UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Coach Abe with the Vote of Confidence

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

2010-2011: Picked 7th in the Pre-Season Poll, finished the season in 5th.

Coach Abe takes a team that went 11-19 the previous season and leads it to its most wins since 1996-97, and the most in its Division I history. In the AE Tournament, the team loses by five points to eventual AE champion Hartford.

2011-2012: Picked 5th in the Pre-Season Poll, finished the season in 2nd.

Team goes 14-2 in conference and finishes one game out of first place. Team wins the conference tournament, going to the NCAAs. Coach Abe wins COY award. First time in Division I history that UAlbany wins 20 or more games.

2012-2013: Picked 1st in the Pre-Season Poll, finishes the season in ???

It should be great to see how this team follows up after last season. This athletic department needs more coaches like Coach Abe.

• 2 months later...

3 Recruits announced for next year: http://www.ualbanysp...DB_OEM_ID=15800

One of the 3 is the 44th rank guard in the 2013 class.

ESPN's rating, with a score of 90. No idea if the grading system is the same for both genders for Scout (who ESPN uses.)

The top 100 recuits in the country go through "92" so 90 seems pretty darn good. Of course, Sharessa Richards was not ranked at all and has been terrific so far this season.

Probably the more important thing that the talent is knowing what to do with it. Trina brought in some good players, in fact the core of last year's championship team were her recruits, she just never got them to buy in the way Coach Abe has.

Think about next year...Imani Tate being nationally ranked and devouring all that Coach "Abe" puts on her plate, Shereesha Richards as a sophomore MACHINE (where currently she only has 5 consecutive America East “Rookie of the Week” awards...hell, why don’t they just name her America East “Player of the YEAR” and get it over with...or am I disrespecting some other UAlbany player that’s playing better than her?!?), Megan Craig as a junior Center at 6” – 8” (where her play from freshman to this year as a sophomore is profound...imagine next year under Coach "Abes" tutelage!), Sarah Royals, Margarita Rosario, and Kenyontae Williams building on their growth from this year.... UAlbany Women’s Basketball program IS and WILL CONTINUE to be a POWERHOUSE!! From recruititing, to practicing, to developing the talent, to instilling a winning tradition, to demanding mental toughness, to establishing and maintaining physical development in her players, to making her players comprehend her basketball philosophies and ideals, to having the FORTITUDE to push your players to become the best that they can be...not only from a basketball standpoint , but as a student - athlete and as a PERSON....COACH ABE DOES THAT LIKE NO OTHER UALBANY WOMENS BASKETBALL COACH EVER HAS....again , in my "humble" opinion!

• 3 weeks later...

Sharessa Richards was not ranked at all and has been terrific so far this season.

I took the time to go to the UVM game, and I walked away highly impressed with Ms. Richards. She ran like a gazelle, and always was involved in the play.

If Coach Abe stays, and Sharessa keeps developing, I am going to make a seriously bold/stupid prediction, and say that Ebony's new record could be in danger.

Find this thread in three years. I will either be an idiot or a genius, but that's the way I roll.

Edited by haggyland

Sharessa Richards was not ranked at all and has been terrific so far this season.

I took the time to go to the UVM game, and I walked away highly impressed with Ms. Richards. She ran like a gazelle, and always was involved in the play.

If Coach Abe stays, and Sharessa keeps developing, I am going to make a seriously bold/stupid prediction, and say that Ebony's new record could be in danger.

Find this thread in three years. I will either be an idiot or a genius, but that's the way I roll.

Usually the former with you... :-)

Usually the former latter with you... :-)

Fixed.

Shereesa could break the career scoring and/or rebounding record. It all depends on what scorers and rebounders are recruited.

Erin, Taylor and Tammy all show promise.

If we can keep Coach Abe the womens program is in good hands.

As John Wooden said --if you want to see real basketball watch the womens game----------