UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

new QB Coach and Passing Coordinator

I'm optimistic that he'll help the offense. He really didn't say anything in the interview - just a lot of coach speak. But he's new, still getting to know the players and hasn't had a practice yet so i'm sure that he's still feeling things out a bit. Will be interesting to see if things are any different in a few weeks when they start spring practice.

• Like 2

I'm optimistic that he'll help the offense. He really didn't say anything in the interview - just a lot of coach speak. But he's new, still getting to know the players and hasn't had a practice yet so i'm sure that he's still feeling things out a bit. Will be interesting to see if things are any different in a few weeks when they start spring practice.

I have done a little background research and he seems to be a very good QB guy so we'll see how that translates. Hopefully his influence and ability with the QB's, plus Hanks being back plus a year of experience with the O line and a couple of stud lineman that were redshirted last year will translate into actually scoring those 20 points this year that would have made us a winning team last year. I forgot Mofor and the receiving crew from last year having another year. We'll see.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1

With Hanks back and a more experienced O-Line, wouldn't the odds be in favor of a more proficient offense this year?

The offensive production really can't get much worse, and all signs point to it being better, whatever that might ultimately mean.

YEP! Yep! yep! Agreed!

Does anyone have an update on Hanks? Is he100%? I assume he was not 100% last year. Did the NCAA grant an extra year of eligibility because of his knee. If he was healthy last year they beat Maine and Elon giving them 6 wins.

Does anyone know what happened last year? I remember GG had some comments regarding Hanks that were borderline dismissive if memory serves. We don't know if he was physically limited or mentally after surgery etc. That whole Hanks thing last year was a bit of a black box.

GG basically called Hanks Derrick Rose. It was something along the lines of, or rather reading between the lines, "He's healthy and can play but mentally doesn't have it in him so it it what it is. He's his own man."

For those who aren't NBA fans: Derrick Rose had some busted up knees and was cleared by everyone and everything to play and still sat out pretty much an entire NBA season because he couldn't get over the mental hurdle and wanted to 'be around to see his kids grow up' (like not having a healthy knee cap = death and not seeing his kids LOL)...

This was definitely a weird situation last year.

Edited by Eli

Does anyone have an update on Hanks? Is he100%? I assume he was not 100% last year. Did the NCAA grant an extra year of eligibility because of his knee. If he was healthy last year they beat Maine and Elon giving them 6 wins.

He was granted another year saw something about it somewhere last fall. Some kids take longer to mentally get over a knee injury like he had. They said he was physically ready to go but he did not think so. Anyway he is ready to go. He is the captain of one of the Player Teams from the Danes draft - they are competing with each other. I think there are about 8 or 10 teams. They post photos of themselves at BB games and doing community service - they must have goals for all of those things plus competitive work outs etc.

My question is about Diggs. He was great last year but unless he was given another year he is done. He said he spent a couple of years screwing around finally got himself together.

Edited by HOF2013
  • Like 1