UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UALBANY Women's Basketball in WNIT

WNIT is not an NCAA event, its owned and run by Triple Crown Sports of Colorado.

Pairings obviously done for travel. If strict RPI were used for seeds, we wouldve been #7 but are playing #1 Penn. 4 seed Duquesne plays 6 Miami O, but 14 St Joseph gets 13 Seton Hall.

Edited by UAalum72

Go Women Great Danes .... 7 years in a tournament!!! ... worth shouting about .... Great Job ... Coach Mac ...

Agree on all points!

Still disappointed men not going to 6 STRAIGHT TOURNAMENTS! Still feel in a one bid conference any tournament is a REWARD. Still feel by declining you are telling recruits, get to the ncaa or you are garbage {maybe a bit too strong, but I still do not like the message declining a tournament represents.}

• Like 2

Go Women Great Danes .... 7 years in a tournament!!! ... worth shouting about .... Great Job ... Coach Mac ...

Agree on all points!

Still disappointed men not going to 6 STRAIGHT TOURNAMENTS! Still feel in a one bid conference any tournament is a REWARD. Still feel by declining you are telling recruits, get to the ncaa or you are garbage {maybe a bit too strong, but I still do not like the message declining a tournament represents.}

Would've been 7 for the men as well. CIT, NCAA, NCAA, NCAA, CBI, CIT..then decline for cost. Does make it a bit odd that they're highlighting the now 7 straight trips for the women..when put in that context.

Agree on all points!

Would've been 7 for the men as well. CIT, NCAA, NCAA, NCAA, CBI, CIT..then decline for cost. Does make it a bit odd that they're highlighting the now 7 straight trips for the women..when put in that context.

Could have been more too it than just cost. Maybe the team took a vote?

UTRGV is 15-17 and playing in the CBI. Why should any team with that record be in any postseason tournament.

CIT games that were broadcast on CBSSN on Monday I would have been down for. Any national TV game no matter the day or time is good.

Edited by UA'08

I don't think it takes too much reading into the statement from the university to understand it was cost. Also fits the MO from the Athletics Department in recent years..good or bad.

Not sure what UTRGV's record has to do with UAlbany not playing in the postseason..but I agree with you. One of the good things..in my opinion..about the CIT is that you can't be below .500. CBI allows sub .500 teams..like UTRGV this year and Siena a few years ago. Also happen to believe that teams with losing conference records shouldn't be eligible for the NCAA Tournament at-large bids. But that's a discussion for another thread! :)

• Like 1

In the women's game tonight I noticed that Penn committed twice as many fouls as UA (18-9), but Penn shot more than twice as many fouls as UA (31-14) despite UA's slightly better foul shooting percentage (77-79%). Did anyone watch the game who can explain this anomaly to me?