UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

All Conference Teams

Wow Nichols not even on the third team??

Feel like that was a snub. Has that ever happened before from 1st team to none of the all conference teams the following year?

Hoping he uses this as motivation for Saturday and beyond.

Edited by UA'08
  • Like 3

Feel like that was a snub. Has that ever happened before from 1st team to none of the all conference teams the following year?

Didn't want be the first to bring that up for the sake of not wanting this community to come at me with pitch forks again and posters no one knows feeling the need to link to Urban Dictionary :lol: .

• Like 1

Should have been on third team at least... Numbers good enough. Feels like something else going on or a message being sent or something.

Should have been on third team at least... Numbers good enough. Feels like something else going on or a message being sent or something.
Very surprising

If youre going to factor in winning for player of the year, shouldnt that also apply to the rest of the all conference teams???

How in the world are Leisener and Thomas 1st Team all conference? The co-coach of the year is obviously an attempt to save Gallaghers job.

The co-coach of the year is obviously an attempt to save Gallaghers job.

Normally I would agree with this statement, but how can you not praise him with the season they had vs. expectations. Some people predicted them #9 in the conference.

I agree that Gallagher should receive some recognition for the unexpectedly good season he has had. I just find it a little ironic that Hartford has won or shared Coach of the Year awards twice within recent years. (Was Harrison the other Hartford coach?) And Coach Brown has won the award only once in his 17 years at UA with five trips to the NCAA's. No, he didn't deserve the award this year, but in other years maybe so.

It amazes me everyone knows that David is the guy who when he plays well we play well but when it comes to All AE he gets screwed!!!!!! No one should have to plead Davids case his numbers speak for themself. He deserve to be on one of the three teams. I think it's other coaches holding back trying to protect their own players.

Edited by Patch
  • Like 3

It amazes me everyone knows that David is the guy who when he plays well we play well but when it comes to All AE he gets screwed!!!!!! No one she have to plead Davids case his numbers speak for themself. He deserve to be on one of the three teams. I think it's other coaches hold back trying to protect their own players.

You can vote your own guys?

It amazes me everyone knows that David is the guy who when he plays well we play well but when it comes to All AE he gets screwed!!!!!! No one she have to plead Davids case his numbers speak for themself. He deserve to be on one of the three teams. I think it's other coaches hold back trying to protect their own players.

You can vote your own guys?

Can't vote for your own guys

I posted this on the AE board...

Nichols definitely had a down year, but when you look at his stats he probably deserved second team, at the very least 3rd team. Definitely a snub...

These 2 stat lines dont look all that different:

Player 1: 14.8 ppg 4.2 rpg 3.4 apg 1.1 stealpg 0.2 blockspg

Player 2: 14.9ppg 4.3 rpg 3.9 apg 1.1 stealpg 0.1 blockpg

Yes player 2 was pretty much better across the board, but they are all within range range of one good game changing the leader. Both play the same position.

Player 2 was the CPOY, and player 1 wasn't even on the 3rd team?

First off, congrats to Travis and Joe. It's awesome to see Travis get the recognition. Joe has been so good for long, I almost take him for granted.

I also think these awards are a product of preseason expectations. If Hartford were picked 2,3 or 4 in the preseason, there's no way Gallagher gets Coach of the Year for finishing third. The same applies to David. Expectations were really high at the beginning of the year (preseason all conference) and he struggled, especially early in the conference season.

As UA08 posted, hopefully it's motivation for making the all tournament team.

• Like 1

What numbers is everyone seeing? He has NOT been good this year except for a few games. Most of his numbers are down and he's playing virtually the same minutes per game (33.7) as last year.

The advanced metrics are pretty telling. He was NOT a top AE player this year no matter how much people talk him up or pat him on the back. The few games he did great this year were an exception, not the rule.

Last year:
----------

FG%: 44.3%
2PT %: 47.4%
3PT %: 35.4%
True shooting percentage: 51.7%
Offensive Win/Share: 2.2
Defensive Win/Share: 1.6
Win/Share: 3.8
Win/Share per 40 min: 12.9%
Player Efficiency Rating: 18.7
3pt Attempt Rate: 25.7%

This year:
----------

FG%: 40.4%
2PT %: 42%
3PT %: 37.7%
True shooting percentage: 50.8%
Offensive Win/Share: 1.5
Defensive Win/Share: 1.5
Win/Share: 3.0
Win/Share per 40 min: 11.5%
Player Efficiency Rating: 15.4
3pt Attempt Rate: 37% (!!!!!!!!!!!! You remember those heat check shots I've been
posting about every game? BAM! TAKE ANOTHA! Only a marginal increase in % but
a boatload of more attempts....)

Come on folks...I don't know what you folks are clamorin for/about. He doesn't even pass the eye test on good/bad shot attempts most games. Most of them are ill-advised or forced.

Hopefully he can string together at least one good AE tourney game (preferably against VT) and figure out what happened this year and do better next year.

Edited by Eli

His numbers in a vacuum are 2nd team... This was a clear snub so much so that I have to wonder what else factored into decision. This was a screw job.