UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lacrosse at Maryland (3/10/18 - 12 PM)

I have to defer to our more knowledgeable laxperts....did UA make any adjustments to turn things around in the 4th or was it just a case of TD figuring out his opponent, getting hot and the O catching fire as a result? Nanticoke wasn't much of a factor on the stat board, but he did draw attention away from the other attackers. Only three players scored and none were named Tehoka.. So what does an opponent do now? Double all three? Can't do that.

I have to defer to our more knowledgeable laxperts....did UA make any adjustments to turn things around in the 4th or was it just a case of TD figuring out his opponent, getting hot and the O catching fire as a result? Nanticoke wasn't much of a factor on the stat board, but he did draw attention away from the other attackers. Only three players scored and none were named Tehoka.. So what does an opponent do now? Double all three? Can't do that.

TD starting getting the faceoffs PLUS the Offense started moving the balls around. Saw a couple of cool things - mentioned by the commentators in the review, Attackmen moving across the box and pulling defenders with them allowing Fields to be free. The doubles and slides to triple him and Nantickoe allowed Patterson and McClancy free in one on one with a short stick defender too. Defense stopped Maryland from getting guys open at 10 yards in the box. They slid many times to double and miscommunicated and didn't get back to cover. Corrected this I think. Held Maryland to zero goals in the 4th quarter! Nanticoke was taught a lesson today I hope. He HAS TO MOVE - maybe that was the goal - let them beat him up and free up others. he also can not be slow. Got beat on at least one backup where he had the spot but let the Maryland defender out hustle him.

• Like 1

From what I saw, JD definitely saw the ball better in 2nd half and some of the shots were much easier to handle (kinda like the shots we were taking in 1st half). TD figured out Shockey and was able to get clean pickups. The whole team hustled better on ground balls in 2nd half. Tehoka was man-handled all game but he is big boy and needs to push back. Surprised Justin Reh has been quiet most of season. NO letdown vs UVM!!

Announcers said JD was cheating low and MD kept shooting low, never adjusted

Yeah I heard that, Not sure though. Have to re-watch that to see. It worked though!

From what I saw, JD definitely saw the ball better in 2nd half and some of the shots were much easier to handle (kinda like the shots we were taking in 1st half). TD figured out Shockey and was able to get clean pickups. The whole team hustled better on ground balls in 2nd half. Tehoka was man-handled all game but he is big boy and needs to push back. Surprised Justin Reh has been quiet most of season. NO letdown vs UVM!!

Absolutely!

I was able to leave later than I thought and got to watch the game live on TV and then on the app in the car. Just an awesome win in the road against the defending national champs! So happy for the team and coaches. JD and TD steeped up big late in the game and Fields last goal it felt like he held the ball for a full minute trying to find his shot. Amazing!

As for Tehoka, I think Maryland tried and succeeded in denying him the ball at all costs. I think that was their game plan which shows an amazing amount of respect for a freshman. Heck they were face guarding him even when he was at midfield away from the play. At one point the announcers even said UA wanted a penalty because they were not allowing him to move freely without the ball. I don't know the rule on that but they played him tough as hell.

Just a great win! So happy!