UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Ede - Huh

Ede Egharevba is now at NC AT+T as a grad student transfer.

GREENSBORO – North Carolina A&T men’s basketball coach announced the completion of his recruiting class Tuesday. Aggie fans will be introduced to four new players next season including two Division I graduate transfers, a junior college transfer and one true freshman.

The Aggies class includes Ede Egharevba (6-6, 210, Queens, N.Y., Albany University), Joshea Singleton (6-4, 211, Kinston, N.C., Bucknell University), Mike Owona (6-9, 250, Bel Air, Md., Northwest Kansas Technical College) and Deion James (6-8, 205, Tucson, Ariz., Empire).

“Ede is a highly-intelligent young man who graduated college in three years,” said Alexander. “We’re looking for him to be a double-digit scorer and a fierce defender because of his length on the wings. He brings a lot to the table including maturity in the locker room.”

Over a two-year period, Egharevba played in 18 games with one start for the Great Danes. He initially singed with Wichita State out of Evelyn Mack Academy (N.C.). He took a redshirt season before transferring to Midland where he averaged 5.9 points and 3.2 rebounds before transferring to Albany. He was a 2010 All-New York City performer out of Edison High School, and was the leading scorer at Mack Academy in 2011.

He graduated college in three years? 1 year at Wichita State, 1 year at JUCO, 2 years at UAlbany.

I wasn't clear on how he had a year left but maybe he got a waiver or something? In any event, good for him. I hope he has a good year down there.

Free Ede

Never Forget

Oh, I can forget. Seemed like a team player, and great kid, but the same issue followed him from Wichita to Albany: Understanding of the game...true basketball IQ.

Again, seems like a great kid...but he never truly had great coaching growing up in NYC...and sometimes that type of ball doesn't translate to college. It's the exact reason that NYC is not the hotbed of high school hoops that it used to be.

Free Ede

Never Forget

Oh, I can forget. Seemed like a team player, and great kid, but the same issue followed him from Wichita to Albany: Understanding of the game...true basketball IQ.

Again, seems like a great kid...but he never truly had great coaching growing up in NYC...and sometimes that type of ball doesn't translate to college. It's the exact reason that NYC is not the hotbed of high school hoops that it used to be.

Buncha Mike D'Antoni's down there? Offense offense offense?

I describe it as "free-flowing". No real teaching of "system" basketball. I was very lucky that when I played on a major AAU team down there, we had a great coach who taught us system basketball. All the other big AAU teams (Gauchos, Riverside Hawks, etc.) were just individually talented.

Think, Globetrotters.

• Like 2