UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Don't know why I was nervous after 4-1, the boys woke up.  Marr needs to use this as a learning tool.  Let the team know that coming out flat against Canisius will not work against a Denver or a Duke or a Maryland in an NCAA tourney game.  Those teams will not let us score 13 straight.  

Not sure who keeps stats on FO.  No way TD lost 4 today.  I saw one.  There were a couple where he had control and got knocked down from behind and lost the ball - NOT a lost face off - thus my previous comment.  Refs were lousy today.  FINALLY called a couple of pushes at the end of the game!!

Edited by HOF2013

Just got back from the game. UA started out a step slow and shooting poorly. There was one rebound off the pipe that went past the center line. Coach called a TO and it was all over. They were scoring almost at will. The FO guy that started for Canisius had a good clamp and was a big dude. In the second half there was an out of bounds awarded to us and then the ref reversed it. Marr screamed at the ref and used a bad, but very popular term. Then he ragged on the ref for the rest of the game. He was justified. Not a big crowd...lots of old retired dudes like me. Not terrible weather...hot chocolate tasted great.  I was behind the Griffs bench and they had some good cheers going...nice way to stay in the game. They were feeling pretty good up 4-1 and then the roof caved in on them. Could have been a worse butt whooping if Marr wanted it to be.  Our #2 goalie does a good impression of a sieve. 

I heard Coach Marr yell at the ref too - he was right.  Like I said above - Not sure what they were there for - that happened at least 3 times that I saw.  Also there were NO calls for push from behind and it happened a lot - several times on TD..  We got called three times when our defenders were pushed [ and knocked off their feet] into the crease, and called for being in the crease.  

• Thanks 1

Canisius coaches must have seen something because their initial trio of goals were basically carbon copies from what I could see. Once UA adjusted and the D began to engage the attacker earlier in their run, it ended. 

I mentioned the Canisius bench cheers before. One of their coaches would yell “goal on 3!” And immediately “123 GOAL!” By the whole team.  It generated some noise from their side. I’ve never heard that before and thought it was good. Their team was whooping it up for a while until the reality of the situation set in and they could not slow down our attack. I didn’t see any chippy play or cheap shots. 

Everone see that bull rush by Tehoka? He looked like a boulder rolling down hill. Took out a couple of D men and the net.  

• Like 1

Marr was not happy at all about the refs - he mentioned in an interview that we get a LOT of penalties against us by other teams - trying to take out # 1 I guess.  The refs were non-existent yesterday.  When the have very sketchy calls - at least three "in the crease calls" against us when our kids were clearly pushed into the crease and to the ground - from behind OR  'back-up" calls where we clearly should maintain possession - that emboldens other team's players and it continues.  .  Coach is trying to protect our players.  I was watching ND v Denver the other day and  that stuff was NOT allowed.  Very tightly called.  

Edited by HOF2013

15 hours ago, HOF2013 said:

Not sure who keeps stats on FO.  No way TD lost 4 today.  I saw one.  There were a couple where he had control and got knocked down from behind and lost the ball - NOT a lost face off - thus my previous comment.  Refs were lousy today.  FINALLY called a couple of pushes at the end of the game!!

I did see exactly what you're talking about.  There were a few that knocked out of his stick AFTER he gained control.

If they counted those as faceoff losses, that's total BS.

mlax18.pdfSection 6 AR1 states that if the FO man has clear possession before the ball is checked away, he is awarded the face off. It also appears that some like to credit the FO to the team that gains offensive possession, but that is not a viable alternative. 

Edited by jimbo

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

mlax18.pdfSection 6 AR1 states that if the FO man has clear possession before the ball is checked away, he is awarded the face off. It also appears that some like to credit the FO to the team that gains offensive possession, but that is not a viable alternative. 

That is exactly what they do when neither FO man gets clear possession.  I only saw one time when TD lost the faceoff.  There were a couple when he had possession briefly but then was pushed from behind and went down to the ground and lost the ball.  In my mind that is a win.  Not sure how whomever is recording these figures it.