UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Wow...what a heartbreak year. The good thing....four losses by 8 goals. This team is VERY young. We may have an ugly year...but my lord will we be good.

I'm hoping these will be "character" games and allow us to roll through America East play. We'll see though.

Wow...what a heartbreak year. The good thing....four losses by 8 goals. This team is VERY young. We may have an ugly year...but my lord will we be good.

I'm hoping these will be "character" games and allow us to roll through America East play. We'll see though.

We will win our share of league games, but most won't be easy. There are still some pretty good teams in the league unlike the league the other lacrosse team in this area plays in.

Laxpower computer rankings has UAlbany in their top 20 despite their dismal record. When looking at how UAlbany's ranking was calculated it seems a better measure of how good the team is than W/L record. Albany has played all 4 games on the road. The first 3 games were against highly ranked teams. Laxpower computer rankings are based on predicted winner and especially margin of victory. The predicted margin of victory automatically give the home team 3 goals. They then calculate how much to add or subtract from the predicted margin of victory in addition to the home team's 3 goals. The difference between predicted and actual margin of victory (or defeat) determines a numerical value given to each team as a result of each game. The results for UAlbany are relatively good despite being 0-4. They still have a relatively high computer score because they beat the predicted margin each game until the UMass game which UAlbany was one under the predicted margin of victory. Don't forget they played 3 of the top 8 ranked teams (as per poll) all on the road in their first 3 games. In any other sport, this would be considered the most brutal schedule possible. So despite their terrible record so far, there is hope!

Archived