UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lacrosse at Maryland (3/10/18 - 12 PM)

#1 vs. #2...this should be pretty epic.

Broadcast: Big Ten Network

Maryland Record:

5-0

2/10 - vs Navy, W 10-4

2/13 - vs Marist, W 13-7

2/17 - @ High Point, W 16-14

2/21 - vs Penn, W 13-6

3/3 - vs. Notre Dame, W 12-10

Top Offensive Players:

Connor Kelly - 13 G, 15 A, 28 Pts

Jared Bernhardt - 15 G, 8 A, 23 Pts

Logan Wisnauskas - 13 G, 3 A, 16 Pts

Tim Rotanz - 8 G, 6 A, 14 Pts

Goalie Stats
Dan Morris - 53 saves, 40 GA, 57% Save%

• Like 1

Logan Wisnauskas is a transfer from Cuse and is very good. As typical, UMD has a entire starting attack of guys that would be #1 guys at other schools. The question is, does the UA defense have it in them to play a full game and does Gleason have the adjustments needed. Last year's QFinal got out of hand because of the inability of UA to stop Rambo dodging from up top

I didn't understand last year's plan. I LOVE Dluhy, but I still don't know what Coach Gleason was thinking on that matchup. This year Maryland is quicker rather than big and strong on at attack from a dodging sense so I think that helps a bit.

JD is a solid goalie. The one thing I have noticed over the last two years is that his weak spot seems to be outside shots from the offense's top left. That is right where Connor Kelly likes to rip from. In the Cornell game and yesterday the outside shots that were made were almost all when the defense IMO helped too early and allowed easy skip passes to the top left and allowed more or less uncontested shots from 10-12 yards. For whatever reason JD seems to be much much better when guys are shooting from the other side.

Shockey will be a real test for TD. I think it will be closer to 50/50 so iI don't expect a lot of make it take it, and you have to give the advantage to Maryland in terms of the entire face-off unit.

Overall I think UA matches up better with this Maryland team than last year's team.

As Coach Marr said man up still has to improve and I would like to see Maryland score a goal or two to prove that they can win the one on one matchups before we start helping. That seems to me when we create too many scoring opportunities for the other team.

This game all depends on which UA offense efficiency team show up. Marr mentions it all the time. Is it the offense from Cornell game where we win all 24 FO's but basically have 7 goals in 57 min or the offense from Drexel and Umass that put the ball in net with very few offensive TO's and hard, accurate shots. We lose with the former, win with the latter. TD may only win 60%. He struggled last game vs Maryland. I don't want us to get blown out giving the naysayers fuel on fire nor I dont want them to lose on a buzzer beater ruining a possible perfect season that could have been. So boys, JUST WIN!!

I think the best thing after a flat game against a much improved Cornell team was to get back on the horse and wallop UMass.

As you said still need more efficiency on offense. I think the close defenders are doing a very good job on their 1 on I matchups. I would love to see a shot chart, but I bet the vast majority of the goals UA has given up are outside shots or alley dodges where either the LSM or SSDM gave the offensive guy too easy of a run.

The weather was pretty crummy. No dough the routine and practice schedule was disrupted leading into Cornell and Marr as much as said the first game as the #1 team was a distraction. They all did a great job of getting it done, and that sort of game will make them a lot better in May then if they had just rolled them.

#1 vs. #2...this should be pretty epic.

Broadcast: Big Ten Network

https://www.btn2go.com/game/albany-at-maryland-on-03102018

You have to have a cable package that has this channel to watch the game either on their site or after the fact as a replace. Just chatted with their support.

Looks like I'll be missing this as I won't be able to go anywhere at noon as I have other things to do...was hoping to watch at like 5-6PM.

This game all depends on which UA offense efficiency team show up. Marr mentions it all the time. Is it the offense from Cornell game where we win all 24 FO's but basically have 7 goals in 57 min or the offense from Drexel and Umass that put the ball in net with very few offensive TO's and hard, accurate shots. We lose with the former, win with the latter. TD may only win 60%. He struggled last game vs Maryland. I don't want us to get blown out giving the naysayers fuel on fire nor I dont want them to lose on a buzzer beater ruining a possible perfect season that could have been. So boys, JUST WIN!!

He struggled the second game with Maryland big time and said early on this year that he thought about that the entire off season. I think he'll be ready. I think AlbanyFan2018 may be right but weren't a couple of shots yesterday from the right or center rather than the left?