UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Number 1. Curse or not? We are the first SUNY School ever to be ranked #1 in ANYTHING!

Hope it is not a curse of some kind!! The kids got to keep playing with abandon!

Edited by HOF2013

SBU Women are #1 in LAX as well. Which poll came out first? I want to make sure we are the first ever!

The NCAA men's poll announcement was at 8:45 ET

https://www.ncaa.com/sports/lacrosse-men/d1

the women at 10:16 ET

https://www.ncaa.com/sports/lacrosse-women/d1

On the Inside Lacrosse site, men's poll was at 8:01, women at 9:30

They're also selling t-shirts, $14.95 for Youth, $19.95 for Adult, XL and XXL sold out

5a70d98559d1c.jpg

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/store/products?pid=75

Edited by UAalum72

I think the attitude around the team is that they are still the red head step children of Div I lacrosse.

Good to hear. The huge difference last year and this is Ierlan at faceoff AND the entire Defense is better, stronger and getting bigger and faster. Not being pushed around anymore. Closing off the front of the net most times. Of course if the other team doesn't possess the ball they don't have the opportunity to score. Teams are gonna start POUNDING Ierlan. Wings gotta really be strong going forward, especially against Maryland and Yale.

Also, glad to see a freshman faceoff in there some AND the freshman goalkeeper. The soph who played last year seems to be third now.

Edited by HOF2013

The sophomore goalie had been injured but don't know his current health status. Three talented goalies behind JD and two solid freshmen FOGO's to spell TD as well.

I love Perla at close and thought he could have seen more action last year. He is a nice, physical and athletic addition at close defense.

If Troy is hurt he isn't showing it, but I agree we will need to be very solid at LSM and the entire rope unit will have to be ready because teams are going to start pounding TD.

The sophomore goalie had been injured but don't know his current health status. Three talented goalies behind JD and two solid freshmen FOGO's to spell TD as well.

I love Perla at close and thought he could have seen more action last year. He is a nice, physical and athletic addition at close defense.

If Troy is hurt he isn't showing it, but I agree we will need to be very solid at LSM and the entire rope unit will have to be ready because teams are going to start pounding TD.

I didn't know he was hurt. Good to see the number we have at those positions! Great depth for the future! It will be a war at FO the rest of the season. I think Stone Sims had the takeout and got a BS call the other day? Destroyed someone - got called for unnecessary roughness. Not girls lacrosse!!!!

They are all a lot bigger !

Edited by HOF2013

They had the concessions open last Saturday and had Great Dane merchandise for sale just like at the FB games - Lacrosse Shirts and other stuff!!

Edited by HOF2013

Don't get the TU except Th-Sun - can't open it to read it unless I get a subscription - not gonna happen so I guess I lose!

What happened to Zack Ornstein? Saw a tweet that he said he could start playing lacrosse again in a few months. Hurt? No longer on roster though

What happened to Zack Ornstein? Saw a tweet that he said he could start playing lacrosse again in a few months. Hurt? No longer on roster though

Seen it happen on FB and BB too - kids are on scholarship and see the handwriting on the wall. Others who are better join the program and they leave. Couple of FB players did it two years ago and this year and at least one is leaving for another - lower level school for next year. All scholarship kids.

I think the attitude around the team is that they are still the red head step children of Div I lacrosse.

The huge difference last year and this is Ierlan at faceoff AND the entire Defense is better, stronger and getting bigger and faster. Not being pushed around anymore. Closing off the front of the net most times. Of course if the other team doesn't possess the ball they don't have the opportunity to score. Teams are gonna start POUNDING Ierlan. Wings gotta really be strong going forward, especially against Maryland and Yale.

Also, glad to see a freshman faceoff in there some AND the freshman goalkeeper. The soph who played last year seems to be third now.

You made some serious points there. Ierlan and the upgraded defense is what takes us to the final four and beyond.

THAT is what we've been missing over the years.

There's very few that can match Ierlan. When we go up against someone like Baptiste, we need to have a defense that's stout

to limit the opponent's scoring.

The Maryland game should be interesting.

From NCAA.com:

"1. The Great Danes are ablaze

We begin, as we did last week, with the best team in the country: Albany, the medicine-bringers. The purple-and-yellow people eaters are making it very clear who has the best offense in the nation, and considering what they did to Syracuse in the season opener, they might be the most well-rounded team as well.

The Danes took an unreal 16-2 lead over Drexel in the first half and coasted to an 18-5 win, with Connor Fields taking the role of the aggressor against the Dragons. Fields finished with nine points, one shy of his career high, including an outrageous seven assists. Freshman wizard Tehoka Nanticoke kept things rolling in his second career outing with a hat trick and a pair of assists, as did Justin Reh.

Oh, and goaltender J.D. Colarusso only allowed two goals in the first 45 minutes of the game before stepping out of the net.

Oh, and T.D. Ierlan has won 37 of his first 43 faceoffs this season.

RELATED: Goaltender goal leads top plays of the week

Absolutely everything is going right for the Danes, making them the team to fear for now. Their next test is a visiting Cornell squad on Saturday."