UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Where are they now?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So we can call this "Brentry" then.

Funny, I think the Plymouth Raiders is the same team Todd Cetnar played for when he was in England.

Yes. I wasn't sure because he also coached at Plymouth State (NH).

A couple of years ago he was playing an over-30 rec league in Amsterdam with EJ Gallup. Wiki says he's now working in Boston

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Cetnar

BTW . . . maybe I should post this in the forums for MBB / WBB . . .but I think we have to "gird our loins" or "prepare for the worst" or whatever cliche you want to use . . .regarding TU coverage of UA in the BB seasons. I can already tell it's going to be insulting, moreso than usual. In the space of about 10 days a couple of weeks ago, we got 3 long stories on LCC, including one focused on a single recruit, and a complete story on one of the LCC guys signing to play in Europe . . . meanwhile, we hear the crickets chirping in the void that is UA coverage, and both Ray and Peter got minimal mentions at the bottom of P2, in that "briefs" section. I admit (with gritted teeth) that LCC may be strong this year, but as we know, the TU doesn't need much of an excuse to play the booster for them . . .(in journalism ethics it's called "boosterism," which is supposed to be taboo) . . . an update on how the new WBB coach is settling in, etc. -- her one-day camps a couple of weeks ago would have been the good opportunity to do that. What about our MBB/WBB recruits? What the players on both teams on doing in the Summer? Ray and Peter getting individual stories on their plans?. And where the hell is ANY info on WB's contract talks, or lack thereof? (That may be Benson's doing -- no info forthcoming.)

• Like 1

BTW . . . maybe I should post this in the forums for MBB / WBB . . .but I think we have to "gird our loins" or "prepare for the worst" or whatever cliche you want to use . . .regarding TU coverage of UA in the BB seasons. I can already tell it's going to be insulting, moreso than usual. In the space of about 10 days a couple of weeks ago, we got 3 long stories on LCC, including one focused on a single recruit, and a complete story on one of the LCC guys signing to play in Europe . . . meanwhile, we hear the crickets chirping in the void that is UA coverage, and both Ray and Peter got minimal mentions at the bottom of P2, in that "briefs" section. I admit (with gritted teeth) that LCC may be strong this year, but as we know, the TU doesn't need much of an excuse to play the booster for them . . .(in journalism ethics it's called "boosterism," which is supposed to be taboo) . . . an update on how the new WBB coach is settling in, etc. -- her one-day camps a couple of weeks ago would have been the good opportunity to do that. What about our MBB/WBB recruits? What the players on both teams on doing in the Summer? Ray and Peter getting individual stories on their plans?. And where the hell is ANY info on WB's contract talks, or lack thereof? (That may be Benson's doing -- no info forthcoming.)

Well, the school has not put out a press release on the recruits, correct? I guess they could do a little research, call the coach and write something up but that would take a good journalist, which the TU doesn't have.

I loathe "handout journalism," relying on the institutions and people you are supposed to be reporting to give you PR releases to drive your reporting ... Certainly you can use that to get some information which you then check out and expand on for yourself. But you don't sit and wait to be given something. The antithesis of handout journalism is "enterprise journalism," meaning you fold up the Racing Form and put it away and use your legs (not just the phone) to go where the news is and report it, figure it out for yourself, develop new angles, help people understand what is going on and why. You know, journalism. Even sports journalism. Back in the 1920s, a hardened old editor for the City News Bureau in Chicago would tell his reporters: "If your mother says she loves you, check it out."

Yeah, I have too much time on my hands.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fplymouthraiders%2Fposts%2F1123648801058381

Welcome to Plymouth Peter, Deji, Simon, David and Rhys (and family!). Welcome back to Dylan, and welcome to a couple of our BBL Development players (we'll be introducing you to them this week), who have all arrived in the city today/tonight. We hope you have a great time and an even better season!

14068092_1123648801058381_87632867800590

Edited by MRSGDG