UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

New Word Mark and Team store

UA'08

http://www.ualbanysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15800&ATCLID=211706782&_ga=2.122765192.2075062770.1521488368-859100800.1510677797

SFPMHONFORBBAZI.20180319154225.jpg

SERIOUSLY though I can only hope we did not get someone to design that font. It's ugly as $iena and we've been using it for the past few years. It's almost like back in the early 90's futuristic type font.

4 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Man, I don't mind it but I'm disappointed in the borderline ZERO selection of items...

I don't believe they can use any brand names to produce any of the products either since the bookstore has a stranglehold on that.

Like what's going on with the A? Why is it lopsided lol.

Edited by UA'08

As someone who is into web design and design in general as a hobby...I think the font is fine. Could it better? Sure. Is it the worst font known to man? No way.

That being said, like Click, I'd LOVE to get an authentic replica FB and maybe MBB jersey but they sell smocks or nothing at all. Heck, I had to get my fitted UAlbany cap on eBay from a total 3rd party for Pete's sake. I also bought UAlbany mini FB helmets for my office on eBay because, again, not sold by the school or athletic department. I currently work from home so not a big deal but if I ever go back to working in an office I definitely want EVERYONE to know who/what UA is and quite literally, that's barely possible.

Whoever signed that stupid contract limiting what the actual Athletic Dept. can sell vs what the bookstore can sell was an idiot. When is that dumb contract up?

Edited by Eli

7 minutes ago, Eli said:

As someone who is into web design and design in general as a hobby...I think the font is fine. Could it better? Sure. Is it the worst font known to man? No way.

That being said, like Click, I'd LOVE to get an authentic replica FB and maybe MBB jersey but they sell smocks or nothing at all. Heck, I had to get my fitted UAlbany cap on eBay from a total 3rd party for Pete's sake. I also bought UAlbany mini FB helmets for my office on eBay because, again, not sold by the school or athletic department. I currently work from home so not a big deal but if I ever go back to working in an office I definitely want EVERYONE to know who/what UA is and quite literally, that's barely possible.

Whoever signed that stupid contract limiting what the actual Athletic Dept. can sell vs what the bookstore can sell was an idiot. When is that dumb contract up?

If we didn’t spend money on someone outside to redesign it then I’ll lay off. If we did then we wasted money. 

Bookstore has a Nike football replica jersey.

Edited by UA'08
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Bookstore has a Nike football replica jersey.

OH SNAP! IT DOES. When the hell did that happen!?

http://albany.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Nike_Replica_Football_Jersey/ProductDisplay?parentCatId=40360&imageId=1331467&level=&graphicId=J000251UNAL52M&categoryId=40425&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=19071&productId=400000320639&topCatId=40000

Sucks it's only #44. But I might have to scoop this even though I always wanted #3 (my number).

After 35 years of marriage my better half still refers to the place as Albany State so if I could find one of those old gems we’d be golden. 

But I agree, not exceptional and why bother except to generate more sales?

Sometimes change for the sake of change is no change at all .... but a step back ... current UALBANY logo has been very appealing to me .... always gets comments when I am in Maine for vacation or in Vermont ....new design does not excite me ... holding on to my current stuff