UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Blocked punt for TD!

Is is it just me, or are Rodger and the other guy saying, quite alot, that Dane receivers are open -- a couple of times, with nothing between them and the end zone -- and DiLella can't get it to them . . . short-hops, overthrows, floats it for an easy knock-away . . . that sort of thing? Certainly, it seems to have been that way on the games I've seen (thanks to ChannelSurfing) ...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blocked punt for TD!

Is is it just me, or are Rodger and the other guy saying, quite alot, that Dane receivers are open -- a couple of times, with nothing between them and the end zone -- and DiLella can't get it to them . . . short-hops, overthrows, floats it for an easy knock-away . . . that sort of thing? Certainly, it seems to have been that way on the games I've seen (thanks to ChannelSurfing) ...

OK, OK, I spoke too soon, given that DiLella just threw a TD pass. But still . . .

On-side kick by Yale? Huh.

I hear what you're talking about Dane4ever. Seems like we left some extra points out there. I'll probably reserve judgement until I see him in person.

Dane96, this has to be the Dillion Romain you were looking for.

On-side kick by Yale? Huh.

I hear what you're talking about Dane4ever. Seems like we left some extra points out there. I'll probably reserve judgement until I see him in person.

Dane96, this has to be the Dillion Romain you were looking for.

Wow!!!!! 23-20. Again, just based on hearing the game, the Great Danes seemed to be playing with alot of determination. Take that, Yale, and go whine about it.

Great day at the bowl.

Hat trick for special teams - blocked extra point, blocked punt for TD, blocked field goal.

Can't blame the fake FG-TD on the coaches, Ford said they all told the players to watch for the fake, and they watched it right into the end zone.

I can see why Georgetown thought the refs were an enormous home advantage - one running into the kicker when we were blocked into him, one roughing the kicker when the snap was over the punter's head and he was kicking on the run, and nobody can figure out the next-to-last play when we had a near sack or fumble but was ruled an incomplete pass that never was near a receiver or got back to the line of scrimmage.

Secondary is starting to control the passing game a little better, maybe they had to get used to really good quarterbacks. Still giving too much room on the short passes, and like Duq some of the long gains were just big receivers making athletic plays over too-small cornerbacks. Real nice interception by Blais.

I still don't think we've run a sweep or toss all year, or any wide runs except Smith out of the wildcat.

Over on the Ivy forum, Albany is now "a scholarship school, without the academic hindrances of Ivies"

Haha. I saw that.

Yale spends $1 million more a year on football than us an I can guarantee they have more kids on the team going to school for free then we do.

What some have realized though, is that, and I quote a Yale fan "NEC teams and Ivy teams (and PL teams) are passing each other going in opposite directions."

Anything under 20,000 in the Yale Bowl feels like 500. Its so darn big!

0920081243.jpg

Your pic is of the visitors' side. We had a crowd of 9800, and 3 min. before kickoff the home side looked like this:

yalebowl001.jpg

Can't believe the best place they could find for the play clocks were at the top of the bowl (that little box outlined against the sky left of the scoreboard)

0920081243.jpg

Your pic is of the visitors' side. We had a crowd of 9800, and 3 min. before kickoff the home side looked like this:

yalebowl001.jpg

Can't believe the best place they could find for the play clocks were at the top of the bowl (that little box outlined against the sky left of the scoreboard)

Awesome pic UA!

Unbelievable how empty it looks with 10,000 people in it. Amazing.

0920081243.jpg

yalebowl001.jpg

They didn't want the play clock to get lost in the crowd.

Archived