UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lacrosse at Maryland (3/10/18 - 12 PM)

Massey rates MD #1 based on their #1 defense and #4 offense vs our #13 D and #1 O. We still have a 41% chance of winning. The rest of the season we are favored 64% over Yale and no worse than 86% over anybody else.

#13 Defense?? Still no respect!

Edited by HOF2013

Massey rates MD #1 based on their #1 defense and #4 offense vs our #13 D and #1 O. We still have a 41% chance of winning. The rest of the season we are favored 64% over Yale and no worse than 86% over anybody else.

We’re third in goals against, but Massey ranks “Defensive power for prevent opponent from scoring”. I didn’t see what his formula is, assume he adjusts for strength of schedule or opponent’s offense

#1 vs. #2...this should be pretty epic.

Broadcast: Big Ten Network

https://www.btn2go.com/game/albany-at-maryland-on-03102018

You have to have a cable package that has this channel to watch the game either on their site or after the fact as a replace. Just chatted with their support.

Looks like I'll be missing this as I won't be able to go anywhere at noon as I have other things to do...was hoping to watch at like 5-6PM.

I will call my cable company in the morning and order the sports package that adds the Big Ten Network. It's $10 for a month but then I will call later at night and cancel that package and they will prorate the fee of $10 per month to one day so it will cost very little. Call your cable company and ask them if they prorate fees for packages if they are canceled before the end of the full month.

We’re third in goals against, but Massey ranks “Defensive power for prevent opponent from scoring”. I didn’t see what his formula is, assume he adjusts for strength of schedule or opponent’s offense

I should think that a lot of it has to do with scores per possessions. That would seem to be a more fair way. UA does ok on Total goals because of a high powered offense, time of possession and FO. I could be dead wrong.

How much of that #13 ranking is based on the 2nd team being in there for half of the Drexel game and 1/3 of the UMass game. They gave up 5 goals in the 4th against Umass with the 2nd team in there.

I should think that a lot of it has to do with scores per possessions. That would seem to be a more fair way. UA does ok on Total goals because of a high powered offense, time of possession and FO. I could be dead wrong.

These will always be tough games. Our offense can score against any team in the country and our FO guy is good enough to not cost us a game due to ineffectiveness and brilliant enough to give us a huge advantage. I do worry about the D wearing down on a more even FO battle. I don’t think anyone would deny that the top big time lax schools are loaded with 4/5* players. MD’s second team is deeper. That’s what always concerns me.

You have to have a cable package that has this channel to watch the game either on their site or after the fact as a replace. Just chatted with their support.

Looks like I'll be missing this as I won't be able to go anywhere at noon as I have other things to do...was hoping to watch at like 5-6PM.

I will call my cable company in the morning and order the sports package that adds the Big Ten Network. It's $10 for a month but then I will call later at night and cancel that package and they will prorate the fee of $10 per month to one day so it will cost very little. Call your cable company and ask them if they prorate fees for packages if they are canceled before the end of the full month.

NM

Edited by dslyank

My issue is I need this game be replayable as I'll be busy at the time and won't be around so whether or not I have the package (I don't have DVR) won't help me unfortunately.

I hope we crush em though!

Maryland has played nobody yet!! So strength of schedule can't be an objective criteria if he uses that.

These will always be tough games. Our offense can score against any team in the country and our FO guy is good enough to not cost us a game due to ineffectiveness and brilliant enough to give us a huge advantage. I do worry about the D wearing down on a more even FO battle. I don’t think anyone would deny that the top big time lax schools are loaded with 4/5* players. MD’s second team is deeper. That’s what always concerns me.

I worry about the same things Jimbo - Not sure the depth is that different any more though - don't really know. Our guys are getting a lot of work in many games so they will improve as the season goes one.

I can't wait to see what we do against a title contender like Maryland. With all due respect to Syracuse, I think they are still a year away from a trip to MDW. Although, that win looks even better with each passing Syracuse victory.

The battle I am most looking forward to is........ coaching staffs. I think the world of Liam and Merrick in terms of X's and O's, and obviously Marr does a great job of being the CEO -- motivation, etc., however, it is a fact that they got out-coached against Tillman and crew in the quarterfinals. Simple things like moving Rambo to up top to let him dodge downhill and use his unique size/quickness ratio absolutely killed us and we had no adjustment for it.

Let's Go SUNY!

Mark SingelaisVerified account @MarkSingelais 20h20 hours ago

.@UAlbanyMLax faceoff standout TD Ierlan estimated he's gone through about 15 lacrosse sticks since fall ball. "I'm sure Coach doesn't really like it. It kind of kills the budget." Would imagine Scott Marr doesn't mind too much with Ierlan winning 86.7 percent this season.

0 replies 4 retweets 22 likes
Sounds like BPF needs to setup a gofundme page to get the team some more of those magic faceoff crosses for TD!

The team is loose leading up to MD game. Stone Sims is expected to play. Connor Kelly had ten points vs. Notre Dame last week. Attendance was 4103, could be more this week.

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-lacrosse-meets-Maryland-in-top-2-showdown-12741698.php

Ierlan is using last year's loss as motivation. He's at 86.7%, the NCAA Division I record is 77.6 by Towson's Mark Goers in 1994.

https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/UAlbany-s-TD-Irelan-looks-to-turn-tables-on-12739707.php