Sam) with some firepower off the bench (Dallas and Wheeler Baker) and reserve big guys (Stire and Mike Rowley.)

Some people were disappointed with our star players this year and questioned their leadership, etc while I was questioning why they didn't have more support. Maybe some of that issue was redshirting the Aussies. If that was a mistake, I'm glad it was a "mistake" made for the long-term health of the program.

Kind of funny thinking about Hartford. They're 19-12 and 11-5 in conference and their fans are happy and their coach is getting an extension. We're 22-10 and 10-6 in conference and almost everyone here is aggravated.

• Like 2

Sooooooooooo SB decided to hard core celebrate the win in the visitor locker room. This got me back to the anger level and then some after the calls they were getting/not getting (backcourt).

Doesn't matter. Their season is probably over by 9:15 p.m. Tuesday night.

• Like 2

Just for clarity, Ray Sanders was FAR from a shooter. He took maybe 3 three's a game...maybe made just over 30% of them.

Ray was, without question, a much better defender than Campbell...and a better dribbler.

I didn't mean he was the Iati's long-lost brother but he was capable of keeping defenses honest with his shooting. It's no coincidence that we had our best recent conference finishes while he was here. His first year was the most complete team we've had in a while - shooters on the perimeter, good defender and a post scorer (Sam) with some firepower off the bench (Dallas and Wheeler Baker) and reserve big guys (Stire and Mike Rowley.)

Some people were disappointed with our star players this year and questioned their leadership, etc while I was questioning why they didn't have more support. Maybe some of that issue was redshirting the Aussies. If that was a mistake, I'm glad it was a "mistake" made for the long-term health of the program.

Kind of funny thinking about Hartford. They're 19-12 and 11-5 in conference and their fans are happy and their coach is getting an extension. We're 22-10 and 10-6 in conference and almost everyone here is aggravated.

Our standard are much higher after 5 ncaa trips... We play for championships while their 19 wins is a program record I belive. The record isn't whats aggravating... How they squander talent and showed up every other game eats at me big time. Gonna take me a while to get over this season. They had talent to make a run...and they fell flat on their face. Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

Doesn't matter. Their season is probably over by 9:15 p.m. Tuesday night.
Classic win win... One of them is going to lose.. Edited by Clickclack

Why do some people think Nichols might not be back?? Where do you think he is going to go?? He is not a 5th year senior or a grad student; and would have to sit a year, unless you think he might transfer down?? If you are on the list thinking he might not be back, please be more specific/justify please?? NOT saying you are wrong, just do not understand your reasoning and/or did I miss something in Nichiols' academic status?

Edited by dslyank

Why do some people think Nichols might not be back?? Where do you think he is going to go?? He is not a 5th year senior or a grad student; and would have to sit a year, unless you think he might transfer down?? If you are on the list thinking he might not be back, please be more specific/justify please?? NOT saying you are wrong, just do not understand your reasoning and/or did I miss something in Nichiols' academic status?

My understanding is he is technically graduating in 3 years, very bright kid. I think that presents an interesting conundrum as a college graduate, not sure how NCAA would rule on his eligibility...