UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

13 minutes ago, B9j2j6s said:

Relax, take a breath.  Realize that UMBC loses a ton to graduation and doubt Odom makes it past the final four as their coach.

This. If him winning the AE in 2 years wasn't enough impetus, him setting history as the first team to beat a #1 will  have people stalking him at home. Dude is good as gone from UMBC unless he is happy there like Brown is at UA and doesn't care about other opportunities (per se).

3 minutes ago, Eli said:

This. If him winning the AE in 2 years wasn't enough impetus, him setting history as the first team to beat a #1 will  have people stalking him at home. Dude is good as gone from UMBC unless he is happy there like Brown is at UA and doesn't care about other opportunities (per se).

I would pay an insane wage to get him to UA. At least he has a track record now.

UMBC didn't need this. At least Annapolis stays out of public education. We need this because its our best shot at exposure and fame.

SportsCenter tweeted after the game about how Albany soundly beat UMBC a few weeks ago and it has been retweeted and liked thousands of times since. UMBC’s huge accomplishment is bringing recognition to our program too, and it’s great for the conference as a whole!!

Edited by madDOG
  • Like 4

And I slept through it all. Gobsmacked! Congrats UMBC! One article I read said that their second half was about at the horizon of perfection for the sport of basketball. That’s what it takes for a 16 to take down a 1. That, plus the 1 having an off night in all respects. Incredible. 

4 hours ago, madDOG said:

SportsCenter tweeted after the game about how Albany soundly beat UMBC a few weeks ago and it has been retweeted and liked thousands of times since. UMBC’s huge accomplishment is bringing recognition to our program too, and it’s great for the conference as a whole!!

I want those 44 points back. Salt in the wound.

I’m sure the NCAA is loving a umbc/ub sweet 16 matchup lol. Tickets will be hot!

Great for tv, but I’m sure they are hating this now.

With possibly two more coaches in the America east set to leave, coach Brown could once again be the only coach with any NCAA appearances. This is not a good thing. I’m happy he and his family are set financially, but at our level I’d rather have coaches plucked away because of their success and the program become a stepping stone. Coach just seems too comfortable and pretty much is untouchable whether or not we get to the tournament for the next 10 years. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

I’m sure the NCAA is loving a umbc/ub sweet 16 matchup lol. Tickets will be hot!

With possibly two more coaches in the America east set to leave, coach Brown could once again be the only coach with any NCAA appearances. This is not a good thing. I’m happy he and his family are set financially, but at our level I’d rather have coaches plucked away because of their success and the program become a stepping stone. Coach just seems too comfortable and pretty much is untouchable whether or not we get to the tournament for the next 10 years. 

I like the stability. I don't like cycling through coaches every 2-5 yrs. How often does a coach come in and win in their first 1-2 yrs? They need time to get the program to where they want it.  UVM has been lucky with that but for every UVM you have a ton of Sienas. How has being a stepping stone worked out for them recently?  You make a mistake and you are screwed for years.

We know we have an excellent coach who has a strong history of winning.  I'm sure there will be ups and downs but should be more ups than downs. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, scrabbleship said:

I am so disappointed right now.

Why couldn't we have beaten SB?

Why couldn't we have beaten UConn back in 2006?

Why couldn't we have beaten UVA back in 2007?

Why couldn't we have beaten Duke back in 2013 or Florida in 2014?

UMBC just undid a dozen years of achievement for our program. We look like garbage compared to them right now and frankly we're mentally back in the Scott Beeten era now. We maybe are the #4 team in the AE in perpetuity thanks to this.

What a stupid post... 

10 hours ago, Eli said:

He is gone... His dad runs one of the bigger search agencies... 

56 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Honestly, WB has been great and the sudden hatred coming from that troll, then the agreement of normal fans is sad.

Long term, I hope that when WB is gone, be it 3 years from now or 20 years from now, UA becomes a place that is chasing the hot up and comers from stepping stone schools instead of the other way around.

• Like 1