UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Brown

I was reading through the 2016 recruiting thread because I was VERY bored just to see who actually came & what everyone was saying about all of the recruits & possible recruits. I came out thinking some people seem to doubt Coach Brown quite a bit. I graduated in 2004 & my friends at UA used to make fun of me for following the team. I used to say "we are going to see UA on the March Madness bracket one day" & my UA friends abused me! I remember cheering when they cut the lead to under THIRTY vs Syracuse at the Pepsi Arena. Do some of you guys realize that Brown inherited a fledgling brand new D1 team that once finished a game with four players!! Has been to FIVE NCAAs!! If this year is a "down" year I'll sign up for that anytime! Nichols & Cremo only SOPHOMORES!

My point is I think some people should trust Coach Brown a little bit more! He's done an absolutely positively INCREDIBLE job from the hand he was given!

Just my 2 cents. Don't post often but read the board quite a bit & enjoy reading all who participate. Let's hope a usual Coach Brown better as the season goes along team just taking a little bit longer than usual this year haha. Go Great Danes!!

• Like 3

Could not agree more. My complaint is rarely with the coaching and more with the lack of support for the program. I know that we are still a relatively young D1 program but the support for the coach and team should be much better.

Hoping this Ad can fix that . Not sure yet

We're all just very emotionally invested in this thing whether it's because we're alums, former UA athletes, current students, etc...so some of us (raises hand) tend to be a bit more reactionary than patient when it comes to things like recruiting but even day to day play of the team. It's part of sports. Not really sure people on here should be called out for lacking faith during certain spurts. When we win, we're going to the dance. When we lose, the sky is falling. That is literally sports 'fanism' in a nut shell. Majority of sports fans, regardless of sport, are the same way.

I don't think anyone here wants Brown gone or even remotely close to that...I personally haven't gone through that thread or I did and don't remember...so not sure what posts could be construed as such.

• Like 1

I was reading through the 2016 recruiting thread because I was VERY bored just to see who actually came & what everyone was saying about all of the recruits & possible recruits. I came out thinking some people seem to doubt Coach Brown quite a bit. I graduated in 2004 & my friends at UA used to make fun of me for following the team. I used to say "we are going to see UA on the March Madness bracket one day" & my UA friends abused me! I remember cheering when they cut the lead to under THIRTY vs Syracuse at the Pepsi Arena. Do some of you guys realize that Brown inherited a fledgling brand new D1 team that once finished a game with four players!! Has been to FIVE NCAAs!! If this year is a "down" year I'll sign up for that anytime! Nichols & Cremo only SOPHOMORES!

My point is I think some people should trust Coach Brown a little bit more! He's done an absolutely positively INCREDIBLE job from the hand he was given!

Just my 2 cents. Don't post often but read the board quite a bit & enjoy reading all who participate. Let's hope a usual Coach Brown better as the season goes along team just taking a little bit longer than usual this year haha. Go Great Danes!!

Good post and I agree. You should post more.

On the other hand, Eli is right that it is what sports fans do. We are arm chair quarterbacks.

Lastly, I hope Will Brown remains UA coach and is successful until he retires.

• Like 3

I reserve the right to light myself on fire as a paying fan...and if an AD ever listens to what I (totting around a can of gasoline) have to say about keeping or firing a coach...well that's on them!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, you have to listen to that money, but unless he was unhappy it would be a bad move. With the team he has returning he could leave in 2 years for a better opportunity in a better conference. He has a MUCH better resume than Pikell had and could get McCaffery type money after this group graduates.

Per sources, Quinnipiac coaching search has narrowed to four names: John Becker, Baker Dunleavy, Jared Grasso and Travis Steele. #MAACHoops

Wouldn't be surprised if it's Becker. Might help us in the AE getting that guy out. He's one of the only guys who can beat Brown regularly.

But glad Brown is going to be here still :P