UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

vs Hartford - AE Tourney Round 1 - 3/1 - 7:30PM

Eli

Really poor showing by the America east switching to this nonsense format.

I miss the tournament, but I get why this format makes more sense. Man going to the tournament was fun though.

When you think about it, it really doesn't except for the home court. You have days to prepare for quarters and semi. A deep team like Vermont would have a huge advantage against other teams playing the semis a day after.
  • Like 1

I don't think there's anything to really market. It's a quarterfinal game of a playoff on a Wednesday. Only die hards swill show for that. You can market a legit tournament with a bunch of games with multiple teams over a weekend. Does the America east keep the money from the gates? If I'm Albany I just low key give this $ienas away for free.

Unless there's a big upset..it will be the last game at SEFCU this season.

• Like 1

Really poor showing by the America east switching to this nonsense format.

I miss the tournament, but I get why this format makes more sense. Man going to the tournament was fun though.

When you think about it, it really doesn't except for the home court. You have days to prepare for quarters and semi. A deep team like Vermont would have a huge advantage against other teams playing the semis a day after.

Definitely hurts Albany big time with so many alumni not local. Tournament makes it easier to stomach the trip, plus not midweek.

• Like 1

I stopped at SEFCU yesterday for other reasons and I asked about ticket sales. They mentioned that they have had pretty heavy call volume but are hoping for a good walkup sales. I am pretty far removed from the student body, but I hope they turn out. My wife made fun of me this morning saying that I care more about the team than the students do. That is kind of sad really.

• Like 3

It is just under two hours for me to drive up there. Weekends I can do it but weekdays are tough since the kids have separate activities in the evenings. I tried hard to work it out for tonight but it's impossible with kids going to two different locations at the same time.

Ticket sales is the reason the league did this and, I hate to say it, it has worked from what I've heard. Selling tickets to four games in four different locations has sold a lot more tickets than selling session tickets at a tourney. On the other hand though, and I've been saying this since they changed, it is a slap in the face to the hardcore fans of this conference who don't live within driving distance of their school. The great chase for the almighty dollar at the expense of fans.

• Like 3

Does anyone know if Albany keeps he ticket sales or does it go to the America east?

Heard the ticket price goes to the conference and the fee goes to the school.
What kind of fee?
The $3 processing fees. Edited by MRSGDG

The apathy at this school is appalling. If it wasn't for us on the board, there would be 5 fans in the seats (obviously being sarcastic for emphasis). Ugh.

What happened to all that good marketing that occurred when Benson first got here? Wonder if we have different marketing people.