UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Lacrosse vs Vermont 3/17/2018 3 PM

4 for 5 with man-up, but against a team that I doubt will be top 20 for long; but a man-up improvement nevertheless. A few bad passes; 2 or 3 by Patterson {but perhaps he can be forgiven considering he scored 7 goals and did get his first assist of the season.} Overall UA played a masterful game. Took vt to the cleaners in ALL aspects. Most impressed with our D and "RIDE", even considering we scored 21 (which could have been easily 4 or 5 more.) Was pretty suspicious of of vt's rankings coming in and we would have handled them without such an aggressive ride, but I am thrilled over the team's focus and effort and NOT taking vt or anyone lightly. Call out to our 2nd & 3rd stings against vt's. #1s, for continuing the lesson.  Davis Diamond continues to impress whenever he gets minutes.

ps 17G 10A not too shabby so far for Tehoka even with a few FRESHMAN mistakes and some obvious misfires on shots. I am pretty sure HE WILL get better.

Edited by dslyank

21 hours ago, Dane96 said:

UVM is being simpy outclassed...and they aren't playing terrible defense.

Scary thing is, I still don't believe we've played particularly well...careless with the ball, not moving, tough forced passes, etc. 

My son was saying how impressed he is watching Nanticoke  live again - tremendous stick skills!  They slide to double team him and he's holding the ball a little long - then bam they triple him and he's having trouble getting the ball out [ as Fields does too] and anyone with a triple does].  That is causing the turnovers got to learn to get rid of the ball a little quicker.  I am certain he has been told to shoot.  He is just missing some.  He will be fine.  When he learns to get rid of it sooner, the doubles and triples will come back to haunt the other teams - and we saw a little of that. 

1 hour ago, AlbanyFan2018 said:

Agree on Tehoka. He is handling the spotlight with a lot of humility. My only nit pick is get the ball out a little quicker on those double teams.

Absolutely - he's holding a little long and allowing a slide to a triple team, Almost impossible to get a pass off then.  He is doing fine - Freshman typically against top 'stud' long stick D guy from the other team.